Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Don't know if this was posted but it seems that our buddy Tashan Dorrsett is getting the FBI involved with investigating her ban:

https://twitter.com/fatgayandsassy/status/793397187984039936

https://twitter.com/fatgayandsassy/status/793444823969607680

Crain fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Nov 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Roland Jones posted:

Hers, unless you have proof that she was lying about being a trans woman, but wow. What a fucker.

Like I said, garbage.

whoops. My bad.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

i'm confused, isn't the bradley foundation super right-wing, is this just some dumb hoax

Remember that the Trump crowd also (at least ostensibly) hates the right wing if they're establishment because it's all (((GLOBALISTS))) just like the Dems. And the Rothschilds have been a major lightning rod for....ever.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Non Serviam posted:

You are right, all whites everywhere are doing great, and own a huge plantation.

BTW This is like the third or fourth day in a row we've gotten someone being real lovely/tone deaf about race. I can't wait to see who we get tomorrow.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Non Serviam posted:

What part of what I said is racist? That you shouldn't generalize people based on their race? Clearly I'm a Nazi!

Not racist.Just terribly tone deaf, and pretty obstinate about it at that.

Look: Making generalizations about white people can be prejudiced. But, for instance, saying that White people just looooooove mayo or love to make bland, tasteless food is in no way comparable to, nor does it have the historical weight of, talking about how Black people loving LOOOOoooOOOOve them some watermelon and fried chicken.

Generalizations against White people do not carry any sort of societal weight compared to stereotypes used against minorities.

One is prejudicial (at best), the other is racist.

And like Mel Mudkipper said: The difference between the two is Power.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Non Serviam posted:

like blacks

Goddammit mother fucker we've had multiple discussions about this already don't use that nomenclature.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Wait.

"No" as in we didn't have a multipage derail about this subject just a few days ago?

Or

"No" as in you're just going to keep using that terminology regardless?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

PT6A posted:

because those generalizations and jokes will incredibly rarely, if ever, have any sort of actual repercussions beyond having your feelings mildly hurt.

This is a big point to make sure people get.

If you make a joke about your white friend pocketing something in a store, it'll most likely be ignored.

Make that same joke against a minority and their liable to get a cop on their case.

Same with making a joke about how a Middle Eastern looking friend "looks like a terrorist" with a beard on can get them in serious trouble if the wrong person overhears you.

The weight of stereotypes drastically effects the lives of minorities.

Non Serviam posted:

I didn't talk about this before. I'm not up to date with your speech code, but if you fax it to me I'll be happy to check it out.

You know what? gently caress you. Don't be a prissy little bitch about getting called out for racist language.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Yo. Non Serviam.

A double triple gently caress you.

And I'm posting this poo poo.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

isn't posting people irl phone numbers a dox? lol

In the off chance he was dumb enough to send a real fax number to a random person on the internet:

I'll remove it if a mod/admin tells me to.

edit: 555 is fake anyway so gently caress him

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Non Serviam posted:

You're a very angry person. I hope you feel better.

Edit. I sent you an empty pm by mistake. You don't need to post that here too. I'm sure everyone will make you feel cozy and loved if you do, though. :3:

The best part about this message is: Since you don't know for sure what my race is, you're still defaulting to a "angry black guy" attack.

Which we also just finished have a derail about a few days ago.

Man you are just a greatest hits collection today.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Non Serviam posted:

I said English isn't my first language

Your English is perfect enough for executing slang, snark, and disusing US specific politics.

Not a useful defense.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

WampaLord posted:

dropping some Lincolns like I'm John Wilkes Booth.

I appreciate this line.

Northjayhawk posted:

Don't want to derail too much, but one problem with the "you are being angry" attack is that it is a common and accepted rebuttal in other SA forums where race is never a topic of discussion. Like if you are having a sports argument or talking about a movie or whatever and someone is spiraling out of control with aggressive shitposting, pointing out their obvious anger is a smug way to triumphantly show the audience that your adversary has lost it.

Here though race is an issue and you have the unfortunate angry black man stereotype so its probably not a good idea to go there here, but people used to it on other forums and probably not even thinking about race don't realize that.

