Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Combed Thunderclap posted:

gently caress gently caress gently caress how are we going to get our hands on those sweet sweet Trump tears now :ohdear:

They better at least let FOX have a camera on site

Y'all Qaeda had a pretty good stream setup going, since they got acquitted just invite them over, it'll be the most tremendous election coverage

Especially when they refuse to leave

Inferior Third Season posted:

The best Final Fantasy is Galaxy Quest.

That is simultaneously nonsense and a correct statement. I applaud you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Rangpur posted:

Ogre Battle provides the best blueprint for implementing political change. Specifically, you appoint a weak, dumb but charismatic leader and use shiny, happy staff at all public appearances while the bulk of your campaign consists of soul-sucking liches, vampire assassins leading werewolf hit squads, and literal Dark Ones. You make a great show of taking the rigteous path, while quietly doubling back and cutting deals with pumpkin witches once you can afford the hit to your reputation, and the important alliances are secured.

...I haven't worked out what the sky islands represent yet. Swing states?

So Deneb is Putin?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fart Amplifier posted:

Hey America, don't loving elect Donald Trump.

We're loving trying not to! :argh:

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Apraxin posted:

I bet he's watching Obama speaking in Miami as he tweets. It's been glorious, he's absolutely unloading on Trump; I've never seen him this angry at a person (rather than an issue) before.Went through all Trump's personal failings, called out his racism, sexism, and said nothing about his horrible character would change by being elected except that he'll 'have more power to carry out (his) twisted notions than (he) had before"! It was really powerful. I know Hillary's taking the 'go high' approach, but it was great to hear someone throw Trump's poo poo back at him.
https://youtu.be/wVkgCkw6rq8?t=2576
This is the bit I was talking about, if anyone wants to watch.

Apraxin fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Nov 3, 2016

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I think it's incredibly unlikely he pulls off that trick as I've said all year, but I think we're looking at 322-216-ish.

I cannot over state what a poo poo show this going to the house would be.

It wouldn't be a shitshow at all. They would elect Trump in 2 seconds.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

theflyingorc posted:

No, he does not. He doesn't have him winning NH.

Well aren't I dumb?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

mcmagic posted:

From an optics perspective and the media circus around it. Obviously I know how it would end, there buddy.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Nate has Trump winning all of those right now though. :ohdear:

He's not going to win NV and prolly not NC or FL

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

1. Why is Trump now leading in Ohio? Did Romney have that state at this point in time 4 years ago?
2. Can we still hope for a dem senate majority?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Nate has Trump winning all of those right now though. :ohdear:

He can't win that route without getting NH, which is still moderately strong blue on 538 (it's about as blue as Arizona is red.) Meanwhile, their projection gives him barely more than a coinflip in multiple must-win states. If he drops FL, NC, or NV, it's basically over (especially FL.)

mcmagic posted:

Sounds like a shitshow to me!

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

mcmagic posted:

It's 1 state= 1 vote, right? So he'd crush Hillary since the Democratic reps are largely concentrated.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Straight White Shark posted:

Electoral tie gets decided by Congress, which is pretty Republican-heavy and is a pretty safe bet for Trump.

lozzle posted:

A tie is effectively a Trump win but yeah you're right.
I knew that, but still.
An electoral tie with Clinton losing a few swing states by less than 0.5 percent, while winning the popular vote, only for Trump to get the presidency from Congress would be the perfect finale to this goddamn election season. Your Democracy would literally be over after that.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Inferior Third Season posted:

The best Final Fantasy is Galaxy Quest.

You mean mystic quest?

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Grouchio posted:

1. Why is Trump now leading in Ohio? Did Romney have that state at this point in time 4 years ago?

1. Ohio is a terrible place filled with terrible people.
2. Yes but don't hold your breath.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Mister Adequate posted:

Yeah, but I have an encyclopedic knowledge of Dragon Age to make up for it!

Being able to quote video games and obscure shows means I'm fun, right?

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Grouchio posted:

Currently a dem senate is still likely.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Grouchio posted:

1: Ohio is about demographics shifting away from Dems and basically a bunch of white assholes empowered by Trump that weren't by Romney.

