Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hell yes. So many memories on 1 CD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Metroid Prime Trilogy is also extremely win as is Ico/SotC and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5. I like compilations that make significant improvements to the games

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Hell yes. So many memories on 1 CD.

comix zone had a really cool aesthetic but i dont recall it being very good

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The ICO/Shadow of the colossus compilation

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

I mostly played Sonic 2 and Shining Force on it. Never beat Comix Zone or Kid Chameleon.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
finished sonic 2, played a shitload of flicky, quite a bit of comix zone and the first stage of vectorman. never played the other three.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

hd super turbo that still has a busted rear end akuma but some tournaments didn't ban akuma so darksydephil beat justin wong in sthd using akuma and he still brags about it edIT: i guess that's not a comp WHATEVER

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
darksydephil owns

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

game and watch gallery 4 was my favorite of the series because it put the lcd outlines in the inactive spots in classic mode so you felt like you were playing a real game and watch/tiger electronics style game. i would play the mario and luigi cake factory game for hours. one of the best games the gba had to offer.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

ArfJason posted:

It's actually very good.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
The Capcom Classics Collections are pretty cool. There's a lame blurry video filter on all the games among other lesser nitpicks but overall they're a good value.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

An epic selection of games

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Yes!

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I also really loved Namco Museum, particularly the first one, it was so sick how they made the museum an actual 3d space that you could walk around in (as Pac-Man) to play games in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K0nlaHXjnI
I loved the first one because me & my cousin played a ton of Toy Pop (which is difficult to find!) & I thought Bosconian was like the sickest
It's too bad that after the PS1 they completely removed the actual "museum" part of these, it's such a cool way of presenting the games

Hat Thoughts fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Oct 29, 2016

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

This one

etherealshaq
Mar 6, 2010

COME DOWN AND EAT CHICKEN WITH ME, BEAUTIFUL. IT'S SOOOOOOOOOO DARK

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Is that a PC release?

etherealshaq
Mar 6, 2010

COME DOWN AND EAT CHICKEN WITH ME, BEAUTIFUL. IT'S SOOOOOOOOOO DARK
I have it on PS3. Not sure if it was released on any other platforms. There's close to 40 games on it and bonus interviews and unlockable games, although I can't speak very well to things like the quality of the emulation and stuff like that. Good value for money anyway

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Hat Thoughts posted:

I also really loved Namco Museum, particularly the first one, it was so sick how they made the museum an actual 3d space that you could walk around in (as Pac-Man) to play games in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K0nlaHXjnI
I loved the first one because me & my cousin played a ton of Toy Pop (which is difficult to find!) & I thought Bosconian was like the sickest
It's too bad that after the PS1 they completely removed the actual "museum" part of these, it's such a cool way of presenting the games

These are all on PSN (including the Japan-only Encore volume if you have a JPN PSN account) and to date some of the games included are the only official Western releases of those games in any form.

Namco Museum Megamix on Wii is pretty cool but the interface is loving annoying. You *have* to plug the nunchuk in to navigate the menus, but you'll probably want to remove it to actually play the games. It's quite irritating if you'd like to jump between several games.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

This one never released. I remember calling my local Game Crazy every week asking if it was in yet.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
How is the Rare Replay

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Discount Viscount posted:

The Game & Watch Gallery Series

Because game boy gallery was only released in europe/australia, in europe/australia all the game and watch gallery games were called game boy gallery 2 and 3 and stuff.. basically very hard to talk about the series across region borders. i played gbg a whole lot though
i had a lot of fun with this also. arcade perfect rainbow islands on ps2... my wallet!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
game and watch gallery was such a good series, i keep hoping they'll release a new giant one

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i used to have the M namco museum and i dont know what i did with it and it really bothers me because that one had the guide for tower of druaga in the book

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

elf help book posted:

game and watch gallery was such a good series, i keep hoping they'll release a new giant one

Minigame collections always seem to do well and Game & Watch seems like the perfect way to release what is essentially a giant minigame comp that would work on basically any nintendo device. I wish they did more stuff with Game & Watch in general, I'm sure they won't do it because the money's in the big licenses but it'd be cool if Nintendo used their mobile partnership to release touch-based Game & Watch style games on phones (ports seems like a bad idea 2 me since the originals are so focused on immediate feedback).

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The lack of a new warioware on 3ds is a crime.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I wish they'd do a HD compilation of all the dot.HACK games. I feel like I ask for this all the time.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
It's interesting how compilations now are primarily single game series. I mean it makes sense since I can't think of many companies besides console manufacturers & Sega that have the complete rights to a big library of older/beloved games and even then if people are just buying it for Sonic or w/e it's gonna be more profitable to sell that stuff individually (like that Sega bedroom thing that came out recently where you get the games piecemeal). I think maybe Rare Replay is the most recent prominent collection that really feels like it spans a wide variety in terms of games included but even that's still obviously missing a lot of stuff because of licensing issues.
I wonder if we won't see indie publisher compilations at some point down the road, like a Devolver Classics or Adult Swim Games Retro or w/e. I guess that experience of just getting a bunch of smaller games has been kind of subsisted by humble bundles & there's no reason to go to the extra effort to make a self-contained package when people can get the same result by buying Steam bundles or w/e but I really appreciate the experience of having stuff be sort of collected & curated together with supplementals and all that. Sportsfriends was kind of that idea where they collected local multiplayer indie games, although that's different because that was just a way to release all those games & it wasn't like there was anything beyond the games in there.

It'd be cool if there was a videogame equivalent to those Kino Lorber collections where they package together a bunch of stuff that would be ignored by itself but is carefully picked because it makes sense within the larger collection. You could have like genre bundles where you trace back mechanics/the evolution of systems/underappreciated weird stuff that came out. I guess it's probably not gonna happen anytime soon because of rights & a million other things but...itd be cool

Evil Eagle posted:

The lack of a new warioware on 3ds is a crime.

My secret desire for Warioware is that I wish they'd do more simultaneous multiplayer stuff, I really really loved the local multiplayer they came up with in the GameCube port of the GBA game.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

NickRoweFillea posted:

I wish they'd do a HD compilation of all the dot.HACK games. I feel like I ask for this all the time.

Funny, I feel like I've been asking you this specifically for awhile

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

Lmao

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Hat Thoughts posted:

My secret desire for Warioware is that I wish they'd do more simultaneous multiplayer stuff, I really really loved the local multiplayer they came up with in the GameCube port of the GBA game.

Hell even the GBA original had a handful of vs. minigames, with each player using one shoulder button! Chiritorie was pretty fun. They also had one vs. game in Twisted.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Black Baby Goku posted:

I'm moved into my new place and booting up my computer to put them on Mega for you my friend

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Let it be known that i sent BBG the game

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

NickRoweFillea posted:

I'm moved into my new place and booting up my computer to put them on Mega for you my friend

Thank you :yum:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anybody here have the mega man collection? ive never played a mega man game and it looks like quite the compy (short for compilation)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

In Training posted:

Anybody here have the mega man collection? ive never played a mega man game and it looks like quite the compy (short for compilation)

I have the GameCube version. It's been a while since I played it but I can't remember anything obviously bad about it, aside from the tiny GC d-pad which isn't the game's fault.

• Locked thread