Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Doesn't his open cities mod gently caress up a ton of quests because he just copy + pasted the city interiors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Ruflux posted:

I believe Valve's commented on the paid mods fiasco a little since then and it doesn't really seem like they learned anything from it.

At least the community response was so severe that they're probably not going to try that poo poo again. Maybe. gently caress, with the way Valve's going I wouldn't even be surprised if they did it anyway.

I was surprised that it didn't return for FO4

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

The Cheshire Cat posted:

This is Skyrim's one major flaw.

That sounds like a joke but seriously Skyrim with Dragon's Dogma's combat would be the best RPG ever made.

That would just be Dragon's Dogman with a bunch of bugs though

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Oh wow, that's actually kinda neat

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Remember that super serious combat AI enhancement mod that just increased the aggro range on enemies? And how the mod author claimed they had some sort of Skyrim AI simulator that he used to make the mod?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Shoehead posted:

To get even further down that rabbit hole I think it was only males who couldn't be Bi, for reasons?? Oh and also women were never EVER straight

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/11/02/rimworld-code-analysis/

quote:

There are no straight women in RimWorld, as in, there are no women only attracted to men. Instead, every single non-gay woman in the game has some chance of being attracted to another woman. As for the men, it works a little differently.

quote:

Notice that there’s only two possible orientations for men, gay or straight. In RimWorld, there are no bisexual men, only gay or straight men; there are no straight women, only gay or bisexual women.

quote:

In summary:

Men are about eight times as likely as women to try and start a romance.
Pawns with disabilities will always be found less attractive.
Beautiful pawns are always considered vastly more attractive; ugly pawns, vastly less. Physical beauty is the only trait that governs attractiveness, aside from sexual orientation.
Straight men always find men unattractive. Gay men always find women unattractive. There are no bisexual men.
Women may find women attractive. Gay women always find men unattractive. There are only bisexual or gay women.
All men consider partners aged 20 to their own age most attractive. If they’re under 20, they’ll find pawns 20 or over most attractive, with no regard for pawns that are a similar age to them.
All women consider partners the same age and older most attractive. Partners slightly younger than themselves are very unattractive, and partners that are 10 years younger than them are always considered unattractive.
All men consider any pawn 15 years older than themselves to be unattractive.
There is no “old age” cutoff for women. No matter how much older a partner is, women have some chance of finding them attractive.

The game dev then ranted about how this article is a 'hit piece' and how all the assumptions in his code are 100% true because of :biotruths:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Yeah but actually going to read his comments would require putting effort in before you jumped on the Internet outrage bandwagon.

Good to see the dev has is a goon, what sre your plans for the next update?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Yeah but actually going to read his comments would require putting effort in before you jumped on the Internet outrage bandwagon.

quote:

And personal observations: I've known some bi women and a large proportion of the nominally straight women I've known have discussed bi impulses or experiences they've had. In contrast, every bi man I've ever known has ultimately ended up identifying as gay. These patterns seem to apply even in very gay-friendly social contexts.
Of course I'm sure bi/bi-curious men exist, but the research and what I've seen supports the conclusion that they're rarer than bi women. Conversely, gay women seem to be rarer than gay men.

As a Bi man, this is pretty lovely!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Hey Cup Runneth Over, don't loving send me whiny PMs about how I shouldn't disparage a poo poo game dev by quoting him.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

FutonForensic posted:

I'd call it embarrassing, but it's PCGamer

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Halo Custom Edition sure was something. I don't remember all of those but I do recognize more of those than I don't.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

The Cheshire Cat posted:

You'd think that if all you have to work with is a bullpup reload animation, you just wouldn't include non-bullpup assault rifles. Like, it's not like they HAD to include an AK.

It was the early 2000s, the had to have an AK

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

armchairyoda posted:

:eyepop:

e: for some reason I don't believe him when he claims to be "HIGH FUNCTIONING".

lol, Two Worlds is back and he got into simulation games

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Cup Runneth Over posted:

It's not hard to make a gun that just infinitely spawns more guns until the game crashes. I think it's far more creative and interesting to make poo poo like that gun that fires shotgun shells in a shotgun blast, which is actually viable as a weapon.

I think that would just be a shotgun

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Coolguye posted:

that is because that background was submitted by a backer. the game chooses pawns a little oddly. there's a very high chance of a certain number of backer pawns showing up in any particular game, and the game coin flips on whether or not any new pawn will be male or female. if it determines it's time for a backer pawn to show up, and the coin flip comes up female, there's a grand total of like 8 or 9 female backer pawns to choose from, vs multiple dozens of male pawns (because, unsurprisingly, most of the whale backers of rimworld are weird shut in dudes). one of those female pawns is that sex slave pawn.

the other thing you'll see showing up weirdly often if you look are computer programmer or other nerd backgrounds on male pawns that for whatever reason have almost no penalties or restrictions. because, unsurprisingly, those weird shut in dudes that made those backgrounds wanted to be demigods in their video games.

Kickstarter is a plague

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Not this poo poo again. He has autism, stop being ableist.

Holy poo poo dude

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Autism doesn't excuse or really have anything to do with having awful awful awful ideas about sex and sexuality

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Tiggum posted:

The Shadowrun games by Harebrained Schemes were funded through Kickstarter and those are great.

Maybe that post wasn't entirely earnest, possibly on purpose

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Bieeardo posted:

Over in Trad Games land, some rear end in a top hat made a stink after the developers for Blue Rose rewrote his he-man homophobe ranger NPC and his pet hawk 'Trigger Warning' into something that wasn't obviously trying to take a huge poo poo in their game. Nothing came of it.