Yeah. "You mad" has always been a thing. Cue the Buttlord comic and or the calmhitler.jpg.

But he's dipping into enough racist poo poo that I'm fine with throwing that stereotype back in his face. Especially since we just had a derail about it.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Nov.

Stop sending me empty loving PMs.

It's like you're just calling me over and over and just hanging up when I answer the phone.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Thanks, I edited it out.

Sure. The fact that he PM'd me those Sick, Nasty (woman) burns is what matters. Not so much the content.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

But... do blacks rule?

They were actually trying to write: Blacks...teel chairs Rule but the driveway was too narrow.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

In case anyone doesn't get why this is so disgusting: He's directly quoting a "A. Wyatt Mann" comic. Aka the well known racist comic artist.

Linked below in spoilers:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Yo Mel, I had to use your anti-arzy pictures on my mother this morning.

Keep up the good work.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Apraxin posted:

https://youtu.be/wVkgCkw6rq8?t=2576
This is the bit I was talking about, if anyone wants to watch.

gently caress, he is mad.

No need for Luther on this speech.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

canepazzo posted:

https://twitter.com/CandaceSmith_/status/794214725622042624

Not to go too much anti-BillMitchell, other than the obvious bullshit claim, doesn't that look like a poor showing for a Trump rally?

Rally Turn out doesn't matter. Big, small, republican, democrat. At least until you start getting into either "Ron Paul alone in a room" or "Metallica performing to a million person sea" levels.

It's noon on a work day. People got poo poo to do.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Celery Jello posted:

That's just it, though. The whole thing comes from "I only started hearing about all this racism stuff after Obama took office, he's pushing these issues that I thought were settled. If they weren't settled, I would've been hearing about it already."

More on this topic:

Code Switch is a pretty good podcast about looking at the divide between the way white and minority Americans experience the country, world, politics, pop culture, really everything. Yes, it's an NPR podcast. But while NPR the radio station is lovely, they allow for some really good podcasts to flourish.

They just had a podcast on this, the "I didn't hear about race till Obama" topic, as part of a larger discussion on just what will happen to the racial anxiety that White America has been building up these last 8 years (and this election season) on Nov. 9th.

I'd suggest going and giving it a listen.

http://www.npr.org/podcasts/510312/codeswitch

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Speaking of NH being a Libertarian shithole, the poll that had Trump +4 on Clinton in NH was a head-to-head and did not include Johnson

Yeah. That whole "Freestate Project" flopped hard and the Libertarians there basically just turned into bitter Republicans (they were always bitter republicans).

It's actually a freaky, fascinating thing to read about.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Mind_Taker posted:

Why are New Hampshire and Vermont so different in terms of Democratic reliability? I know nothing about the two states other than they are a similar size and shape, adjacent, and located in New England.

Vermont is weird and New Hampshire had an event happen there known as the "Free State Project".

Basically: Libertarians decided they wanted to try and game some low population state's political rules and send 20k people in to basically take it over and make it into some Libertopia.

It failed hard, but ended up with enough people moving to get some demo shifts if I remember.

It's still "on going" and they have 20k people signed up to move, with like 2500 already moved there to "Set up".

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

This is one of the cooler "Cubs win" things I've seen so far:

https://twitter.com/GraceJohnso/status/794042007501045760

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Gyges posted:

So Donny and Super Allah are having dueling rallies in town today. Donny is holding his at the edge of town, closer to the county line than the nearest Early Voting location. At the Jacksonville Equestrian Center.

Obama is holding his rally at the University of North Florida. Right off where several of the major roads for the city intersect.

It takes ~15 minutes to get to the nearest Early Voting location from the Equestrian Center. There are 3 - 5 Early Voting locations you could already be in line at or already have voted at from UNF, depending on whether or not you follow the speed limit or the flow of traffic.

This is yet another sign of things to come. The Dems have slowly honed their ground game and are nearing a point of having a truely powerful, fully national, multi-targeted campaign apparatus. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing more dem candidates being run just because there is such a powerful network to rely on even for tiny house districts that are usually unopposed.

