Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Tom Gorman posted:

I've been bitten by a cottonmouth, I stepped on one as a youngster. Still have a decent sized scar from the tissue damage. Afterwards my grandpa hunted it down and crushed it with a sledgehammer.

That's my advice, except use a shotgun if you have it.

I actually like your grandpa more for using a weird slow tool than a tool that would make more sense

A buddy of mine when we were kids would catch snakes around the neighborhood then blow them up with firecrackers and m80s and poo poo, in hindsight he probably should have been able to identify the species first but back then it felt like he was making the whole neighborhood more safe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They don't like being cornered so the best thing is to make peace with it in a round area.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Enfield posted:

chop it in half with a long sword imo

Then he'll have 2 snakes to worry about !! !

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Decebal posted:

Then he'll have 2 snakes to worry about !! !

yes but only one will havea mouth, which is the poisoness part. the other one will only have a butt hole which is gross but not deadly

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Captain Yossarian posted:

Why you just hit it with a shovel OP? Seems like a good w98 style shovel attack would take care of that gauche bush and also the snake

lol

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I think you should solicit the aid of the cottonmouth's sworn enemy, the alligator, OP. Get a few gators in there and your snake problem will take care of itself.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I'm home now but I think I'm going to take a nap instead of cleaning up yard crap. I didn't sleep well last night.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
wh yare you home at 2 i nthe afternoon are you skipping out of work??

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

King of Bees posted:

I'm home now but I think I'm going to take a nap instead of cleaning up yard crap. I didn't sleep well last night.

That snake is in bed with your wife now chump you got owned

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Nooner posted:

wh yare you home at 2 i nthe afternoon are you skipping out of work??

Hahahahah. I'm GiP! Half day Fridays as long as nothing's going on (there's usually something going on :()

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

cuckonmouth? idk it doesnt really work I guess :sigh:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Fuckin Mondays.

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?

FedEx Mercury posted:

Most cities have laws against discharging a firearm, don't know where you live but that birdshot is probably off the table.

As someone that has broken these laws before, they cant charge you unless they know you did it. Work quickly in the early hours of the morning, put your gun away, and go to bed.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
MFW a gatdang cottonmouth slithers into my jasmine and impedes me from finishing cleaning up after a hurricane:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

goddammit OP get out there and sexually interfere with that snake

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.cabelas.com/product/CCI-Pistol-Shotshell-Ammunition/741172.uts

you can make a snake's head plum disappear

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

goddammit OP get out there and sexually interfere with that snake

Starting cleanup. I'm wearing flip flops which I think is a brilliant idea. Since it shows snake I have no fear. No sign of snake so I think it's working.

Zenos Paradise
Apr 2, 2011

Did somebody say honeypot?
Turn off your monitor, King of Bee

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Pictured: shovel and four prong cultivator, debris, tractor and trailer.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne0TksRJiGM

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
I see a round head shovel in that picture. That round head shovel is loving Hanzo steel, Excalibur on stilts in the reptile kingdom. This disgusting fat slovenly goon managed to kill a rattlesnake drat near as long as him with a round head shovel. You can kill a tiny little cottonmouth with one.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
No sign of snek yet

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Nooner stop being an irritating rear end in a top hat, nobody wants to see that pic in every thread.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

presumably it's some avant garde metaposting thing

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

FedEx Mercury posted:

Nooner stop being an irritating rear end in a top hat, nobody wants to see that pic in every thread.

:sigh:okay:sigh:

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Get a kitchen knife and just dive into the bush screaming and stabbing in every direction.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

King of Bees posted:

Starting cleanup. I'm wearing flip flops which I think is a brilliant idea. Since it shows snake I have no fear. No sign of snake so I think it's working.

Please keep that dog safe!!!!!!!

Bubsy 3-D 2 Deep 4 Me
Sep 24, 2013

Young Orc
Did you try just asking the snake to leave? the snake might just leave if you were polite enough. maybe offer it coffee or something, I dunno.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Please keep that dog safe!!!!!!!

I forgot you're a dog. She was being a sneaky sneak and went outside to grab her tennis ball and photo bomb. I put her back in .

Zero snake sightings so far. But i didn't get balls deep in the jasmine. just cleared it and mowed the front yard. I'll be cleaning gutters and traipsing through the brush tomorrow. We may see some sport!

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

get balls deep in that jasmine. rub your ball sweat all over those bushes.

only do this for your front yard bushes so your hoa neighbors can watch.

Cosmic Charlie
Apr 6, 2009

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue
What you want to do is swing by a pet store and get one of those little mice you'd feed to a pet snake, get your rod and reel and bait it with the mouse. Grab a lawn chair and some beer, set up about 20ft away from your bush and cast that little fucker over there. Should make for a relaxing afternoon at least.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Believe In Yrself Betty posted:

get balls deep in that jasmine. rub your ball sweat all over those bushes.

only do this for your front yard bushes so your hoa neighbors can watch.

Like I don't piss and curse the world off my front porch already!

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
The lord put that snake there to punish you for your homosexual lifestyle OP.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

King of Bees posted:

Say goodbye to your dog.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Welp, here I am in the ER. Just kidding, did the gutters today and no sign of snake. Had a nearby shovel just in case. I've also armed my dog with a shovel, but frankly she needs some practice.

What I'm really hoping is one of the huge barred owls that live around here just ate the snake.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

what kind of jasmine is it

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

King of Bees posted:

Hahahahah. I'm GiP! Half day Fridays as long as nothing's going on (there's usually something going on :()

call in an air strike

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Tuxedo Gin posted:

what kind of jasmine is it

Not sure. It came with the house. It viney and shrubby and makes tiny white flowers that smell good.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

luv 2 date boys posted:

SOMEBODAYS POOOOIIIIIISONED THE WATER HOLE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Wear oven mitts on your hands and just get in there and hog grab it

• Locked thread