Didn't Tides ship with a backer-written tombstone describing someone committing suicide after drunkenly sleeping with a cross-dresser? Or am I thinking of Pillars?

It's not hard to hand a stack of contributions to an intern, or go through them a handful at a time during a break, but if the person doing the vetting thinks that old memes or crass jokes are still funny and worthy of inclusion, then you're back to square one.

I think that one got changed after some people complained that it was bad

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I used a Hotline Miami HUD for Payday 2 for a while but that was because it was shortly after the Hotline Miami crossover stuff came out

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Rectus posted:

Thanks, now I want to see someone make a Fat Bastard boomer model.

I want a Mike Meyers Modpack

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Agents are GO! posted:

So is this the thread to talk about how Nerd of Prey, (former?) goon modder who made Immersive Laundry and Cidnha Mine Expanded, had now made "The Erotic Adventures of Misty Skye." :shepicide:

edit:

Who the gently caress still describes humour as "twisted" in the year of our Lord 2017?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I always wanted to side with Benny. But the game won't let you :(

He shot you in the head and is also really loving dumb. He's dumber then Rex.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Guy Mann posted:

Agreed, if there's one problem with the internet today it's that it's way too difficult to say mean things to strangers anonymously. Especially from the kind of people who unironically use "hugbox" as an insult.

There's "lol tumblr hugbox amiright" and then there's the "They posted well written reviews to justify giving a popular mod 3/5 stars, they must be trolls"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Danaru posted:

this is the most :jerkbag: thing I've ever :jerkbag:ed. Couldn't bring myself to read the rest

I bet this is like that Skyrim combat "enhancement" mod that just raised enemies agro range by a little

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Kokoro Wish posted:

Foglio's art is fuglio. Also gently caress your "Gaslamp Fantasy".

It's so loving ugly

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Hexenritter posted:

for some reason this sentence broke my brain and I can't tell if you mean I'm giving them too much credit and they're a bunch of racists who think all East Asians are from the same country and sound alike or if you're saying the opposite.

I don't know why, I'm not dumb, honest.

The original Shadow Warrior was kinda racist

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Guy Mann posted:

There was an Overlook Hotel map for Duke3d that actually kept the impossible geometry of the hotel in the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sUIxXCCFWw

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Yeah seriously. That's just a hideous brown blob, a Ghoul with horns. The purple Deathclaw lady looked nice in a stylized way.

It's just anime

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Kokoro Wish posted:

A friends of mine gave me the gift of Haydee this festive season. Joy!

Oh god, it's Workshop enabled? Wow there are alot of naked women in here. What else c-

Looks like one of those weird 90s cgi tech demos

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

bessantj posted:

Not being an edgy atheist or anything but

Made me laugh.

Gotta grind up those prayer and hymn skills

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Kavak posted:

Deep down, I can understand why Half-Life 3 never materialized. Catch lightning in a bottle again with even higher expectations when there're easier and profitable routes available? I'd shy away from that as well. I'll never understand why Episode 3 died on the vine, though. They had an outline, concept art, they could've brought the story to an end of sorts, and they just canned it quietly.

Episode 3 is supposed to be HL3/the end of the series. One last relatively short episode to wrap things up. It's not like it would be difficult for Valve to make the drat thing.

I'm really starting to actively dislike Valve.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

John Lee posted:

I know it's way too big of a project, but I'd be way into a graphics patch that messed with all the shaders/textures and redid all the models to get the same sculpted artsyle as that deathclaw, because I legit think it looks rad but totally doesn't fit with the aesthetic.

It's just anime

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Backhand posted:

The idea with Huey is that, as awful as Miller and Snake have become, he's much worse in his own particular flavor of awful. Specifically, self-delusion. Huey manages to legitimately convince himself he's a good guy and bad poo poo just keeps happening to him, but pretty much everything Snake, Ocelot, and Miller accuse him of, he absolutely did really do. He's just so profoundly hosed up in the head that he honestly convinces himself that it was all a terrible coincidence. The man has an enormous amount of blood on his hands. and of people he actively betrayed no less... he's just very, very convincing when he protests otherwise, since he truly believes it himself.

But yeah, there was a lot to dislike about MGS5 and the very unsympathetic protagonists was definitely a big part. That was the point, narratively speaking.... the entire game is about the characters more or less becoming outright villains from too much time looking into the abyss. But yeah, just because it was the point didn't make it much more fun to side with them.

EDIT: Granted, all of this is second hand understanding on my part. I've seen a lot of MGS5 here and there since it's been released but I admit I've never actually played it myself. Ground Zeroes turned me off too much.

Venom Snake Did Nothing Wrong

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
It would be a good joke if crucified Todd tried to sell you Skyrim

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

CJacobs posted:

I believe the thread had this very discussion last time a mod shut itself down instead of developing a conversion tool, getting a weird sense of deja vu lol.

That was in the new vegas thread just now

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Leal posted:

What would happen if they made Link wear the crown?

Oh my god Nintendo had this planned all along.

Linkle is woman Tingle, but she thinks she's the hero of time instead of a fairy.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Leal posted:

Patreon makes it possible. Ask the guy who made the groundwork for the Sims 4 sex mod (that is just the groundwork, not any of the models or animations). Raking in at least 6.2k a month. I want to say 13k cause thats what I saw last time but like everyone else on that platform they're hiding how much they make now.

That's not quite the same thing

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

flatluigi posted:

yeah one is modders getting paid for their time and effort and the other, uh

A corporation taking a cut of that money for no reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Midnight Voyager posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/62913

This makes OStim safe for work by making it fade to black.

OStim is that mod that adds sex animations to Skyrim.

I do not understand.

It's tasteful