Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Is no responses a bad thing or good thing?
I think it's a "everybody is too busy with holiday poo poo" thing. Did you fix the credit card payment thing in Mint? You can set it as a category "transfer" to not affect your net worth, but I'm not sure if that's what you meant by your question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, there's a reason finances are the number 1 cause of divorce. Financial couples therapy should be a thing. Hmm, maybe I should get into that.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Sorry your wife is an idiot about money. If I were married to someone bringing home 90% of our income, I don't think I could argue with him about money without feeling totally ashamed. She's a mooch and has the temerity to rag on you for paying off debt? Honestly, gently caress that poo poo. Your commute sounds loving miserable and there is no reason to prolong it.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I’m perfectly happy being a scientist supporting an artist.
Yeah, but then she doesn't get to tell you to suck up a TWO HOUR FREAKING COMMUTE because why? she wants more money in the savings account? When you're spending $800 a month on her therapy and not getting any for yourself? When she's buying expensive gluten free bullshit? And then bitching at you for making sensible financial decisions? I would be going out of my freaking mind with a partner like that. And for the record, I've supported my husband since we were first dating, this isn't about whether or not you should support your non-working spouse. This is about her getting emotionally manipulative about not getting her way in everything, when she's costing you a small fortune with her issues and not wanting you to pay off your debt or lower your commute.

You should legally divorce her, and then for real divorce her, because "just financial issues" are the number one reason couples split up and you two really need to be on the same page or else you're just asking for trouble. How do you see your future with someone who wants to live in debt forever? Are you going to raise a family with this person? Spend the next five decades supporting them and letting them criticize you and insult you for making good decisions? Argh!!

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Droo posted:

Are you like... sure you want to stay with her? I also wonder if her weird obsession with having $10,000 in a savings account (despite credit card interest) is part of some plan to take whatever money she can and leave.
TBH, this was what I thought when I read she said that he could live with the debt for the rest of his life. If the debt is in his name, welp...

moana
Jun 18, 2005

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I’m viewing a house tonight. For anyone who knows Colorado’s Front Range, it’s in Longmont
That's where Mr. Money Mustache lives, right?

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Try a red lentil carrot soup if you're a fan of daal, lots of different recipes online but just make sure one of the ingredients is coconut milk and you can't go wrong.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Why don't you just get outside the drat house and walk around the neighborhood before eating breakfast? Like, start small, you don't have to go drive 15 miles to go do a hike, just walk. Bring a coffee, enjoy being outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moana
Jun 18, 2005

I'm so sorry to hear you're going through such a rough time. Take care of yourself and hopefully you'll find something that works for you.

• Locked thread