Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

I've actually managed to enjoy AssCreed over the years but gently caress III.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oddium posted:

stux is good, and not actually your friend

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is Invisible Inc good, they're putting it on PS+

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mak0rz posted:

A new computer and/or a PS4
Unless your pc is ancient it should still run, doom is crazy well optimized

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

invisible inc is cool but i didn't get too involved with the upgrade system

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Help Im Alive posted:

Is Invisible Inc good, they're putting it on PS+

Yes. Yes yes yes. It's one of the best team-based tactical games out there. I've lost 50+ hours to it and its highly customizable difficulty sliders.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

MinibarMatchman posted:

haha holy poo poo I can't imagine playing a game like this. what's next, loving magic meter for your grenades and bullets?

for the record I find it hard to play overwatch after titanfall 2. not being able to clamber around everywhere and everything and also slide is a bummer. Dishonored 2 and TF2 make me want every FPS to have a slide function.

Just stick to Lucio and pretend you're still playing the same gsme

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Captain Invictus posted:

Unless your pc is ancient it should still run, doom is crazy well optimized

It's a laptop.

It can run New Vegas on max settings so I dunno. It does have trouble running AC: Brotherhood on most non-toaster settings, though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mak0rz posted:

A new computer and/or a PS4

You're not missing much. Bulletstorm is a better version of what this game is going for, and probably way cheaper to play

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Invisible Inc is fantastic.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

I liked 3, but I think I am a major exception to the audience. I liked exploring the wilderness area, and the animal crossing bullshit at the homestead, and petting every animal in the cities. The cities themselves were total rear end, though.

I did enjoy when Ben Franklin gives his prepared speech about loving older women to Hatham Kenway during the prologue.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Invisible Inc is fantastic.

It's been on my list for a while, And now for free.99? Muy beuno, looking forward to checking it out.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Enter the Gungeon is the most disappointing game of 2016

Nah, it was Enter the No. 9 Man's Sky.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is Recore available for like 9 dollars yet, I'm kinda curious about it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

In Training posted:

Is Recore available for like 9 dollars yet, I'm kinda curious about it.

It was on sale on the Microsoft Store for $15 on Black Friday, you probably just missed it.

But then there's also a 30 minute trial you can get, too.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Phantasium posted:

But then there's also a 30 minute trial you can get, too.

very weird to have a demo of just a loading screen

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

deadly_pudding posted:

I liked 3, but I think I am a major exception to the audience. I liked exploring the wilderness area, and the animal crossing bullshit at the homestead, and petting every animal in the cities. The cities themselves were total rear end, though.

I did enjoy when Ben Franklin gives his prepared speech about loving older women to Hatham Kenway during the prologue.

I feel the same way. I liked Connor as a protagonist.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i liked 3 enough to collect all of the feathers

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

In Training posted:

You're not missing much. Bulletstorm is a better version of what this game is going for, and probably way cheaper to play
Did you just say bulletstorm is better than doom 2016

lol

Phantasium posted:

Nah, it was Enter the No. 9 Man's Sky.
No mans sky was a hyped up impossibility and nobody thought mighty number 9 would be any good, middling at best

Enter the Gungeon shows such promise and then after a few runs you start to realize how utterly, utterly flawed and bad it is, and what wasted potential it has

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Until the grappling hook was introduced I thought ACIII's forest parkour was the freshest and maybe the best implementation the series had. They were able to make fun and seamless lines to run through as opposed to the cities where slavish devotion to the real geography and architecture often leads to a million chimneys and attic windows getting in the way and interruptions from streets.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Pirate's Creed was better than any of the other AC games and they should really just make more of those. I was so confused by them returning to landlocked cities for Unity and Syndicate.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 30, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

tropical island stuff is by far my least favorite setting so that really hurt 4 for me. on the other hand snowy new england and the adirondacks are beautiful so maybe that's why i remember liking 3.

i hope we get a lot more tall trees in red dead 2edemption

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I don't know why people hate 3 so much. Like yeah it's not great but at least it's not Revelations or Brotherhood.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

I don't know why people hate 3 so much. Like yeah it's not great but at least it's not Revelations or Brotherhood.

