Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

RareAcumen posted:

https://i.imgur.com/zaTCnnn.mp4

edit: Ah poo poo, here we go again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
IIRC the first Duke game had him bragging triumphantly about beating the bad guy in time to watch Oprah, so I always saw him as a big bad dork with a sensitive side.

I'd still bet it all on Duke :smith:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Theres an episode of Voyager where Captain Janeway annihilates a nine year old with a giant cannon

It's a little more complicated than that but it's less funny with context

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Which one was that, because I can't think of a matching premise off the top of my head.

The kid is actually the wife of the caretaker from the first episode or something like that, she takes the form of a kid for some reason and tries to blow up Voyager, so Janeway has an anti-caretaker cannon made and blasts her with it near the end.

Voyager is loving stupid

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm per gay

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
When you think about it, Assimilators are the most democratic type of government there is. We can hold nine elections in under a second and Calculator Alpha wins with 100% of the vote every time. Who wouldn't want to live in such a unified society?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Cuck my Federation, Assimilator Daddy

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Assimilate my neg hole

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
When I die, take any organs that are still useful and turn the rest into some spooky poo poo. It's always Halloween when you're dead, baby :skeltal:

E: also if Necromancers are real give my skeleton to them, its immensely powerful and should be good for a miniboss fight at least

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
We made it more easily searchable by adding the name of an already currently popular game to the title

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I dont know much about Orks but I remember reading a story about how they invaded a human planet but couldnt get past the city's barrier, so they got bored and started doing Mad Max style death races with each other. I respect and relate to that

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Frankly I consider it a win that the wholesome-horny people got to XCOM instead of the :yikes: people. Sure snakes dont do it for me, but everyone's consenting and happy in their smut so go for it ya crazy kids.

Plus snakes are kinda cute in a seperate, not-horny way :3:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Wasabi the J posted:

Wholesome snake loving advocacy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I mean it certainly took itself more serious than the DOS ones, but I certainly wouldnt call "Soldier that skinned and wore a giant Muton queen launching an arm rocket at a teleporting purple Nathan Drake that keeps calling you, the player, a giant butt baby" taking itself seriously

Danaru fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Apr 27, 2020

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Nobody got horny for Archons because they were too busy audibly sighing and figuring out who can actually hit the loving thing before it destroys all the cover on the map. Vipers became non issues the second you have a decent medic and sniper

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Advent cancelled being horny, so XCOM canceled Advent :colbert:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I still want the name and address of whoever gave the Archon King Blazing Pinions but worse and also you can only have one soldier get out of the way

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Sexual Fairy Murder is exactly the kind of band that would become famous because the lead singer argued with Tom Hanks about Qanon over twitter, and then it would come out that he posted pictures of himself vaping piss years ago on facebook, and no one would ever remember as anything besides "that pissvape guy that got dunked on by David S. Pumpkins"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
drat, "The Vore Community" beats that baby shoes tragic story by half

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I remember trying to download some voiced companions for Skyrim, thinking hey might as well add new content, and every single one was either some nerd doing a HORRIBLE British accent or a competently voiced but horribly written. After the third companion that made a HILARIOUS sworn to carry your burdens joke, I just straight up uninstalled all of them.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I like big but reasonably sized and proportioned butts and I cannot lie

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I wonder how fast that FrEe SpEeCh rule would be forgotten if I made a mod where time travelling communist cat eared femboys mowed down scores of nazis and erased fascism from history.

Yes it would be yet another mod comprised entirely out of the author's fetishes, but it would also serve a purpose this time :colbert:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

RareAcumen posted:

The hell's a femboy?

A guy who's feminine, like a subset of twink I guess

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah femboy is just right wing speak for twink.

Though a bit more feminine I guess

Uhhh I have never heard a right winger say femboy and I've only ever seen it used by the queer community

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Femboy is more specific to an aesthetic, there are plenty of masc twinks. Generally it all comes down to self description, if you wanna be a femboy you're already most of the way there :eng101: I have it on good authority that you'll want to invest in an expensive razor, the cheap ones are poo poo

It's me, the femboy explainer

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’ve heard come up a lot recently.

I don’t know why it’s apparently causing a bit of a schism in their communities

I'm going to flip poo poo if they try to turn this into a slur against trans women because jfc the right always veers that way

Who am I kidding they're probably already trying to make it a slur

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:staredog: I'll admit I wasnt expecting that

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Cup Runneth Over posted:

A lot of 4channers have embraced being femboys (because of /d/ and /soc/ presumably) and they're often incredibly virulently racist, to the point that it's a bit of a joke on Twitter now that there are no femboys that aren't racist.

:psyduck: this is the exact opposite of my experience, the only femboys I've seen on twitter or anywhere else are super gay and extremely left

RareAcumen posted:

Hmm. Well then. I was gonna post this as a joke because Iunno what the answer was gonna be.

And then the responses were more genuine and nuanced than I was expecting so uh, wasted effort on my part.

I always feel compelled to be informative about this stuff because I'm a bi dude marrying a feminine dude, so I become a target for every bad faith argument you can think of. :smith: "bisexuals are transphobic" is the most common one but the most galaxy brain poo poo I had was someone accusing my fiance of "trans blackface" for being a cis man and sounding like a woman. Incidentally nobody ever says this stuff in person and none of my numerous trans friends have ever said anything similar :thunk:

Danaru fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 23, 2020

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

RA3 is worth it just for giving Tim Curry a line that broke him.

Seriously, I honestly hope they used that take specifically to show that the line was too hammy for even Tim Curry to deliver without cracking :allears: I should reinstall and give that game a real try, I know I own it on some platform or another

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Mordja posted:

Anyways, TA>SC

:hai:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Side note: did they ever fix that thing in Kenshi where raiders cant figure out how to leave a settlement theyre raiding so they just stand there forever and you have to start over? That happened to me three games in a row last tome I played and I just want to build a town dammit :smith:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

orange juche posted:

Funnily enough, going by the percentage numbers, it was more hazardous to be a goldshirt than a redshirt. More redshirts died, but there were also more redshirts. You had something like an 18% chance of dying as a goldshirt vs a 10% chance of death as a redshirt.

The hardest working redshirt was the guy on the original Enterprise who got vaporized by a phaser, then showed up for work a few episodes later without anyone acknowledging it. Dude's a king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

No ring