Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Well, you did murder a guy after deciding that you needed the medicine more than his ailing son did. That's kind of the breaking point where a lot of people (who aren't Roman) will stop and ask themselves why they're still getting out of bed and facing this godless Earth.

Except that as the man in the linked interview said, when things get dark and desperate people do whatever they need and if they got depressed that would be fine but deciding to walk away or kill themselves is stupid. Especially as it isn't one person it happens to anyone who has any shred of morals when at this point they should be putting survival before feelings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye
I have this game and have only played it a little bit, I'm going to try to go some more now that I've seen this. Thanks for showing it off.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I've heard a lot about this game, but this is the first time seeing it in action. Looking forward to seeing how it develops.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Night 3

You all notice the guy hanging out the window above Marko?

I went back to the cottage because I needed Wood and Materials badly. It won't be enough to do what I want to do (veggie garden), but it should allow me to make Cigs and probably rain catchment system for water.

There is still so much stuff here. I gotta go back yet again to get the more expensive stuff in this screenshot.

Day 4

Now I just have to pray that Franco the trader shows up with a boatload of wood since the herb garden takes 30 wood, and the upgrade to veggie garden takes about that much again.

Well, someone showed up but it isn't Franco.

Free stuff? Hell yeah. Let me find someone expendable...

Bruno, go with the stranger! Note that his player card is gone so I can't do anything until he gets back. If he gets back...

Alright gently caress it. Water catchment system time.

Also we are out of Cigs and Roman is slightly annoyed by this. He makes 8 which should last two days.

Nowhere new to explore, but there are so many options already. The problem is that most of them require tools that I don't have yet, so I'm better off just sticking to easy places. The school for instance says "lots of medicine" and "some food" but it's not available until I have some saws. I could go trade at the garage, but the things I need are easily found elsewhere. The Gas Station will require a saw I think to get the good stuff so it doesn't make sense to go anywhere else to start.

My reasoning for this is that once we go to a place and disturb it then the amount of resources begin declining somewhat. Once we get a radio and can listen to the news we'll see that there are times when people scavenge harder and anything we've already screwed with will start randomly disappearing.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Oct 31, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Night 4

There is so much stuff at the Shelled Cottage. I'll have to come back yet again. Maybe twice more... Plus the Abandonded Cottage has roughly the same amount left.

God damnit Roman! You had a knife and everything. I expect better from you!

They stole 3 food, 2 cigs, and 1 water. Bruno came back from stealing from the aid container and brought more than that so it's a net gain regardless.

From now on it'll be 2 on guard duty, but I've got to work on reinforcing the windows which costs a lot of wood. Wood is the choke point right now.

These rats are delicious!

Fantastic timing, Franco!

One bottle of pills for all that. Plus the bottle of pure alcohol bottom right by the word "Deal" means we get to make more bandages.

So we make more bandages, then immediately trade them away for basically everything he has that is useful. I pass up 6 food or so that he has and get the materials basically.

We're one step closer to being 100% self sufficient food-wise. I mean, we've got 9 raw meat, we're almost already there.

In order to make veggies we need a grow light. That'll take some doing since we need to upgrade the workshop to the advanced version in order to make it. Priorities will be safety though, so reinforcing the windows and door come first.

On the left Bruno makes cigarettes. Middle we have Roman planting some herbs which will be used for medicine, bandages, and cigarettes. Top right is the rain catch system ticking down.

We need a second rain catch system due to our lack of water. Plus a second trap soon. By day 10 I hope to have both plus the veggie garden. It's ambitious, but all it will take is some luck with scavenging and then trading it all away.

Katia builds and begins listening to the radio.

On the left is what the 3 channels tell us. New stuff is bold and older stuff goes to the bottom eventually.

Two on guard, Marko is going to head to the block of flats to see what he can get without any saws.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 31, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Alright, which way do you guys want the images? Two posts in a row, one each way. The issue with the second way is that you can't expand it fully to view the detail. The issue with the first way is you have to click each drat image to view the detail.

First using [timg] and second using the trick from Really Pants. Thanks for that, I didn't know that existed.

Edit: Both ways look the exact same on the AwfulApp on my phone, so it's only computer browsers that will notice.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Oct 31, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Night 5

I went to the Ruined Block of Flats. See that medicine cabinet on the second floor by the hand? That looks valuable.

There's a lot of stuff there, including that glowing baby stroller.

Thats just depressing.

