Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
You know those big collections of games from one publisher or series or somethin? Stuff like "SNK Arcade Classics" or "Atari Anthology"? I guess there's less now, probably because rights stuff is weird & it's easier/more profitable to release older games individually through download services but they were especially big during the Ps2/Gamecube/Xbox era and I was wondering if any of you had some u really dug?

"Midway Arcade Treasures" was my favorite. A lot of ppl prefer Arcade Treasures 2 because its got more well-known classics (Mortal Kombat 2 & 3, for example) but the thing I always dug about those game collections is when you get to play something you wouldn't otherwise. Stuff like Bubbles, Satan's Hollow & Toobin' were the kind of games I'd never play otherwise & having them on the collection was sick. The other really cool thing was that almost all the games came with a lot of supplemental stuff like interviews/cabinet art/etc. (Ed Boon talking in front of The Grid ftw), one I always remember is the interview with the Sinistar guy where he talks about the glitch to get a ton of lives. I tried to do it all the time but I could never get it right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0rsDquEZKg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Fantasy Zone Complete Collection is cool because the developers made a legit new game on 80s arcade hardware just for the collection, there are bootleg conversion kits for it and everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vucC5RDi-Xg

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
M2 are so impressive, you've probably already seen it but for any1 who hasn't the translated interviews with them about the work they put into their 3ds ports are insane
http://blogs.sega.com/2015/01/23/sega-3d-classics-developer-interviews/

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

toobin is loving win op

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

toobin is loving win op

I played it a ton, co-op all the time too. That, 720, Joust & Marble Madness were my favorite ones to play with other ppl

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Die Hard Trilogy.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kirby Superstar Ultra

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Theres only one

Soral
May 30, 2009

Control Volume posted:

Theres only one

its this and kirby super star

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Control Volume posted:

Theres only one

Well there's actually two different versions of All Stars

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Well there's actually two different versions of All Stars

the one with smw is too powerful

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Sorry, heres a picture of the complete compilation

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Control Volume posted:

Sorry, heres a picture of the complete compilation

So. Much. Win!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Super Mario All-Stars + World is basically the single greatest gaming experience possible packed into one cartridge

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I kinda prefer the original physics + graphics...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

duh

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Sure. Doesn't change how amazing that combo was

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah in the period having access to all those games in one set was fairly godlike. Most of my SNES time was playing World and All-Stars

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Picked this up the other day and It's been hitting me with some major nostalja from middle school.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

For me it's the Metal Slug Anthology on PS2.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Also big ups to all those PSX/GamerMag demo discs that got me to not waste my childhood money on bad games.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Mario All Stars is pretty high up there for me. There were also pretty sweet at the time:

When we upgraded our PC, my mom took me to Price Club to go get a copy of this and Dark Forces

I know I had some collection with Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 and Icewind Dale but I can't find it any more. So many hours of playtime ..

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Bioshock Collection.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Kazvall posted:

For me it's the Metal Slug Anthology on PS2.

omg I gotta get this, the PS2 was like the one big console I missed & I got one recently to catch up on all the stuff i never got to play.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hat Thoughts posted:

omg I gotta get this, the PS2 was like the one big console I missed & I got one recently to catch up on all the stuff i never got to play.

Check out Burnout 3: Takedown OP.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

In Training posted:

Check out Burnout 3: Takedown OP.

I had like everything else so I played Burnout 3 on the Xbox kinda obsessively, me and my dad would play Crash mode all the time. Eventually I got a downloadable copy for the 360 & played it to completion a couple times because the save got corrupted after I'd finished once.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Hat Thoughts posted:

it's like the only port(s) that actually play like in the arcade, the steam ports are a loving joke

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
The Game & Watch Gallery Series

Zelda Collector's Edition, Metroid Prime Trilogy & Kirby's Dream Collection

Capcom & Mega Man!!

KONAMI!

SEGA

FIGHT!

OTHER!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The PS4 version of this + GZ/TPP will be an absolute must for all future gamer generations

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This is probably second only to SMAS+W for sheer amount of win in one compilation

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'd say it's better since I'm not a big fan of Mario 2.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

I'd say it's better since I'm not a big fan of Mario 2.

I like Mario 2 but the combined might of just 3 and World is almost too powerful to handle

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

not only are you getting some of the best games ever in one pack but they're the subsistence versions with extra stuff, and they're also as good as HDmakes get with crisp 1080p textures+anti-aliasing and smoothing, running at 60 fps. godly compilation

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

In Training posted:

The PS4 version of this + GZ/TPP will be an absolute must for all future gamer generations

theres a ps4 collection that includes mgs1? dont get my hopes up...

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Control Volume posted:

Theres only one

super mario all stars loving blows dick

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Control Volume posted:

Theres only one

they physics are all wrong gently caress you

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

they physics are all wrong gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i dont know if he was being sincere or not but i am: i dont like super mario all stars at all. stars.

• Locked thread