Considering Brotherhood is generally held up as one of the high points of the series you're not going to find a lot of agreement there.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Lobok posted:

Until the grappling hook was introduced I thought ACIII's forest parkour was the freshest and maybe the best implementation the series had. They were able to make fun and seamless lines to run through as opposed to the cities where slavish devotion to the real geography and architecture often leads to a million chimneys and attic windows getting in the way and interruptions from streets.

The recent "remaster" of AC2 tried to compensate for the slower and more methodical climbing of the older titles by cranking up your climbing speed, only it completely breaks the animation system in the process so Ezio is zipping up and down on one leg while his arms flap around. It's incredible.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Considering Brotherhood is generally held up as one of the high points of the series you're not going to find a lot of agreement there.

It's just 2 again, but with a Facebook game in it.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

oddium posted:

tropical island stuff is by far my least favorite setting so that really hurt 4 for me. on the other hand snowy new england and the adirondacks are beautiful so maybe that's why i remember liking 3.
You should play Rogue then. It's Black Flag but half winter half spring. Also it has even more wilderness than 3 but a lot better designed.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
The UI for shops, trading, etc. ALONE makes 3 one of the worst videogames I've ever played. Like, why did they suddenly decided that everything should be a picture in a weird bubble with almost not text describing what you even do on each screen, when all the screens look the same? What the gently caress even is that?

Like, Korean MMOs and mobile games have better UIs than this.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Lurdiak posted:

It's 2 with a cooler city, which is important. Gotta climb those bitchin historical buildings.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lurdiak posted:

It's 2, except you can point at a guy and whistle and an assassin leaps out of nowhere and murders them.

I remember the MP being fun as hell too, shame it isn't in the remasters.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Palpek posted:

You should play Rogue then. It's Black Flag but half winter half spring. Also it has even more wilderness than 3 but a lot better designed.

was that the really bad one

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I played it when the multiplayer was deader than Mega Man, maybe that was a big factor.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Also, I never got This War of Mine on twitch :(

Lame.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

No it isn't.

Brotherhood introduced the multiplayer to the game, had basically the only good implementation of the optional objectives system, made a lot of refinements to the gameplay and combat over AC2, and had a lot of polish due to the fact they were recycling a lot from AC2. The mechanical changes from 2 to B are actually pretty noticeable if you play them back to back. It's actually a fairly large improvement.

Meanwhile AC3 was launched in such a broken state that only AC:Unity eclipses it which alone is a pretty significant issue even if you don't go to the other things.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 30, 2016

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Guy Mann posted:

The recent "remaster" of AC2 tried to compensate for the slower and more methodical climbing of the older titles by cranking up your climbing speed, only it completely breaks the animation system in the process so Ezio is zipping up and down on one leg while his arms flap around. It's incredible.

Pretty sure this was confirmed to be bs and just polygon being polygon. The glitch you're referencing was in the original game.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

oddium posted:

No that's unity.

Or 3.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

AC2 was cool because getting caught during missions was almost never an instant fail, then they put out some miserable dlc for it that was nothing but instant fails, and then they got the people who made that dlc to make Brotherhood and they filled that with instant fails too, so I didn't like Brotherhood.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Remember, when you assassinate, you make an rear end out of I, Nate, and another rear end

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Palpek posted:

Yeah I really need to get around to playing Rogue I just haven't had time

oddium posted:

No, Rogue was the one everybody ignored because it came out only on old consoles and at the same exact time Unity came out on new consoles. Its on PC though now.

Rogue is basically a sequel to Black Flag, it has ship combat but its set back in North America instead of Carribean. Its like a mix of 3 and Black Flag that is supposed to be real good. But everybody ignored it because all the marketing by Ubisoft was on Unity, which was lovely.

The worst AC games were 3 and Unity, and the best AC games were Black Flag and Brotherhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

oddium posted:

in dungeons of dredmor it's called the dungeon collapsed and you get an achievement for it

Haha cool

• Locked thread