Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Dr. Steve just called my store about his iPad not charging properly. I knew he was from the area, but I didn't realize it was him until I was already hanging up the phone. He introduced himself after I said my normal "thank you for calling..." speech, and that voice is hard to mistake, but he didn't say "Doctor" before his name so it took me a minute to put it together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

CrashCat posted:

Did you offer to change his iPad fluid

I told him to bring it in so we could run diagnostics, and he said he would have "her" bring it in, whoever she may be.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Opies show can be really good depending on the guest, and whether or not he's whining about something. Jim and Sam have been killing it, but I've thought a few times that Jim might have gotten fairly irritated at Sam for random reasons. Hopefully it's all in my head, because that and Bennington are the only reasons I keep my sub at this point, which I ditched for a long time up until J&S started because I could just get R&F/Bennington on Audible for like $30 a year.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Niwrad posted:

Is he really blaming Jimmy for doing the radio show for money? Does he think comedy is just some sort of hobby for Jimmy?

I'm pretty sure I remember at the time when people were criticizing them for not quitting when Anthony got fired that they both said the main reason they stayed was because of the money. Opie is being pretty loving hypocritical (surprise surprise) by tweeting that stupid remark.

E: Hell, the only reason Opie stays around now is because of the money. As much as he likes to say that he has better prospects outside of satellite radio besides a podcast, he's pretty much fooling himself. At the very least, Ant will always have his alt-rightish fans to fall back on (not saying that all of his fans are that extreme, but that's obviously the core of his fan base). Who does Opie have in enough numbers to do the same (without partnering up with Anthony again)?

empty baggie fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jan 26, 2017

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Chips podacast was loving terrible and I can't wait for the next one.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Fez was at Wrestlemania. How long ago was that?

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

I'm genuinely curious. I'd think SiriusXM can actually get decent analytics now that there are probably at least as many people on smartphone apps as satellite radios. I'd kill to see those.

According to Dr Steve, they judge whether a show is popular or not by on demand stats. Since he's on random saturdays at 4AM, he begs people to check his show out on demand to let the company know there are people interested.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

"stunt"

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

NM

empty baggie fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jul 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

NM