Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Hail Satan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Harik posted:

Oh man, the "But WiFi might actually be bad, you guys" Stein defender escaped their dogpile by the bell.

Appreciate the thread title, I've been hoping that's what this clusterfuck would end on.

Hopefully they come back like measles did. Except without the suffering.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Fun fact: 114k died from measles in 2014 while it took ten years to kill 175k in Iraq (seriously just googled "how many died in Iraq" to get that number).

Jill Stein gives zero fucks about those measles deaths as a result of supporting antivaxx bullshit.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Mixodorian posted:

This is my point : would Jill stein, in hillarys shoes, have made the same choices to resulted in human suffering and loss of life? I don't think so... So why does being a goofy hippy within reasonable parameters make her crazy? It's all I ever hear about her and I really don't see how it's anything worth worrying about.

All she said is "we don't know if wifi is harmful and let's keep it away from our kids til we do" the science says we aren't for sure yet, even tho I really doubt it's dangerous. This is what's supposed to lead me to believe that she's a worse candidate than Hillary?

Did you get MMR as a child? You should ask your chiropractor to check for vaccine injury.

Translation: learn to loving read someone up thread answered that for you.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Mixodorian posted:

Holy poo poo hahahahaha. So being anti vax was fine til 2010? I think a lot of people owe that McCarthy lady an apology.

This would work if Jill Stein was anti vax, but you know she definitely isn't lol.

At least you play the part of pseudoscience woooloolooo believer really well: ignore all data and go with what you believe.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Mixodorian posted:

Na, Stein only said she didn't want to ignore her constituents that felt that way. She went on to say she is pro-vaccine and they are important in modern healthcare.

The correct action is to correct then ignore constituents that feel that way. Those constituents are actively harming society. They deserve no pity if they choose to ignore the mountains of evidence saying they're full of poo poo.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Besides, Stein probably has access to pubmed. That's all any science-respecting person needs to show vaccines are safe and effective.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Mixodorian posted:

Yeah, I agree with this line of thought. Sadly, it doesn't work in reality. The people that would've been off put by a Hillary/Warren ticket or Hillary/Latino or Booker ticket shouldn't be catered to either, and yet we got the white catholic so no one got scared of the diversity.

Hillary bad! She politician! She compromised on Catholic white dude!!!!!!! Waaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt here and not even saying she's a pseudoscience woooloolooo priestess even though she is, too.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I work graves so I'm sleepily walking down to the local church/polling station after my nights watch ends next week.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Ohhh whooping cough, or pertussis, is a great easily preventable disease. Like measles, the younger you are the worse you get. It's called whooping cough because children infected cough so much their diaphragm struggles to flex so they can breathe. Sort of like that last rep where you drop the barbell on your chest. Unlike doing the roll of shame to get the bar off your chest, the child just suffocates because their diaphragm literally cannot function due to coughing so much.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Oh sweet the Freepers back.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Good strategy, demonize anyone who doesn't agree with you by throwing labels at them. That worked out really well for you guys bashed a trans woman with racist, sexist, transphobic comments & intentional misgendering for 30 pages because they didn't agree with your political views yesterday.

Na I just demonize people who post on freep.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

canepazzo posted:

I guess, indeed, "check out sex tape"

https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/793310080699658240

(not buying this one, too much even for this loving election)

Yeah please don't be true. Hillary and the Senate are fine winning on their own. Being true means there exists a trump sex tape. No one wants that.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
We could just apply the don't touch the poop guideline in the freep thread to corn cob. No real difference.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Spoondick posted:

I'm going to bold everything I write because it makes my posts look really important. Unfortunately if everyone else does it too it won't work any longer, which is why I'm researching ways to post in 8pt font.

(((Talk like this instead.)))

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Crazy Ted posted:

We secretly added an extra seven days to October in order to fit in more surprises.

Aligns with baseball in November too.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

We're alright my goon. Hillary's got this and Senates in a good spot too. Deep breath. Seven days.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Yeah for sure the best thing we all can do here is vote and encourage like-minded pals to vote too.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Deified Data posted:

Well if we were going to get an oppo bomb it'd be this morning at the latest. I guess there's nothing then. Nothing left to do but wait out the clock and hope our lead holds.