The GOP is losing the forest for the trees in how they do things. Untargeted mailers, Disconnected GOTV efforts for every race, it's a mess.

The Dem's, ugh, Narwhal system is only going to keep paying off dividends.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Sorus posted:

Speaking of, MD Goons, how do you feel about Question 1? Good thing, bad thing? Meh thing?

It's a wash.

I mean, if you prefer to bank on your party always holding the governorship to fill spots with your guys, vote no. But we don't always have that. I voted for it since I think maintaining the balance of power, whatever it was, is more useful than letting the governor fill in whoever in a tight spot.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

oh wow, that's a thing?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Crow Jane posted:

Another question for MD goons: how are you voting on the referendum to let vendors sell near Rash Field in the harbor? I'm kinda torn. On the one hand, more jobs are always good. On the other, there are already tons of places to eat around there, and it'd be nice to have just one area of the harbor that's relatively chill. Plus it might be nice to encourage growth in other areas of the city instead?

That's local to your district/county. Didn't have that on my ballot. Got a dumb loving "WE SHOULD HAVE TERM LIMITS AND RULE THAT LEAVING EARLY COUNTS AS A FULL 2/3 OF A TERM" or someshit question.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

BeanBandit posted:

I've been lurking this thread for a long time now, and I've learned two things: one, people who supported Bernie Sanders in the primaries are misogynists and white supremacists, regardless of how their support shifted after the nomination. Two, anyone who is or was a STEM major is subhuman, worth far less than the energy their bodies will release when incinerated by nuclear fire. It's very important to refer to people who work in IT as "computer janitors" because denigrating labor is a hallmark of progress.

SA liberals own.

See this guy gets it.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Harrow posted:

Is there anything to the story I'm seeing on Facebook ...

No.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Feral Integral posted:

I mean you could just go get a STEM degree yourself and maybe you wouldn't be so easily riled up by your own projections on others.

It really is good money

Nah, I work in STEM too and that poo poo is pervasive. In undergrad it was a constant stream about how humanities courses for the Gen Ed req were such bullshit, and "I don't have time for this soft poo poo I have REAL WORK to do".

STEM majors being really annoying about non STEM fields is not a made up criticism.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Doorknob Slobber posted:

hot take: degrees don't have anything to do with intelligence and a lot more to do with a person's ability to follow rules and orders

No, Degrees are 100% about networking.

Seriously that's it.

Even people who end up failing to finally earn their degrees can succeed if they just focus on the real goal of college education: Getting in with the old farts who can get you jobs with the thousands of people they know who are in charge of important things.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

So I almost forgot about this.

I have a friend/former coworker who has recently become politically "woke". Not in the annoying sense, but in the sense of actually looking up stories, going through multiple sources, and really following the trail instead of just catching whatever the headline is as she walks around.

I did suggest this thread as a "source" to follow. Not sure if she actually reads it tho. If she does though: Sup.

Anyway, she's gotten really into just jumping right into people and talking about their political stances. Most notably with our Conservative, Moonie, White kid with German parents and a Korean name coworker, who wanted to vote for Ted Cruz. Those were fun.

Now she's invited a bunch of our friends/coworkers/Former coworkers to a "Politics Dinner" to discuss politics with those she's found out either haven't decided on a candidate yet, or are not voting for Clinton.

I think I've created a monster, but this is going to be fun.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Oh boy we got a live one. What did you think of the new Ghostbusters movie?

Today's shithead didn't show up till 3pm.

They're slipping.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Find me a woman you don't think that about.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Was this posted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe9blE0liN0

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I'm just gonna go ahead and listen to Space Jam on repeat for the next 4 days.

Then tune in for election coverage as the polls start to close.

That sounds like a plan.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

Question: Federal employees aren't allowed to do volunteer work for political campaigns, right? Like making calls?

Not in the official capacity of their position.

My father, for instance, couldn't go and work for the Clinton Campaign as "NIH Sysadmins for Clinton". But as a private citizen he can work for them. Just gotta keep those separate.

I think the rules are different for military members though. Much stricter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/794704919399989249

• Locked thread