Grated. And right now I am regretting the fact I built the herb garden instead of upgrading my Metal Workshop. I can't make saws. poo poo.

Another grate. I need two saws, there's bound to be something good in there.

Not a bad haul anyway.

Nothing happened to the house at night. Luckily...

I don't have anywhere near the materials to do this so I can make saws.

Katia tells us more of her story.

And then I make her board up some windows. And then she boards up a second set of windows to provide even more security.

Bruno throws up a second rain catchment system.

God damnit, Bruno. This is not the time to play in the treehouse.

Night 6 is a run through the same old place to finish taking what I can.

I hope Roman shanked a bitch.

Bruno sets filters in the rainwater, then he has to wait 4hrs for them to finish before he can load two more filters in place. In one day we can get 16 water from these things, but it's very necessary that we do it ASAP in the morning.

To cut down on water I want to upgrade the stove, but god drat it's expensive. Why is everything so expensive?

Bottom center the herbs are done, Katie moves to collect them.

Then she makes cigs from them. As night falls she prepares herself to go trading. We need saw blades, it's worth her going to trade for some.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Oct 31, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Night 7

Katia heads to the Garage for trading. He's always got tools to trade and since I need tools... well, that's a no brainer.

:(

Meds? Well let me just check my backpack...

Yep, I've got all sorts of meds. Here you go! Katia trades Bandages, herbal meds, and a bottle of real pills for a bunch of useful stuff. Plus some food...

And then he turns and walks away. See the dark door right in front of Katia? It's a closet, they are the instakill points. Get a guy like Marko with a knife or hatchet, or Roman with bare hands and stand in there without being seen.

When the guy comes back, you can one-hit kill anyone. It makes some noise, but if you just hide back in there sometimes enemies will wander by and you can instakill the 2nd person too.

But that's not for today, plus this guy is not an enemy.

Day 8

Katia feels "Content" while Roman tells me about his hosed up life.

God damnit. I wasn't expecting Franco for another day or so. I make some more bandages with the alcohol purchased at the Garage and trade them away.

Two traps. Two water catchment systems. Plenty of food... Things are going pretty well.

Night 8

Marko grabs two saw blades and heads to the Ruined Block of Flats to get into that medicine cabinet.

Not a bad haul. It is more than I spent for the saw blades, plus there is a bunch more that needs to be grabbed too.

Day 9

Roman makes fertilizer.

And uses it to make herbs which are used for bandages, herbal meds, and poor quality cigs.

I did not expect this at all.

There are some really good people in this world still.

What makes me mad is that I just barely finished making food with Bruno. If I had these 5 veggies I could have made 12 units of food instead of the 4 that I did. What a waste of cooking resources. I know better than that too, I shouldn't have started cooking till noon which is my usual cook time.

Stop playing around, Bruno! :argh:

We are doing well. There are plenty of resources at the three places we've visted to keep us in business for a while. There are 30 or 40 sugars out there, so I can make 10 moonshines with them. The choke point is still materials and wood. Without those I can't build a still, upgrade my stove, upgrade my metal shop, or finish reinforcing the door.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 31, 2016

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I think I'm screwed in my current game. The really cold winter has hit and I didn't prepare for it well -- 2 heaters going isn't raising the temp much, I'm running out of fuel, and the buildings I've visited are running low on things.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

jerman999 posted:

I think I'm screwed in my current game. The really cold winter has hit and I didn't prepare for it well -- 2 heaters going isn't raising the temp much, I'm running out of fuel, and the buildings I've visited are running low on things.

Got a hatchet? Take that to apartment buildings or the school or whatever. Chop up everything and bring home stacks of 4x firewood. It beats carrying logs back and forth at 2x and then making them into firewood. Double the production.

3 wood in each heater should be more than enough. I usually use one heater with 6 wood in it, usually it's upgraded though.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
So I just had an amazing night scavenging and then a great day with Franco trading.

And I realized at the end of the day that irfanview wasn't running anymore. :negative:

I lost a day and night of screenshots.

Basically: I went to the looted gas station and took everything that wasn't bolted down. I found a note some woman had left her husband about jewelry behind some books, so I snagged 4 jewels in addition to 4 herbal meds, some moonshine, and some other expensive stuff.

I've got to go back tonight for all the other stuff in the mid-tier expense.

So I got home, no raid or anything, and Franco showed up. I upgraded the stove with the wood I bought from him, bought everything I need to make bandages, created the bandages, then sold them back to him for double what I paid for it.

