Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Titanfall 2 kicks a lot of rear end and I wanted to make a thread for it. I also started an imp zone network people can use if they want to easily set up/find games. It's just called "Imp Zone" and it should show up if you search for that. I made the happy hour 11PM EST but that can change in the future if need be (it can only be reset once per day though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Here's some reference material for you all.

https://www.dewanddoritos.com/how-it-works/

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the campaign is some loving win. gonna pop on the multi now for a few games.

yo set the group to public it's acting weird and constantly asking me to resend the request memembership thing

frank.club fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Oct 29, 2016

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Alright, pimps -- lets "dew" this #doublexp

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm from hell

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah it doesn't seem to let me join the Imp Zone network

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I'm black hole

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm probably gonna buy this on Sunday when the Target B2G1 starts

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm the complete box set of that one anime with the crazy pigtail girl all those amvs made fun of.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Checked the rap sheet and holy cow.... this guys not kidding

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sorry I didn't realize I set it to private. I will fix it when I'm home

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
I got this. It owns as hell

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

it's alright

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If someone is rodeod to your Titan you can hit up on the d pad to prematurely self destruct and it launches both of you 300 ft straight up and you're close enough to melee him and it's one of the most badass things you can do in a multiplayer game

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

If someone is rodeod to your Titan you can hit up on the d pad to prematurely self destruct and it launches both of you 300 ft straight up and you're close enough to melee him and it's one of the most badass things you can do in a multiplayer game

Holy poo poo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

lol jesus.... i already thought it was really badass when someone ejects from an exploding mech at a distance and you try to snipe them midair through a huge cloud of smoke but that's a lot better. i wish more games would do like cod killcam and start ripping off overwatch's play of the game highlights

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

I'm probably gonna buy this on Sunday when the Target B2G1 starts

Same here homie

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

IZ is public now and I'm back online for the evening

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The coliseum mode is 1v1 with boosted health in a flat circle, rocket launchers only best of 5. It's kinda cool but idk why it needs its own currency.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXGXZKiYHBs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GGs all. We were crushing rear end, I don't think we lost a single match.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

it was fully sick

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

holy gently caress

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Everybody wiling out as Ronin and taking the enemy Titan to the smackdown hotel at the corner of Shut Your Mouth Ave and Know Your Role Boulevard gets me every time

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ronin is so win lmao, everyone vying to get the special assaassination kill is awesome

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

goferchan posted:

Alright, pimps -- lets "dew" this #doublexp

black hole.... nice...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Wow, this game does the whole 'time travel-based shooter' thing a lot better than Quantum Break did

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

lol yeah that was disgusting. this is really fun with a full team

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

drat! he aint gonna be in titanfall 3 lol

Sir John Feelgood fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 29, 2016

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Something a bit cool in the campaign is that because the AI works on knowledge of sight lines instead of just instantly knowing where you are all the time: even on master you are better served wall running and jumping all over the place to get behind enemies instead of just hugging a piece of cover and picking people off 1 by 1.

It also makes the boss fights super tense because I think it gives them more health and you less, so you need better dodging and execution. I'm really not looking forward to one of the later ones.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

Something a bit cool in the campaign is that because the AI works on knowledge of sight lines instead of just instantly knowing where you are all the time: even on master you are better served wall running and jumping all over the place to get behind enemies instead of just hugging a piece of cover and picking people off 1 by 1.

It also makes the boss fights super tense because I think it gives them more health and you less, so you need better dodging and execution. I'm really not looking forward to one of the later ones.

The ronin boss fight was on hard but I haven't tried master yet

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

The ronin boss fight was on hard but I haven't tried master yet

Hard is pretty well balanced and gives you way more leeway than master while still having difficult encounters and bosses. I don't think Master actually changes much over it except giving you less health so you have to execute better, it doesn't make the AI much more accurate and you can still dodge fire while sliding and jumping right at people, so it avoids the crawlathon thing that top level cod campaigns had.

Normal I think actually shuts off the AI a lot of the time though, they'll just stand and not shoot for big stretches, please don't play normal.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 29, 2016

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wasn't expecting the insanely badass thing the campaign throws at you after the ronin fight. the attention to detail is insane like if you kill a guy in the past his rotted corpse falls where you shot him in the present

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lol at the part where you take the arc tool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i forgot to save a clip but I had a awesome kill today where I was wall running and stuck some dude on other side of the map with the explosive shuriken.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lol at the part where you take the arc tool

:(

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

My favorite thing in multi so far is watching enemy pilots jump right at you as scorch, so you just stick your hand out and they fly into the fire shield.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's good as is blocking a billion bullets with Ronin's sword even though its doesn't really do much

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I can't wait to get this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just found out respawn is making Star Wars games for the foreseeable future, like criterion. I loving hate EA and Disney

• Locked thread