Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

I have the GameCube version. It's been a while since I played it but I can't remember anything obviously bad about it, aside from the tiny GC d-pad which isn't the game's fault.

Sweet but I guess I should have said Legacy collection, the thing on PS4/PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I really love the presentation on this

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

mycophobia posted:

I have the GameCube version. It's been a while since I played it but I can't remember anything obviously bad about it, aside from the tiny GC d-pad which isn't the game's fault.

they swapped the jump/shoot buttons and there's no way to switch them back, it sucks. ps2 version is fine i think?

In Training posted:

Anybody here have the mega man collection? ive never played a mega man game and it looks like quite the compy (short for compilation)

its fine

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

Also I really love the presentation on this

yeah this is one of the best things

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Anybody here have the mega man collection? ive never played a mega man game and it looks like quite the compy (short for compilation)

I have the PC one and it's tight.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Yeah the button swap thing was weird but I got used to it. Got a lot of mileage out of that comp back in the day

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Hat Thoughts posted:

I wonder if we won't see indie publisher compilations at some point down the road, like a Devolver Classics or Adult Swim Games Retro or w/e.

that would be cool. speaking of indie compilations cactus did a compilation pack of his own free games a while back [pre hotline miami 1] and that was really cool

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

mycophobia posted:

Yeah the button swap thing was weird but I got used to it. Got a lot of mileage out of that comp back in the day

It took like 3 days to rewire my brain to it and stop loving up. But then it was fine.

That compilation wasn't perfect – music was streamed and thus faded out and restarted if you were in a level long enough, they took the ending out of Mega Man 7 because it used Mode 7 and they couldn't get it to work right, and Mega Man 5's audio levels are pretty off – but it was 10 Mega Man games and all the gameplay was there.

I stayed up one night in college and played through 1-6, beating each of them for the first time (except 5, as that was the one I own on NES and had played through many times.)

I still haven't beaten Wily in 8.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i didnt play any megaman game beyond x3, was there anything really good released after that?

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

the most epic one was the sega genesis collection i forgot what it was c,alled doe

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

editfuckbeaten

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
that cart and mario all stars were like... how is this possible....

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Bobnumerotres posted:

i didnt play any megaman game beyond x3, was there anything really good released after that?

X series is all over the place & never gets as good as x1-2-3, some of them are awful

Zero series is cool, Z1's a little goofy but they're all great (& theres a compilation for DS)

ZX/ZX Advent are metroidvanias, they're fine but they never really grabbed me

MM9 is up there with the best classic MM games, MM10 is fine but not as good

there are two 2.5D remakes for PSP, Megaman Powered Up (MM1 remake with chibi art style, has lots of unlockables & cool features like a level editor) & Maverick Hunter (MMX remake, fine but redundant)

Mighty no.9 is thoroughly mediocre, not as bad as the worst MM games but not far off

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Battle Network is win. I loved the early ones but they made like 8 of them and I stopped keeping up after 3 or so, so idk how the series turned out.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

magaman

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

X4 is good

• Locked thread