With the upgraded stove I made 16, yes 16, nutritious meals. :aaa:

If I ration it I will not have any bad hunger effects for 10 days with all 4 people. Saying "I'm hungry" doesn't count as an effect because it doesn't do anything bad to the character.

So I made a bunch more cigs, bought everything from Franco that I could and made a distillery. Bruno had plenty of water and sugar, so he made 3 more bottles of Moonshine. Those will be good to trade.

Now at night almost every single place has opened up for me to visit. Too bad I'm just going back to the Looted Gas Station for tonight.

Sorry about missing an entire day, but at least it wasn't a day full of murder and mayhem.

The Looted Gas Station just requires one saw blade and the crowbar to loot.

This is what ticks me off about the game. I can't replay the day. I may start copying off my daily saves or something so I don't screw this up again.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 31, 2016

Kangra
May 7, 2012

There really are just a bunch of minor annoyances that keep this from being a really good game, and honestly, the lack of proper saves is one (because you can lose a full day due to a crash, even if it is rare).

As someone who reads this on a computer, I think you have to go with the bigger images. I can follow the reduced ones, but only because I'm already familiar with what the things are.

It seems to me that tools are readily available for purchase, as opposed to the other items that can be produced but rarely found for sale. That workbench ends up being one of the last things to make.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Is that any better for images? Refresh the page please! I went with the bigger images because the small ones are too small to read. If you have a 14" monitor it might be bad, but a 19 widescreen should be fine.

And yeah, the no save thing sucks for the LP, but it's kind of it's own genre now. Out There is another fantastic game with the no-save feature. That one is far less forgiving than this.

Edited the entire thread to be larger images rather than [timg] clickable images.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Oct 31, 2016

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah the bigger images definitely work better for me.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Images are working fine.

Also can you only chop things into firewood, or can you get regular wood that way too?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Both. A dresser might give you 6 firewood and 4 lumber.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
Are you going to show off the Well Fed condition? You seem to be doing pretty well so far. Even if winter hits, you should be in good shape.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

An ominous little detail about the trading is that to Franko, medicine and banadages are more valuable than gold.

Huh, if they figure out the details to that extent is there a (possibly currently a spoiler) reason traders can visit your shelter during the day? How come they don't get shot by the snipers and all.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Soiled Meat

Rawkking posted:

Huh, if they figure out the details to that extent is there a (possibly currently a spoiler) reason traders can visit your shelter during the day? How come they don't get shot by the snipers and all.

He's getting shot at. He complains about it incessantly during incidental dialog while Katia is running from the treehouse.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Montegoraon posted:

Are you going to show off the Well Fed condition? You seem to be doing pretty well so far. Even if winter hits, you should be in good shape.

Well fed doesnt do much, right? Content (sometimes), and dont need to eat for 3 days?

I will likely show it off, but it will be a winter thing probably.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Night 10

Back to the looted gas station. I notice that the body of the dead guy upstairs is missing.

This guy is having a smoke next to a fresh grave. I can outrun him, so I step out in sight.

Well that's respectable.

There is still a lot of stuff in this place.

Bruno goes to grab the moonshine that he made yesterday.

Grrr... I need another sawblade. There aren't many places where one sawblade is used. They always come in pairs, so I want two!

The radio is relatively useless until some big events happen.

Bruno, for the last time: Stop messing around in the treehouse. I've checked, I can't put a bed out there for him or anything. Marko takes a rest in our new armchair next to our brand new stove. It's not cold yet, but it might get there soon.

I send Katia to the military outpost with some cigs and the three bottles of moonshine Bruno made.

That's a watchtower. It's possible to murder everyone here, but it's just not worth it. They are better to trade with in my opinon.

Soldiers need booze and cigs. This is a universal thing I believe.

So those smokes and 3 bottles of moonshine cost me: 5 tobacco, 5 materials, 9 sugar, 3 firewood, and 1 water (because I got 8 in return).

In return I'll be able to take every bit of materials and wood that Franco has, plus a couple tobacco/sugar if he has them. Maybe 25 materials and 15 wood anyway. That's well worth the trade. Plus you notice I snagged a pistol. That will help us defend the house at night.

Alright, Marko isn't feeling good. We're going to need to let him rest overnight, so he can't scavenge today.

We don't really do anything at home because we don't have any materials. Marko takes some herbal meds and goes to sleep.