2: Yes, polling continues to look like Dems have a good chance to flip the Senate.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
If the last two elections are an example, Nevada will break for the dems by 4-6 points more than the RCP average. That's at T+2 right now. So yeah, likely a Clinton victory there

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Grouchio posted:

1. White people or something? Trump took the lead there a while back and hasn't really let go.
2. Yes. That's still the most likely outcome, but a number of the races are within margin of error.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Straight White Shark posted:

He can't win that route without getting NH, which is still moderately strong blue on 538 (it's about as blue as Arizona is red.) Meanwhile, their projection gives him barely more than a coinflip in multiple must-win states. If he drops FL, NC, or NV, it's basically over (especially FL.)

Sounds like a shitshow to me!

I'm not Arzying hard here, I'm more just baffled that its possibly tightened THIS much.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mr. Belding posted:

That is not the argument that I'm making. What I am saying is that if a weak candidate should lose to a strong candidate by a large margin and Donald Trump does not lose to HRC by a large margin, then either he is not a weak candidate or she is not a strong candidate. I believe he is a weak candidate therefore I am likely to believe that another Democrat would have been better. You would still be welcome to believe that they are both strong candidates or that they are both weak, but there is not another democrat who is stronger out there. You could not reasonably believe that he's a weak candidate and she is a strong candidate, if you accept that a weak candidate should lose to a strong one by a large margin (which is basically the only way those words are meaningful).

Right, and I'm saying you have no justification for this. A 'weak' candidate isn't going to necessarily lose by a large amount when there are other factors in play. There is a not-insignificant part of the electorate who will vote R no matter WHO is on the ticket because they are trained to, or because there is a Supreme Court Justice available or because while Donald Trump is terrifying to everyone outside of his base he is legitimately energizing to a specific segment of his base. The biggest landslide in any recent election was 58% for Saint Reagan and we're unlikely to see any candidate (especially a democrat) replicate that anytime soon.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Admiral Ray posted:

Being able to quote video games and obscure shows means I'm fun, right?

This Troper thinks that we should be asking more questions about Hilary's email serv--:suicide:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm not Arzying hard here, I'm more just baffled that its possibly tightened THIS much.

Republicans basically came home because they're terrible people who would vote for loving Hitler.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
This is a local issue, but it might speak to national problems.

I'm really concerned with how ballot measures are presented. For example in Missouri we have a ballot measure that is presented more or less like this: should we raise a tax on tobacco and use that money to fund education?

First reaction: hell ya. Slam dunk, sounds like a great idea.

Yesterday I got an email from the MNEA telling me to vote that tax down because what it does it set up a unelected board to oversee the allocation of education funding ( i assume only the funding related to the tax) and also allows public tax money (I hope only that specific money but who knows) to go to private and religious schools.

I know people will be like "it's on the voter to inform themselves" but... I'm just annoyed because it feels dishonest to hide poo poo parts of these things when we're voting to amend our Constitution.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Kilroy posted:

Well for one there are the people who don't watch stuff like a Louis CK or a Dave Chappelle set, and don't count video games among their hobbies because it takes away from range time and handloading and otherwise preparing for the end of the world or RaHoWa or Hillary Clinton being elected President - or all of the above. So for these people yeah you can't call them racist because if they see a black person they have the discipline not to immediately shout racial slurs at them or brandish a firearm, so this makes them Not Racist.

Then you have people who know about all that, but they don't view it as a threat because it's not serious. It's just a silly white comedian or a silly black comedian or a silly video game, and it's nothing to worry about it's just harmlessly irreverent stuff. I suspect this is the majority of white people. These people are able to ignore the stuff you mention in pop culture because they don't take it seriously and are able to convince themselves it isn't aimed at them anyway, at least not directly person-to-person and again it's just harmlessly irreverent anyway.

All that changes as soon as you tell them, person-to-person, that no, that poo poo they just did or said is racist as gently caress and they need to cut it out, because they don't have a coping mechanism for why it doesn't apply to them anymore, since you are directly telling them it does really apply to them.

Well, the coping mechanisms they use on this board is trolling, reporting, then getting a mod that tacitly approves of the aforementioned two methods to then probate/ban you for dating to not want to be dehumanized.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

Ross up FOUR?

From QUINNIPIAC????

edit: short version, it is EXTREMELY unlikely that Ross wins NC and Clinton loses. Quinnipiac has a fairly strong Republican lean to its results. This is INCREDIBLY good news.

