Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Crossposting from the Skyrim thread, in case someone hasn't seen it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's impressive how much they can do with the Fallout 3 engine, sure. I just wonder how much of that will be workable in the final product.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's afraid!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I do a handstand in the shower.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Right after they generated all that buzz, too.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Android Blues posted:

The joke is that no-one saw Bee Movie as kids, it was a gigantic bomb targeted at an adult audience. It was incredibly tame jokes-wise, but it was attempting to trade on the popularity of Jerry Seinfeld, and most of the jokes are about like, tennis, jazz, politics, all this sort of easy listening contemporary yuppie stuff. The meme value is entirely built on the fact that it is an absurdly bad movie featuring Jerry Seinfeld as a talking bee.

This is also sort of a Bee Movie meme revival, because the original swarm of Bee Movie memes are at least three, four years old at this point, maybe more. For this batch I'm guessing someone with tumblr followers found an old meme they liked and decided to lovingly cultivate it.

I give this analysis a B.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's not a horrified anime fuckdoll, so it's already miles ahead.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It sucks that you apparently can't use the shoulder-mounted minigun on this.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The title gets me every time.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I'm the look of vague disapproval

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I'm a fan of More robust panty options, myself.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The Nexus is like imgur. It's a place where you can upload our download files you like.

And nothing else.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

But the grenade makes perfect sense, right?

This reminds me of the crazy guns you could craft in Phantom Pain, before they patched it out. Or the Fallout 4 mod that allowed every weapon to take every weapon mod.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Samus looks so sad to be in this videogame.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I don't know why, but the sniper scope is the funniest part of that to me.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Never has the phrase "Modding is the game" been more appropriate.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

This, along with Fallout: Equestria, is what happens when you don't have an editor.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Well, yeah. You only briefly start up the game every now and again to see that there are no CTDs.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I was amused that I could read most of what's going on, even through the Taylor filter.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Kavak posted:

"No loligagging."

Now that's a thread title.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's Witcher Zoolander!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Coolguye posted:

this is what we'll actually use biomods on, gently caress deus ex and its idea that we'll use them for silly things like seeing in the dark and surviving bullet impacts

I don't know, the Icarus landing system would be rad as hell.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I like the zip bags, but I love the World's Most British Man presenting them.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I'm curious about the asswings, myself.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Cythereal posted:

Only Baldur's Gate stuff, really, plus a nodding acquaintance with some of the Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 stuff since many of the same people were involved. I contributed one BG2 NPC mod who still makes me cringe to this day, and one BG1 NPC mod later - her BG2 (including Throne of Bhaal) stuff is about 80% complete but I've never gotten around to finishing it.

If nothing else, it's taught me to respect a lot of the mods in this thread on a technical basis. NPC mods especially are genuinely a lot of work if they have extensive features, and in the BG2 modding community at least some of the most technically brilliant modders who could do all sorts of incredible things with the hyper-unfriendly Infinity Engine also tended to be among the most broken people in the community.

What's the weirdest BG mod you ever encountered?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Even better, hack it so you can ride one.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Shady Amish Terror posted:

It's incredible the range of things that could be handwaved with 'and then vault-tec staffed this bunker wrong, as a joke'.

Handwave, nothing. That was Vault-Tec's entire MO.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Agents are GO! posted:

Haha that even took me a second -

"What is it? Some NWS inventory item --" :stare:

Edit: Im also surprised nobodys modded the Pimp-Boy 3 Billion into FO4.

There's this, but it's just a retexture. It doesn't play the funky sting, so what's even the point.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Kurui Reiten posted:

I am never going to be happy that places where people have clearly started to reclaim the land and live again still look like a garbage dumb exploded everywhere. Someone, grab a loving broom, sweep that poo poo out of here. You've been living here for years, you can do better than a torn up sack of bags as a mattress, there's a house down the street with beds and poo poo. Why haven't you taken some boards or something and fixed some of the holes in the roof?

It doesn't have to look like a loving master carpenter came through and repaired poo poo, but people should still look like they've actually cleaned their little homes and done some maintenance.

This bothers me, too, especially in New Vegas, where the apocalypse only kinda sorta happened. In Fallout 4, there is a bevy of mods that help you clean up your settlements from static objects, the best one being Commonwealth Cleanup. In New Vegas, there's Mojave Clean Up and Clean-Deluxe. I'm not sure about Fallout 3, because that's a garbage game, and the settlers in the Capital Wasteland haven't lived out in the open for very long.

Philippe fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 21, 2017

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Macho Dragon Randy Savage is the only mod I will never uninstall.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's gonna be a pair of hemipenes.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I love everything about this.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I think that actually happens in a Cory Doctorow novel.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Doc Hawkins posted:

And he wouldn't trust you anymore. His breathing would be heavy, and he would stare at the sun.

Unblinking.

Sometimes, dead is better.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Lunethex posted:

nevermind they're all babies

I think it's about time for a new thread title

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Midig posted:

When people stop watching anime.

Only the dead have seen the end of anime.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

No don't

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's an Arthmoor mod! What a surprise...

I love the artifacting on those circles.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Don't ask questions to which you already know the answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Oh no, not in Black Mesa, no. It's an Aperture Science expression!