Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I was walking around the corner of my patio and I almost stepped on the drat thing. Fortunately he wasn't aggressive as cottonmouth snakes are said to be. He just slithered off into my jasmine bush. Poor thing was probably displaced by hurricane Matthew. Problem is, I still have debris that I need to clean and there's a lot of branches in that jasmine and spanish moss too. So, here's the gamble: do you think that snake will move on by tomorrow so I can finish debris removal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cnut
May 3, 2016

To be on the safe side, KoB, I think you need to burn it all down. Sorry.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
SOMEBODAYS POOOOIIIIIISONED THE WATER HOLE!

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

cnut posted:

my wheelhose and trying to jack of tried that already and failed somehow.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

cnut posted:

A fresh start would be nice. Hmm

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
This is literally what guns are for OP

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

King of Bees posted:

I was walking around the corner of my patio and I almost stepped on the drat thing. Fortunately he wasn't aggressive as cottonmouth snakes are said to be. He just slithered off into my jasmine bush. Poor thing was probably displaced by hurricane Matthew. Problem is, I still have debris that I need to clean and there's a lot of branches in that jasmine and spanish moss too. So, here's the gamble: do you think that snake will move on by tomorrow so I can finish debris removal?

Bust out the shovel and go to town on that tiny poison dude

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

penus penus penus posted:

This is literally what guns are for OP

I have lots of guns penus penus penus, but my stupid hoa won't allow me to shoot anything in the neighborhood. I am at the mercy of God for this thing.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Tardcore posted:

Bust out the shovel and go to town on that tiny poison dude

Well it's still dark, but I don't know if I could find it in the tangle of jasmine even in the day time.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

King of Bees posted:

I have lots of guns penus penus penus, but my stupid hoa won't allow me to shoot anything in the neighborhood. I am at the mercy of God for this thing.

Oh hey I never pay attention to the OP name but I remember you had a lowered bike and have a jeep. Those are quite masculine things, as are guns for that matter. Therefore just shoot the snake. If someone complains or sees you just go "gently caress off". They will pick up on your confidence and leave

Just use like birdshot its seriously mot even very loud or piercing and nobody is gonna know

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

penus penus penus posted:

Oh hey I never pay attention to the OP name but I remember you had a lowered bike and have a jeep. Those are quite masculine things, as are guns for that matter. Therefore just shoot the snake. If someone complains or sees you just go "gently caress off". They will pick up on your confidence and leave

Just use like birdshot its seriously mot even very loud or piercing and nobody is gonna know

I sold the bike a while ago because I'm old and it was death incarnate. Maybe for the snake I should probably just throw improvised explosives into the bush until it leaves.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
Pics pls

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
That's a pretty esoteric way of describing how you got a ding dong in your hoo hah.

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Better go fetch its natural predator, the mongoose so you can make them fight for the jasmine bush whilst you record it. Odds are pretty good the hurricane tossed one nearby so start looking.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006
Can't you just poke at it with a broom handle until it slithers away and becomes your neighbor's problem?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Times like this I ask myself "What would Steve Irwin do?"

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

King of Bees posted:

Be stabbed in the heart?

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

King of Bees posted:

A Manta Ray posted:

Well do I have a stinger for you

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe
Just dip your hand in pigs blood and shove it into the bush OP. The snake will latch onto it faster than you can say jiminy, then you can safely dispose of it and get on with your day.

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
Do you have any common gardening implements like a shovel or a mattock? Use them on your HOA and then shoot the snake like god and mother nature intended

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Time to send the youngster into the squirrel blind

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Gerblyn posted:

Just dip your hand in pigs blood and shove it into the bush OP. The snake will latch onto it faster than you can say jiminy, then you can safely dispose of it and get on with your day.

I think this is exactly what Steve Irwin would do, except he'd to time to extol the virtues of the cottonmouth while his hand swelled to football size. "Crikey, what a gorgeous bite she has!"

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

ChrisHansen posted:

Time to send the youngster into the squirrel blind

:agreed:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Here is said jasmine bush and storm debris where the snake went.

I need to clean this and a few more gutters this weekend.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you should get all Gravity's Rainbow and solicit oral sex from the snake, OP

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
:rip: crocodile hunter

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

you should get all Gravity's Rainbow and solicit oral sex from the snake, OP

A screaming comes across my backyard...

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

see if its mouth really is cottony

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
If it gets sunny where you are he's going to be off to find an open patch to catch some rays once it starts to warm up in the morning, rather than hide in the shade.

Wear some gloves and toss a fist full of hamsters in there first, just to be safe.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I don't think that's what Aladdin calls his penis.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

put him in ur boot liketoy story

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I'm gonna put a rope around me like true grit.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

King of Bees posted:

I'm gonna put a rope around me like true grit.

use the snake instead of rope like a visual pun a fun scene for the cops to stumble in on

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Remember that time forums poster King of Bees died from a snakebite?

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Demonachizer posted:

Just putting that there so I look like nostradamus later.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Demonachizer posted:

:eyepop::derp:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I've been bitten by a cottonmouth, I stepped on one as a youngster. Still have a decent sized scar from the tissue damage. Afterwards my grandpa hunted it down and crushed it with a sledgehammer.

That's my advice, except use a shotgun if you have it.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

cottonmouth males are aggressive in the spring, and I've been chased around by one before. I knew the area really well and when I saw the slithering beelining at me I just bolted through the woods. Generally though a snake wants nothing to do with a human.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Rice doesn't grow on bushes, I call bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
seconding the birdshot. worst that happens is you feign ignorance and pay a fee. or if you wanna be a girl about it, pay a pest control service :shrug:

• Locked thread