Quinnipiac from yesterday had Clinton +3 in NC so v:shobon:v

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

My Linux Rig posted:

I don't get it, trump is winning now? Should I start building a bunker?

lol, "start"? If you aren't almost done by now you're screwed

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Historically, Ohio votes for the candidate which promises to make the most change, so Ohio becomes less like Ohio.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

gradenko_2000 posted:

Am I too late for JRPG chat? I really liked Septerra Core! :)

Holy poo poo, I was convinced I had imagined this game and that it didn't actually exist.

Axe Master
Jun 1, 2008

Shred ya later!
I lived in Haverhill for the past two years before moving back to Boston, and I don't find it difficult to believe at all that New Hampshire would vote Trump. It's a nightmarish state filled with the conservative/libertarian idiots that commute 90+ minutes to Boston every day rather than live in TAXACHUSETTS. I'm almost surprised it was polling as far toward Clinton as it had been.

Still doesn't matter, but seriously gently caress New Hampshire. Except the white mountains and the state liquor stores.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

cant cook creole bream posted:

I knew that, but still.
An electoral tie with Clinton losing a few swing states by less than 0.5 percent, while winning the popular vote, only for Trump to get the presidency from Congress would be the perfect finale to this goddamn election season. Your Democracy would literally be over after that.
If this happens, I will die. I will crumble away into a pile of dust and when a door opens, it will blow my ashes into the cold November winds.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

alpha_destroy posted:

I'm really concerned with how ballot measures are presented. For example in Missouri we have a ballot measure that is presented more or less like this: should we raise a tax on tobacco and use that money to fund education?

Yesterday I got an email from the MNEA telling me to vote that tax down because what it does it set up a unelected board to oversee the allocation of education funding ( i assume only the funding related to the tax) and also allows public tax money (I hope only that specific money but who knows) to go to private and religious schools.

I know people will be like "it's on the voter to inform themselves" but... I'm just annoyed because it feels dishonest to hide poo poo parts of these things when we're voting to amend our Constitution.

In Jersey we have something like this in regards to a gas tax and I have no real clue how to vote for it.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Mazed posted:

So Deneb is Putin?
What? No, Deneb represents the financial sector. Christ dude, it's like you've never even played the game before.

Trump's campaign represents a newbie playing Ogre Battle, trying to overcome everything with the central figurehead, which seems like a strong option as you sweep the field clean of early, lesser would-be leaders but ultimately sows the seeds of its own destruction because it undermines broader support and robs you of the power alliances bring.

Meanwhile, nobody trusts Hillary because you just know she's going to trade the holy blade to a demon lord when she gets the chance. We're well on our way to the darkest ending by now.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Republicans basically came home because they're terrible people who would vote for loving Hitler.

loving Republicans.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

cant cook creole bream posted:

Historically, Ohio votes for the candidate which promises to make the most change, so Ohio becomes less like Ohio.

If people in Ohio think it's turned into such a garbage state that they'd vote for Donald loving Trump just to shake things up, why don't they loving move to someplace that isn't a shithole?

"My state is terrible! Instead of doing the sensible thing and leaving because I don't like where I live, I'm going to sit here and bitch like an impotent sack of poo poo!"

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

alpha_destroy posted:

There's only so much room they reasonably have to explain those initiatives, though. In your case, it's not the facts of the measure that are even in dispute (unless it's worded really badly, it's not like the money isn't going to education), only the specifics of the implementation. There comes a point where you have to stop before the voters just get lost in the weeds.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PT6A posted:

If people in Ohio think it's turned into such a garbage state that they'd vote for Donald loving Trump just to shake things up, why don't they loving move to someplace that isn't a shithole?

"My state is terrible! Instead of doing the sensible thing and leaving because I don't like where I live, I'm going to sit here and bitch like an impotent sack of poo poo!"

Many people can not afford to move somewhere else. The ones who can do leaving the people least capable of dealing with lovely situations in a shittier situation.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

PT6A posted:

Old white people hate to move.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Grouchio posted:

1. Why is Trump now leading in Ohio?
This might help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr3ftmvO7Oc

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

alpha_destroy posted:

This is the entire story of Florida's Amendment 1, but add in state Supreme Court Justices allowing the lovely language to pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

As long as Trump loses we've gotten all we can out of this election. I hate 2016 so much.

• Locked thread