Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I figured it'd be good for a quick GBS hangover prevention thread.

But since everybody over the age of 12 is aware of the "drink gatorade before bed" "trick" lets talk more prevention methods, particularly pre-drinking, which are less widespread. And no this doesn't include eat food while drinking.

My golden tip is this. You know those van holtens pickles you see in random rear end gas stations? Eat one. Drink all the juice. You can do it right now. Its not going to kill you, you baby. The difference this makes later on is substantial.

And while this is probably too late for a lot of you, amazon yourself some Dihydromyricetin. Its an actually effective, actually researched and proven, actual (actual) real hangover prevention pill. Not only that, it reduces hangovers greatly as a side effect of protecting your liver from alcohol related damages. So not only does it make you feel better, it is actually beneficial for your health (enabling you to damage your pyschological health far more consistently)

what you guys got

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I have a sun spider, does that count?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
A 100% effective way of preventing hangovers is to smoke weed instead

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Don't forgot to wipe too

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Drink lots of water :shrug: pretty basic and well known but works well enough

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Wipe front to back and sit when you pee.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
I drank like 325ml of Bourbon last night and am on beer #8 tonight. Gonna get nice and trashed tonight, and sleep all day tomorrow. Briefly punctuated by the odd hit or two here and there when I wake up in a semi-fugue state. The only true hangover cure is to stop being a bitch

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Zorodius posted:

Yeah but weed hangovers are cumulative and they make weed less effective over time I would know I've been smoking weed every day for 10 years to cure the weed hangover and I've got an immunity to smoking weed now.

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006
if you need to sober up real quick keep a few of those desiccant packets in your glove box and down them before the cops get to your window.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Grandma Panic! posted:

if you need to sober up real quick keep a few of those desiccant packets in your glove box and down them before the cops get to your window.

im the guy whose family mortgages the house trying to get information about his death in custody in jail and gets a one page letterhead sheet confirming he was arrested for suspicion of drunk driving and that he died while in police custody and 0 other facts

dookifex_maximus fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 30, 2016

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Say Cucky pizzone every time you take a beer

naem
May 29, 2011

What's going on tonight to make people drink

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
honestly not reading the op probably makes u feel better

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

naem posted:

i just start drinking every time it gets dark out

sometimes when its raining i get all confused and start chugging everclear

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Zorodius posted:

weed is also a good hangover cure

also when you smoke weed when you're real drunk and have the spins smoking a weed can help stabilize things

hail weed

Hail Satan

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

naem posted:

omg halloween weekend jeeeeeeeeeeesus

TED BUNNDY
May 30, 2009

SO HUNGRY
Pork Pro

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

The only true hangover cure is to stop being a bitch

truth.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

I drank like 325ml of Bourbon last night and am on beer #8 tonight. Gonna get nice and trashed tonight, and sleep all day tomorrow. Briefly punctuated by the odd hit or two here and there when I wake up in a semi-fugue state. The only true hangover cure is to stop being a bitch

Wow.
yes lets get condescending when slightly more than a six pack gets you so trashed you need to sleep all of the next day and smoke weed wyenever the cruel master consciiusness finds you. Truly everyone else is a bitch but you!

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
I remember when I got so trashed I necro'd a lovely thread just to lay a SIC BURN on some dude.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

Wow.
yes lets get condescending when slightly more than a six pack gets you so trashed you need to sleep all of the next day and smoke weed wyenever the cruel master consciiusness finds you. Truly everyone else is a bitch but you!

breaking into the thread morgue, hitting this thread with the electropaddles, dragging this thread back to your goon lair to await a full moon with thunderstorm so you can let lightning hit this thread to bring it back to life

all that effort for this lame loving burn

are you proud of yourself

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

hth posted:

breaking into the thread morgue, hitting this thread with the electropaddles, dragging this thread back to your goon lair to await a full moon with thunderstorm so you can let lightning hit this thread to bring it back to life

all that effort for this lame loving burn

are you proud of yourself

I cant be the only one who accidentally clicks on whatever button shows only threads with a certsin tag, then fails to notice one is referring to the halloween holiday and not the thanksgiving holiday.

Doesnt change the fact that this guys a hypocritical condescening hitch

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

What should I drink tonight OP

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

I did not expect to see this level of ownage this morning. This is why they pay Drunk Nerds the big bucks.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Dude I am fuckin appalled at your behavior drunk nerds let dead dogs lie you insufferable punk. There needs to be a statute of limitations for dank burns like that. Let the guy live in peace for fucks sake man.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I drink a lot of water so i don't usually get headaches but my legs are always sore

I've been hungover since about Saturday and my legs are sore as heck

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

let's all just calm down and have a nice suckle of my testicos

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

let's all just calm down and have a nice suckle of my testicos

Dude, you can suck your own dick?

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Sjs00 posted:

Dude, you can suck your own dick?

not without help

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Just drink and get a hangover and deal with it like a man

Jefferson
Oct 28, 2010
the best way to prevent a hangover is to never stop drinking

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Drunk Nerds posted:

Wow.

Why did that post make you so mad that you had to come back and reply to it a whole month later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Man I drink the pickle juice anyway, I don't need some nerd to tell me to do it

• Locked thread