Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dexo posted:

lmao. I do'nt approve of Jordan Slander even if the reason for the slander is totally valid.

People underrate the poo poo out of Scottie and how loving important he was to that team.

I think people also underrate the fact that Jordan needed a "big three" to even win. Horace Grant was his Chris Bosh. And he had Rodman for the other three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

verbal enema posted:

In a trilogy often times a main character is killed...

Draymond Green will probably kill about a billion future younglings does that count

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Craig K posted:

now now there's good dota players that aren't subhuman scum

just give me a week to come up with them

Dendi and like all of OG

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

euphronius posted:

Of course if thibs got issac he'd probably never play him with kat anyway.

Isaac will probably play more than 10 minutes per game if he's on the Timberwolves

e: gently caress I just realized now I can't use "Wolves" without opening up G-League team jokey-jokes.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paul Zuvella posted:

I really love the concept of "ring chasing" because the entire point of professional sports is to win rings.

Everyone is ring chasing.

Some players care more about money, to be fair.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://streamable.com/ym5l5

Adam Silver sounds pretty open to getting rid of the one-and-done rule

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

morestuff posted:

He's been pushing for two years for a while

Tae posted:

Assuming a crazy world in where the 2 year rule goes through, doesn't that potentially make the first draft for that era really bad?

You should actually listen to it because he's talking about bringing the age requirement back down.

Ghost Dog posted:

this link involves colin cowherd talking and there was no warning. it just started happening

I almost tagged it but I wanted everyone to feel the same pain I did when I saw it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

morestuff posted:

My bad, sitting at work. What would change, then? Players can already go straight to the D-League at 18 if they want

Cowherd brings up the G-League idea (he actually suggests making it more like Europe and allowing players to sign with a G-League team at 16) but Silver sort of glosses over it, I don't think players would be required to go there if they entered the draft out of High School.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kibner posted:

I hope the Cavs and Warriors end this playoffs with the same record.

That's not possible but I hope they have the same amount of losses.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Incredible

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Someone needs to go find and destroy the Warriors' toaster horcrux

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

EvanTH posted:

sucks that it's the offseason already

Three fuckin days between games at the same site it may as well be

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

EvanTH posted:

man LeBron's D is perfect on that. He went for the block the instant Curry put the ball in both hands and was therefore not allowed to put it on the floor again.

At the time I thought the help D was real lacking

Same. I don't blame the refs for missing that though, it was probably in both hands for barely the blink of an eye.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tae posted:

Reiley should ask her father to go to an ariana grande concert

Jesus Christ

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

EvanTH posted:

how do I go about applying for that hoopshype job if I have no resume because I've been on disability since forever and no writing samples because i only post on forums

just show them this post

EvanTH posted:

Are the players from the past allowed to supplement their training regimens? Are they allowed an offseason or so to get up to speed with modern NBA practices? Do we travel back in time or forward in time to hold the match, and how does this affect the social lives during the downtime preparing for the game? ? Which team is awarded home-time advantage? Is it harder to teach the 80s Lakers to text, or more deprivation to keep the modern Warriors without smartphones or internet or advanced stats?

I bet Magic Johnson's relationship with his son is a million times better due to Magic being kinda forced to interact with the LGBT community and bond over issues of HIV stigma ("Good AIDS v. Bad AIDS was a real cultural phenomenon)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3xUjw2BCYE

If we send Magic back in time, does he use his knowledge of the future to take precautions and prevent the contraction of the virus? Does this mean he's less understanding of his son as a person once this experiment is complete? Are we destroying a beautiful relationship just for the sake of our own thought experiment? What kind of monsters are we?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kibner posted:

Who would be the best 3v3 All-Center team? Cousins | Davis | Jokic(?)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kibner posted:

derp. I somehow forgot about KAT. whoops

The best part about the picture is that he's judging you for forgetting him and also telling you why

• Locked thread