Tonight is Romans time to shine. If there is one thing Roman hates it's bandits. A few more things Roman hates are pimps, slavery, kidnappers, and sex slaves.. Any guesses on what the Brothel guys are?

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Nov 1, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Night 12

You know what, Roman? I don't believe you.

Whats this trash here?

Huh. Looks like discards from people being abducted.

Looking through the keyhole below Roman showed a man standing there. He's a trader and will trade with you no matter what happens behind him.

Do you see the two red circles, one to the right of Roman and one on the floor below it? Those are "something is here" sounds. They are footsteps for people and rats in abandoned buildings.

Roman climbs to the third floor and a satisfied customer leaves via the front door.

The easiest way to do this is to just make noise above this guy. Run back and forth, then hide in the closet. The guy will go around and then across the roof to jump down the hole in order to inspect the noise.

Wait till he stops moving, then shank him.

Go downstairs and hide until the next guy wakes up.

He goes over to the wall and has a smoke. Go around and don't make any noise.

:ese:

Right here I gently caress up. Just go down the stairs immediately and hide in the closet. Don't take screenshots or bother checking to verify you got some good screenshots...

If I had been in the hiding spot I could have backstabbed this guy too. Instead I get to the closet as he opens the door. With no choice left I start stabbing.

I manage to kill him with my knife before he manages to shoot his gun. That would have brought the other guys running which would have been bad.

The trapped girls downstairs think they are saved. However: It's 4am, and I need to get home.

I snag a couple more guns and body armor, then go. I still have one guy left to kill, so I'll be back tomorrow night.

Nothing to say about this, Bruno? Go play in the treehouse, dumbass.

I luck out and Franco shows up with loads of stuff.

Thanks, Franco!

We build a couple Saw Blades and Roman rests up for tonight. Time to finish the thugs off once and for all. And then I'll spend the next 3 days looting the place. It has a metric shitton of stuff; valuables, food, medicine, weapons... It's a goldmine.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Nov 1, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Night 13

Roman brought one saw to cut the grate outside of the building. Nothing good to loot there.

I searched the entire drat building. I have never seen this guy just hanging out outside in the rain. He was way over to the right by the exit, and then walked to the door and stood there.

He gets murdered regardless. I can't leave any of them alive if I want to rescue the girls.

Last up is the trader. He's facing the front door so what do we do?

Walk up behind him and stab him. Roman really gets into it too, his arm comes up and down like 4 or 5 times each kill.

The cabinet right next to the trader has all his goods. This will take 3 or 4 scavenges from Marko I think.

The poor girls are just sitting there hugging their knees.

One lockpicking later and Roman is a hero.

I don't think I mentioned it last time, but Marko sleeping in a bed with the Herbal Meds was enough to fix his slight sickness.

People have things to say about Romans heroic actions. Roman heads to bed after a well deserved meal and smoke.

Someone is at the door.

Marko tells them to hang on. Roman will be awake in like 3 hours and he'll go help them. I need Marko for scavenging tonight.

Good luck, Roman!

Katia and Marko are content. Bruno is an rear end in a top hat. Bruno has been eating the veggies that these nice people gave us yet still doesn't think we should help them. Veggies for a night of building is a fair trade and one I'd make over and over again.

Marko eats and sleeps and is ready to scavenge the entire Brothel for the next three or four nights.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 1, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Night 14

There is so much to loot. Sooooo much. And not much in the way of materials/lumber, so like 90% is worth taking.

Gotta hop down here because the door is boarded up from the inside. Knock down the boards, keep on looting.

This means raids will happen every single night and they will be hard to defend. Two on guard from now on.

We chased them off. Marko brought home a ton of useful stuff, and Roman was rewarded with a bottle of alcohol which we can make into bandages, pills, or trade straight up.

Even the radio tells us to lock our doors. We don't have a reinforced front door yet since we don't have any materials to upgrade the workshop. The reinforced door will mean we basically can't get hurt even with one guard.

Look how rich we are. We don't need to scavenge anywhere else for a long time.

We rest up all 4 characters by rotating beds and will send Marko out for another scavenge of the Brothel tonight.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013

Spermy Smurf posted:

Well fed doesnt do much, right? Content (sometimes), and dont need to eat for 3 days?

I will likely show it off, but it will be a winter thing probably.

Well, if you keep everyone well fed consistently they'll stay content. It's helpful because you won't have to worry about their morale worsening if you don't feed their addictions, which simplifies things. Drinking coffee consumes precious water, after all.

