Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

CJacobs posted:

:siren: through the silent hill wiki I have learned that you can already play as pyramid head in a kart game and now my life is complete :siren:

Yup, he also tried out for the Olympics in 2008.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Never before has a company gone over a new feature in a patch that recalls such wistful memories from the presenter.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
You've been listening to Dem Bananas again haven't you?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Was it wrong of me to not see that someone who ran a Metal Gear Solid website for over a decade and wrote vehemently about Sons of Liberty would also believe every conspiracy about Hillary and the election?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
As long as you can convince them Namco Bandai will let anyone go wild with different uses for Pac-Man.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Okay so in addition to what I said yesterday about hardcore Metal Gear fans going beyond the pale apparently it's also voice actors from classic Konami games that are all in this conspiracy poo poo as well.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I can't believe Game Theory took down all their Smash History videos because (?) the guy who did them isn't with the channel anymore.

Those were like the only good thing about the channel.

Unless you actually like FNAF theories.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

precision posted:

Me either. I mean, Luigi is Mario's son?!

Wario is actually Mario from an alternate universe who suffered from being the host in a case of fetal resorption syndrome.

Sometime during the N64 era the fetus finally emerged from Wario fully formed, now known as Waluigi.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Today we are all SammyClassicSonicFan.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Only consoles with extremely tiny controllers for extremely tiny hands will be allowed to flourish in this new America.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

No. An abnormally strong Yen is one of the things Nintendo cited that hurt Wii U sales in North America.

Donald Trump personally singled out Japan in like all three debates as a country he was gonna punish as president.

This is his revenge for Japan taking over in the 80's...even though that was like thirty years ago he's sore about Japan buying our baseball teams and invading our nation.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

glam rock hamhock posted:

Shadow Complex is mechanically sound but it has like the most generic setting and presentation I've ever seen

I mean they spent most of their creativity budget on Advent Rising a few years prior to Shadow Complex and that didn't go anywhere.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Sam Faust posted:

What happened to WD 2 that you weren't already expecting?

I did not expect a bootleg memeface on the shirt of an antagonist because they couldn't even spring for the rights to use the original one.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I never got why some people were mad Sonic Generations included a stage from 2006, like the game about the franchise celebrating it's 20th anniversary was supposed to sweep it under the rug or something. You gotta take the good with the bad that, that's why there''s a Yoshi's Story stage in Melee y'know.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
People hated Yoshi's Story when it first came out. Haaaaaated. Not my Yoshi they'd say.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

CJacobs posted:

You also can get banned from sharing PS screenshots if you take a screenshot of the nudists and share it on PSN. Because nudity is against the rulesssssssssssssssssss

If you want to see a video of a randomly fully naked person in watch dogs 2 in an alley pissing on a wall, well here you go :nsfw:

Ubisoft say they're gonna remove the vagina texture but now it's like, what about the :dong: you can see in that video?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
We're never getting a Prey HD re-release. It'd just take too much work to iron out the issue of the various doors.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Guy Mann posted:

The MGSV art book was released today, one thing I'm really sad to find out we missed out on was a glammed-up 80s fab version of the African child soldiers.

Also Chico was actually going to be involved in some way other than having one throw-away line about his off-screen death.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

FirstAidKite posted:

It's gonna be sorta kinda funny when skylanders dies off and his kids grows out of it. The guy who runs that channel has 833 vids alone of just him doing skylanders stuff (idk how many vids his other non-skylanders accounts have) and idk how I'd feel if a good portion of my childhood was filmed and put online by my dad attempting to be really funny but just coming off as cringeworthy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EniJHgfHdQc

His kids are already growing out of it.

That's why they've been making new kids.

Can you imagine the therapy someone is going to go through when they talk to their therapist about how the only reason their parents had them was to get more money and views on the family YouTube channel? That you only came into existence for that primary reason.

On a similar tangent does anyone else remember how there was a kid like twelve years ago that all the gaming publications did stories about because he was super good at Halo 2? And the dad was always a part of those interviews going on about they've got a documentary in the works and all sorts of sponsorship deals lined up. But things didn't progress fast enough and when you're trying to make content based on the marketability of your child I guess there's an expiration date on when you can cash in it because nothing ever came of it as soon as the "Wow this baby is really good at video games." factor was no longer there.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I mean dude it probably is because they're a sponsor I mean Reggie is listed right there on the dumb "Advisory Board" and they probably have some dumb exclusive to show off however meaningless it is so like I said a few days ago it's...kindaaaa weird there's only fan games in the category in the first place considering the nominees in previous years have been...not fan games.

Also at the end of the day I think concerning fan games it's always gonna be the fact that they're (unfortunately?) still hardware developers and that "Our console/handheld is the only place to play with all these franchises" line is probably still important to them even if nobody else does it anymore with even Microsoft having dual releases on the PC now. And having fan games (that you can just get on your PC) getting more and more publicity than ever before really blurs the invisible line they were comfortable having in years past.

Edit: And even if it's true when you say that, "This fan game is even better than what they're making GBS threads out now a days." it's still probably not a very smart thing to say so loud, so often.

I do notice while people will say this regarding AM2R very few actually will regarding Uranium in comparison to X/Y and more recently Sun and Moon. Like it's a lot harder to make the case there.

