Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

Oh God, I'm going to have to vote for one of these people don't I? Probably going to be my usual coinflip between PvdA or GL, though Pirate lady herself isn't bad. Her party is a waste! and a mess! though and we have enough one-issue parties as it is. Also good OP but maybe we need to have Denk in there too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

The Puppet Master posted:

https://twitter.com/geertwilderspvv/status/793137601410633728

hiss...boo...

edit: nice photoshop filters PVV digital intern

edit2: you know, one should never read the comments

Don't hate too much, creating that photoshop probably took more effort than writing his party program.

Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

twoday posted:

Is there a party that wants to give the King more power?

The SGP (Staatkundig Gereformeerde Partij), probably, who are in any case your best bet for a party that wants to turn things back to the 17th century. I was going to check but of course their website is closed on Sundays.

Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

Baloogan posted:

does anyone in europe know statistics and how to manage error in polling ? or is that more a thing that only baseball nerds know?

538 got alot of heat for being so uncertain about the result of the general election here while everyone else was like 99%++ crooked hillary wins

The problem with polling for the Dutch elections is that these days, many people don't make up their minds until the last possible moment, people will vote strategically, there are many more parties to choose from, and some of them are quite close to each other (for instance , the Democratic coalition in the US would in the Netherlands be represented by at least 4 separate parties).

Thus with our last parliamentary elections both the main rightwing party and the main center-left party did much better than expected, since the race ended in a competition about who would become the biggest party (as a rule the biggest party gets the first shot at trying to form a government). And of course that effect is driven by the polls themselves.

Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

Wilders has actually tweeted at some point that he wouldn't cooperate with the VVD as long as they were led by Rutte, while his latest excretion is about how the "Netherlands-hating elite" from Rutte to Asscher to Klaver needs to be "smashed" . He is going to make it impossible for anyone to work with him.

The VVD is in a competition for voters with him, so they are likely not going to cooperate with him either. The more insidious consequence of that is that there will be more xenophobic rhetoric or dogwhistling from the VVD too.

Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

twoday posted:

In other news, 2 days until the election and I still haven't made up my mind. I'm thinking of buying a blank 12 sided die at the games shop and writing in some party names?

Should I vote for DENK? I am intimidated by the might of the Turks, and as a coward, want to appease them

Don't vote for DENK, they intimidate mosques to bully them into issuing voting recommendations, use fake social media accounts for trolling and sock-puppetry, and love to attack the media as political tactic (if you want to vote for anyone with a migrant background, there's some perfectly decent choices available, such as Khadija Arib (PvdA), Sadet Karabulut (SP) or my probable choice, Nevin Özutok (GL). )

Pluskut Tukker has issued a correction as of 12:39 on Mar 13, 2017

Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

twoday posted:

And vote for a chick

Trying to get us all to vote for Attje Kuiken, number 6 on the Labour Party list?

Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

AlexanderCA posted:

Enschede student sailing association bar exit poll:
D66: 9
GL: 5
VVD: 2
PvdD: 1
Ondernemerspartij: 1
Not eligible to vote: 1
Won't say: 1

What academic bubble?

Lol at the guy (I assume it's a guy) voting for Hero Brinkman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

The Brown Menace posted:

So wilders ate poo poo huh? Thought he'd pick up some support over the turkey fight

Hope DENK ate poo poo as well

Nope, DENK picked up three seats and the barely-veiled fascist Baudet of the FvD picked up two as it looks like.

• Locked thread