I wouldn't sell med ingredients, though. Bruno is fantastic for turning them into medications, once you get the improved herbal workshop. Sure, it's expensive as hell, but it can pay itself back easily over the course of a long game, never mind the benefits of having as much medication as you could ever need.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Night 15

Have I mentioned that there is still a boatload of stuff at the Brothel?

I'm going to need to create my own ammo if these bastards keep up the "spray and pray" defense.

:siren: We are on day 17, I scavenged again and didn't bother to take any screenshots since it was the exact same thing.:siren:

Katia talks about her life and Marko repairs a guitar. It'll help bolster spirits, but since none of these characters are any good with a guitar it might be a waste of resources.

Bruno makes some bandages for trade.

And like clockwork Franco shows up.

We buy basically everything he has with 9 moonshine and then build the improved workshop.

A mixer will allow us to upgrade the herbal workshop. Ammo and cheap meds are great from this thing. The meds will be traded away, while the ammo will be used for defense.

I made a thermometer so that we can upgrade the heater when winter hits. The radio is saying it'll be nice for a while though, so I hope I have 5 days or so.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Night 17

Lets go check out Sniper Junction. It's always a treat since I play with the sound muted...

I'll take that advice!

Okay, ready... wait for the bullet to hit the wall next to me... and RUN RUN RUN to cover.

You have about six seconds between shots or so. There is always a puff of dirt, or a flash of sparks when the sniper shoots next to you. Then you can run from cover to cover.

Absolutely, sir. I'll go unblock the basement for you. Ready... wait for it... wait for it... GO GO GO GO

OH gently caress I'VE BEEN SHOT! And because of that I didn't take screenshots for like 30 seconds. It's a sprint from this cover to the building where you just bust in the door at full speed because otherwise you're getting shot while you open it carefully.

There is nothing blocking the basement, so you run down and into the sewers where you unblock this door.

He is in pain and walks very slowly. Very slowly.

I hope the kid is OK.

Marko takes 4 jewels from under the bed as instructed. I don't believe there is an emotional bonus if you don't take them all. They just disappear next time you show up.

Marko cuts a grate and loots a fridge and medicine cabinet. There is another grated door, plus a bunch more loot. However now that Marko has been shot he needs to stay home tonight. Grrr.

Was it worth getting shot? Probably. Poor little sick baby :(

Roman has had a rough time of it before he met this group.

The neighbors show up.

With booze!

Now I just hope Franco shows up with loads of materials so I can upgrade the herbal workshop. Lastly I'll be upgrading the vegetable garden.

The radio is still useless.

Make some cigs, reset the rat traps, make some meals, make some filters, filter some rain water... It's the same poo poo every single day.

Now we're going to have to send Katia back to Sniper Junction to get the rest of the good stuff.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 1, 2016

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013

Spermy Smurf posted:

Katia talks about her life and Marko repairs a guitar. It'll help bolster spirits, but since none of these characters are any good with a guitar it might be a waste of resources.

Roman plays the guitar.

And the radio isn't totally useless at times like these. You can use it to change the BGM to some soothing classical music.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Montegoraon posted:

Roman plays the guitar.

The murdering robot plays guitar? I had no idea. I'll sit his rear end in that chair for 8 or 9 hours a day now.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Night 18

Katia scavenges the building.

There are so many resources left, but when I get here I realize I should be grabbing things like electrical components instead of wood and materials.

I have way too many guns, but they sell for more than anything else I could grab.

Oh, this is the doorway. You run across the open ground full speed and crash through it. The statue and entrance to sewers is just to the right of this image.

Clearly the violence hasn't stopped completely...

The radio tells me it'll stop soon. Read the bold ones on the left side.

Now we did fuckall inside the house since we don't have any resources and Franco didn't show up.

Marko is completely healed, so he's going to grab a shitload of resources now.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Night 19

Back at the Abandoned Cottage Marko loots everything else. I remembered some sugar there, so that was a priority as well.

No more raids which is nice. They'll be small raids so I can get by with 1 guy on guard duty now.

Marko relives his past.

Bingo, just enough resources to make this.

Bruno fires up 5 more moonshine while he waits for the Herbal Workshop to be upgraded.

And then Bruno begins making 8 more meds. The 2nd most expensive item in the game and we'll be sitting here with fourteen of them by day 20. Insane.

We have a lot of resources. I need some electrical components, but other than that I actually have a surplus of everything.

Radio warns of cool days ahead. I have plenty of firewood so I'm good there.