Viewtiful Jew fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Nov 21, 2016

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Grapplejack posted:

I mean Samus is depicted in AM2R as a total badass and not a blowup doll so I can see why sakamoto wanted it removed at least

I know this is a joke but a lot of people these days seem like they legit believe the actual developers of the official games back in Japan are the ones who are telling the various legal teams around the world to do lovely stuff.

Which again plays into a good narrative but doesn't make a lot of sense when we're talking about franchises not named Metroid.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ImpAtom posted:

That's Miyamoto, not Sakamoto. Easy mistake to make.

Activist fans start a movement to make SEGA refuse to let Sonic appear in any future Smash Bros. games until Nintendo recants on their anti-consumerist ways. Miyamoto is quoted as saying, "Fine I never liked the blue poo poo hanging out with Mario anyway."

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

FirstAidKite posted:

I guarantee they have their own hamchat for curse words

The Resetti-esque one definitely had his own Ham-swears.

Probably had his own stash of Ham-booze as well.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Quest For Glory II posted:

apparently the AAA game industry is having a little bit of a crisis right now. according to PAL charts, Watch Dogs 2 sold only 20% of what Watch Dogs 1 sold in the same timeframe from launch. Similarly, Mankind Divided sold half of what Human Revolution sold, Gears of War 4 sold 25% of what GOW3 sold, Titanfall 2 sold 25% of what Titanfall 1 sold, Infinite Warfare sold half of what the last COD sold. Remember this is not "(X) launch week vs. (Y) lifetime sales" but "(X) sales after (Z) days vs (Y) sales after (Z) days"

maybe companies should consider releasing games outside of the last two months of the year just because of Black Friday

DOOM sold well for example and it was not a holiday game. but meanwhile Skyrim Remastered is outselling Watch Dogs 2 currently lol

How are Toys To Life games doing?

Oh. Oh no.

I think we killed another golden goose, guys.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Bicyclops posted:

The spider is definitely the hardest boss in Mega Man X. I can beat like three stages without taking damage but I sometimes still have to use a sub-tank when I fight the spider.

The spider is there to train you for a lifetime of other Japanese games that have that same similar mechanic.

It's like, that spider-web thing and then ice floor puzzles were the two things that seemed to transcend companies and even genres.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

FirstAidKite posted:

I was browsing netflix and saw this

Wow that is an unfortunate name

Look at that, only lasted one season.

Even Totally Spies beat that.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Palpek posted:

You can add your own category. Don't forget to add 'Wooooah duuuude' at the beginning though to keep with the naming theme.

Which award does Hatred win?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The fake Miyamoto twitter account that steals memes from innocent babies has finally been suspended.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

CJacobs posted:

Yet another example of nintendo removing beloved fan works, smh :(

Oh man I really hope people don't actually try to say this was the real reason.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

CJacobs posted:

Someone is going to. Maybe not here, but it will happen! Does anyone know the real reason why it was suspended?

He stole a lot of posts from people, a lotta memes. But it was mostly when it got personal that people starting actively disliking the account. It got to a point where you'd see someone post something on their feed, a screenshot from a game or a picture of the actual person's dog looking at something I don't know and then a little while later he'd just repost the content without credit, type "WHO THE HELL DID THIS?" and rake in the likes and retweets.

Don't be pretending that's your dog looking at a thing man.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Searching for videos of people unboxing their Black Friday hauls has paid off in FUNKO POP brand despair.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I haven't checked for a while lemme see if Censored Gaming are still being dumb.

quote:

In a recent NES Classic Edition interview with Balloon Fight's Yoshio Sakamoto, Nintendo removed all mentions of alcohol in the English translation. Alcohol references are removed a total of 3 times.

Yeah they still being dumb.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Looper posted:

I just saw Moana and it was really really loving pretty and also the movie was good too

love dwayne the rock johnson

Man it would have been cool to have a Wind Waker-esque Moana game out in time for the movie, but it just wasn't meant to be. At least we have these few seconds of footage.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Phantasium posted:

Her work is always good, frankly.

She kinda played it too safe with her Tetris Type-A remix for Smash, but then again it was because it was so easy to listen to that I would always pick it over Takada's Type-B remix, which I like only recently in the last few years finally came to have an appreciation for.

To this day nobody dares remix Type-C for some reason. It is seemingly the cursed Type.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I'm preemptively saying sorry for making a crack some time ago about how if MVC4 happens this gen Disney and Marvel would probably ask Capcom to gut out all the X-men.

I didn't think it'd actually happen like that:

quote:

Fans of the series should expect Marvel vs. Capcom 4's roster of Marvel characters to draw strongly from the cinematic universe that Marvel Studios has popularized — and has full control over — during the past decade. That means fighting game fans will more likely see characters plucked from The Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy films, and not from properties like the X-Men. Expect to see superheroes like Ant-Man and Groot make appearances, with characters of mutant origin — think Wolverine and Magneto — sitting out this entry.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I'm not necessarily gonna say to pour one out for Skylanders and the Toys To Life genre as a whole right now, but with new developments rumored I'd say, keep a bottle handy just in case.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

precision posted:

Played FF15 for 5 hours straight this morning

it's good...

Is the Soundtrack Radio good? Does it truly have every FF song ever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Quest For Glory II posted:

raving rabbids

also if you got the itch.io A Good Bundle they just added Nuclear Throne to it (no steam key)

I said it before but I wholeheartedly welcome the bizarre Rabbids x Mario game if the main thesis behind the game is that the rabbids are a toxic contagion as characters and now wish to infect the entire gaming universe.

• Locked thread