Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Asterios posted:

Toys 4 Cheap is the Onion AV Club's #2 staff pick for holiday gifts!

That's not their holiday gift list. They did a list of books to give as gifts, and your book didn't make it. Staff Picks is a weekly article where people who write for the AV Club name random things they've been enjoying that week, and it's cool that you made it on there, but it's not a top 10 list or a list of gift recommendations. The article I just linked is.

Yeah, I read the AV Club and also I am very lame/uncool IRL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Asterios posted:

Buddy: if you don't like me, or my book, just say so. Don't try to imply whatever bullshit you're implying.

Fake edit: for the love of gently caress, you're a mod on the front page board, and you're making GBS threads on a front page writer who is finding the smallest measure of success. gently caress. You.
Because you're a stupid defensive rear end in a top hat who freaks out whenever he's criticized. I like the front page a lot. I care about it. I'd love to see people on the forums engaging with it more. So the fact that you seem happy to smugly self-promote to a forum full of people criticizing you while at the same time being incredibly defensive any time anyone says anything bad is very frustrating to me. Trying to brag about yourself in ways that are just straight-up factually incorrect is stupid. I'm happy that you've published a book, and that's great, totally an achievement to be proud of, and it may very well be an excellent book, but you're also kind of a dick to everyone all the time, and you're super full of yourself, and if there's one thing that SA is, it's a website where we can make fun of that exact combination of traits.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Asterios posted:

Then just say that, you weird, jealous head case! Say "you're a stupid defensive rear end in a top hat and I hate you and your book."

Don't try and make me out to be a loving liar. That's horrible.
I don't think you're a liar, just an idiot. Nobody's jealous of your success, we're just sick of you writing dumb poo poo and freaking out when people don't like it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Asterios posted:

Your statement implies that I am lying about what the AV club wrote about. Remember, the paragraph of bullshit you meticulously researched to try and make a front page writer look bad in a thread about his own book?

Don't run from your own bullshit, you weird, jealous head case!
I read the AV Club, and you misunderstood what the weekly Staff Picks feature is. That's all. That was what I was saying - they had a separate list of top books to give as gifts. But you keep doing you, my man.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lmfao, that isn't going to happen. But thanks for proving my point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hey, I want to apologize publicly for being a dick to you, Asterios. I'm sorry. It was an amazingly stupid thing to do, and you didn't deserve it. I know other people were already doing it, but I should not have joined in, especially not as an admin. Anyone who contributes content to the front page deserves recognition for helping to keep this site going. Again, sorry. I mean that.

• Locked thread