Those of you who have played before will probably notice that I have an absurd amount of items/resources.

Sadly I don't think I'll be able to upgrade my metal bench for a while, so I don't have any way to make ammunition. I'll have to buy that.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
What all is there left for you to build?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Metal shop upgrade, alcohol distillery, a few other odds and ends.

I have another 30 days of this, plus a harsh winter hitting anytime.

How do you guys feel about kidnapping?

Roman is against it.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Dang, it seems like you're really making out well here. Might run short of bullets to defend your stash with soon.

Kinfolk910
Nov 5, 2010
Honestly no. In this game still no. If you are as well off as you say you are you don't need to. Things will have to be MUCH much worse before we can consider that action.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Nowadays the people trying to "raid" us are a bunch of poor fucks in their own half-destroyed hovel, sending out their own Marko every night to try and gather up enough food to survive another day only to be met by an axe-wielding maniac and a hail of bullets.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Kinfolk910 posted:

Honestly no. In this game still no. If you are as well off as you say you are you don't need to. Things will have to be MUCH much worse before we can consider that action.

What action?

Saving the guy from the kidnappers at the hotel?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Night 20

Thugs and screams. The city doesn't deserve this. We should not live in fear. The city needs a hero. A hero named Roman.

The building is huge. You start way on the left and can sprint midway up top on the right. Don't worry about noise until you get close. The game forces you to go way up top and then to the right, so you can't get lost.

I missed a screenshot somehow. Roman stumbles upon a pile of corpses.

quote:

These bodies... they are horribly mangled. These wounds were inflicted with extreme cruelty... Whoever did this must have been a deranged pyscopath...

Right about now Roman decides that he's going to make these fuckers squeal like a pig.

Looks like they have another victim.

Roman has heard enough.

The hostage in the room screams "please no" because he hears a scuffle outside. For all he knows he's about to get his eyes gouged out.

Roman runs loudly and someone comes to investigate.

He also ends up stabbed.

Another person is below, so Roman runs around a bit to get his attention as well.

Roman steps out from hiding and smiles.

The guy starts running. I always love a good chase, it's good for the lungs.

Roman corners him and he begs for mercy. Do you think they gave mercy to the pile of disfigured corpses?

Roman shows none.

Roman attracts the last thug and again steps out. A good old fashioned knife fight would go good right now.

Instead the thug turns tail and runs.

Bullets are for the weak. A nice dagger is much more personal.

I've got to let the hostage out tonight, and it's already too late. I should have insta-killed the last two because now I'm out of time. Ah well, they deserved to know who was killing them.

Run away, hostage. Tell your friends of Hero Roman.

No reason to run, to the exit... Roman loots one more body and the clock strikes 5am. Roman will have to get home on his own now.

No Roman at home yet.

And then Roman shows up at 8am. He says he's uninjured, but he's dragging his back leg. I guess the knife fights were a bad idea.

Ah well, we're swimming in bandages so Roman will be fine by tomorrow.

Yes Bruno we know. No girls allowed. Katia doesn't find it funny though.

Make filters. Make water. Make smokes. Take rat meat. Reset trap. Same old poo poo. I also put a log on the fire since it was 52. Didn't want Roman to catch a chill.

Lets go loot the rest of this place, Marko.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Nov 2, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Night 21

This part is bugged. Stealing from thugs does not lower morale, but in the hotel it does for some reason. It's only the hotel as far as I can tell.

If I had characters who were mopey I wouldn't do it, but if anyone complains I can double-feed them and give them some alcohol since I have plenty of resources.

Lets go Marko.

Got the screenshot this time.

I guess the hostage didn't get out of here in time last night since Roman was so late unlocking the door for him. Well, he gets free now.

See? It says Private Property even though there is no one in the building.

There's a lot of stuff here. Marko will be back here twice more at least...

Just so much stuff.

Couldn't get the rubble pile dug out tonight, so Marko will check it out tomorrow.

Day 22 dawns.

People feel that Marko was justified, but still feel bad for 'the people' that he stole from.

Uh-oh. Militia. What do they want?

Our neighbors? The father and son who gave us 5 veggies and 2 alcohol so far? Nope, I don't know anything sir.

Yes I am sure; get hosed sir.

And this counteracted any negative morale hit from stealing from dead thugs.

Anyway, here's Wonderwall.

And once more into the Hotel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Bumping so I get to a new page. Too many images on this page already.

• Locked thread