Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
can you make two giant logs smash together like in star wars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

or when dome kid rings your doorbell, a giant boulder busts through the door, like indiana jones

then you can calmly walk out after the boulder, and say "ding dong ditch that" :smug:

You might accidentally take out some jehovah's witnesses or pizza dudes instead, but those are just bonuses, one of which leaves you with free pizza

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

paul_soccer10 posted:

im reading this

You should It's a good article that will become v useful v soon

Edit: new strategies for a new page

NLF_and_PAVN_battle_tactics

quote:

This capability to adapt was crucial when facing new technology, such as US helicopters. Several studies were conducted on how to combat the menace from above, and aiming and firing procedures were worked out for a variety of weapons, such as heavy machine guns. In one Viet Cong publication, shooting 1½ lengths ahead of the aircraft was deemed satisfactory for striking vital engine parts.[1] Firing tables were also constructed and disseminated for different types of US aircraft. Countermeasures, including use of trenches and mines were also published for such armored vehicles as the M-113 personnel carrier, which was often devastating to VC formations when first introduced.[1]

The NVA/VC forces did not only study the technology of their enemies but their operations as well, looking for weaknesses to exploit. American activities were sometimes left unmolested so vulnerable patterns could be identified and analyzed. American "surround and pound" tactics for example could sometimes be predictable. At the Battle of Ong Thanh for example, heavy American airstrikes were called in to hit a bunker complex, which was then predictably followed by US "mop up" operations the next day. The American "mop up" forces fell into a deadly prepared ambush, with Viet Cong fighters inflicting heavy casualties.[8] Excessively hovering helicopters were also a tip-off as to possible landing zones. Taking predictable routes and trails also opened up ARVN/American opponents to casualties via booby traps, mines and ambushes. American air strikes were sometimes ground-marked several minutes in advance, giving People's Army units enough time to evacuate an area or prepare for ambushes. American smoke marking practices were also studied, and communist troops sometimes became adept at imitating the color-coded smoke grenades the Americans used to signal air strikes or helicopter landings.[9] This intensive study and exploitation never ceased, and lessons learned were disseminated to other PAVN/VC formations.

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 1, 2016

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Enfield posted:

can you make two giant logs smash together like in star wars

My wife's cooking chili tonight so, yeah!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Smash it Smash hit posted:

My wife's cooking chili tonight so, yeah!

I thought you said you didn't want to kill children

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I thought you said you didn't want to kill children

Collateral damage :twisted:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
use napalm, or as we called it back in nam, birth control

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.
replace every blade of grass in your yard with deadly snakes

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
i just put up a trespassers will be shot on site sign now i have a hobby and a security system

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Bananana posted:

I'm playing battlefield 1

I want it but its expensive

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
Large one-way trap cages baited with things the local kids enjoy. When you get home, just take them down to the end of the street and set them free for a humane trapping experience. Also make sure that trail mix and water bottles are in the traps in case you don't plan on being home for a while!

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

paul_soccer10 posted:

I want it but its expensive

Caltrops and razorwire are dirt cheap. You can even make some yourself with empty beer bottles? Wheres your money going?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Probably drugs like those darn kids that try to smoke bones in my tool
Shed smdh

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Shed smdh

By god at least them dang kids ain't whacking it in your tool shed

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Shed smdh

Smoking bones sound like a euphemism for sucking dick.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

The Bananana posted:

Smoking bones sound like a euphemism for sucking dick.

what about roasting a bone

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Just put up a sign that says "EXTRA HOMEWORK" and the kids will instinctively keep back.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Ork of Fiction posted:

Just put up a sign that says "EXTRA HOMEWORK" and the kids will instinctively keep back.

Um yeah, and instead attract NERDS!!!!

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Free lunch money for life? Sounds like a good deal 2 me.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Sir, what I would do is go up into the mountains and get yourself a bobcat or a mountain lion. Make sure you get a big one!

Now, stun it, don't kill it! Then strap it to your car and bring it home.

Then what you do is get a truckload of sand, alright? Be careful with that sand. Then let the bobcat go.

So when those little kids come up to ring your doorbell or trample across your property, the bobcat or mountain lion goes crack happy and eats them or buries them. You can possibly get yard of the month like that since little kids make for great fertilizer!

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Anyone know where I can find some videos of chicks loving

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

subhuman filth posted:

Anyone know where I can find some videos of chicks loving

the internet, that's what it's there for :grin:

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Barb wire makes for a good bicep tattoo

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Barb wire makes for a good bicep tattoo

oh gently caress yeah thinking about getting it on my right arm and call that "BARBra" and get some razor wire on the other and call it "ClANcy"

:smug:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

oh gently caress yeah thinking about getting it on my right arm and call that "BARBra" and get some razor wire on the other and call it "ClANcy"

:smug:

No you are supposed to wrap barbed wire around your bicep and exercise for a few hours. the resulting scarring is your "barbed wire" tattoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

TheLightPurges posted:

No you are supposed to wrap barbed wire around your bicep and exercise for a few hours. the resulting scarring is your "barbed wire" tattoo.

oh sorry im new here.

• Locked thread