It'll hold my friend.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Too bad we'll never know how Sanders v Trump would have went because Sanders lost.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I like the 30 years of clinton baggage argument. GOP did an amazing job dragging her through mud covered in rusty razors.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Augus posted:

If you unskew the polls you will find that they really say you should surrender yourself to lucifer and write-in a pentagram on your ballot.
It's the weirdest thing.

So vote for Hillary?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

fadam posted:

Seeing the gap on the 538 win percentage narrow every time I check the site is really bumming me out.

Check PEC then.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Nessus posted:

Do y'all happen to have a Senate race, by any chance? How's that polling?

Mike Crapo isn't going anywhere.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Top of Google is baseball.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
They forgot to include in their letter that the $150mil has to be delivered using only sacks with dollar signs on them.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
It's mostly the tracking polls people call bullshit on.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Trump isn't winning you stupid fucks.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Freakazoid_ posted:

welp looks like hillary's gonna win, guess that means I can vote third party without feeling bad about it :)

No you're an rear end in a top hat for it.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
You vote to run up the score on a fascist.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
His model accounts for an event equivalent to Hillary performing a partial birth abortion on live TV.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Libertine posted:

Or the fact that the election rests on a handful of swing states that keep polling back and forth between the candidates and the overall polling this election has been wildly erratic. The no tossup electoral map on RCP right now is 273-265 Clinton. If you think a one-state single digit EV margin = 99-100% chance of victory then I'm not sure what to say at all really. I live in a double-digit (R) state so I don't really have much of a say in this election; but the people who are predicting a roman triumph for Clinton are insane to me.

I'm quoting you because you were the last serious post not as an insult or anything.

Ok.

Holy gently caress you guys calm the gently caress down and have some fun on this victory lap. Clinton's winning you stupid fucks. Also go vote.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I've just been following PEC and basing my victory lap conditions on that.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
A wins still a win my friends. Hopefully she takes the Senate too and can nominate the reanimated corpse of FDR.

Trump's own Tower circle jerk is banking on winning PA of all states.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

cant cook creole bream posted:

What's this about anyway? There were some allusions to this title in the last thread too.

I can't vote now either.

Shouldn't have killed that hooker.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

FactsAreUseless posted:

Stein voters, mostly.

loving Big Iron Lung lobby.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Kilroy posted:

So Hillary's probably going to win but there's definitely no oppo bomb? Is that right?

What happened there? I was sure there was going to be a racial slur on tape or something from the Hillary camp, or failing that some fruit borne of all those people with archives of Trump on the Apprentice or Howard Stern or whatever, who were feverishly looking through them in hopes of paydirt after the Alicia Machado thing and PussyGate.

This isn't :derp: so much as it's just, I don't know - disappointed I guess, if you can be "disappointed" one of the candidates for President wasn't caught on tape with his finger in a twelve year-old or whatever.

Now that you mention it... yeah the gently caress? I want my oppo bomb.

Maybe Hillary was too busy watching the CUBS WIN IT ALL to give the nod.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is this seriously the second year in a row that right wingers have had a collective aneurism over a goddamn Starbucks cup?

Keep at it, Starbucks.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
It's way simpler than that even. Bill O'Reilly told them there's a war on Christmas and by gawd they'll fight that imaginary war. :freep:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Libertine posted:

I'm starting to feel like New Hampshire, Colorado, and Nevada are going to be the most supremely important states. All of them are polling really tight (basically within the margin of error) and all three kind of have uniquely weird electorates.

I think Clinton will win Penn, Virginia, Wisconsin and Trump will win Florida, North Carolina, Ohio, and Iowa. Puts them both at ~260. If either of them lose any of the states off of that list they are in deep poo poo. If she closes out any of Trump's must-win states early then I'm pretty confident you could call the rest of the election. Trump has had like one good poll in Penn but I don't think he can win it, Clinton has had some good polls in Florida and she might win it.

Would like to see some more polls on NH/CO/NV.

Clinton's winning NC my friend.

• Locked thread