Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soral
May 30, 2009

oddium posted:

first the separation of vinny and jeff, then the loss of austin. they need to get mary kish on board either coast. and austin back

austins soul was ejected frm his body at high speed and he collapsed into a lifeless heap on the sidewalk after he joined vice. im sorry. hes not coming back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

heard from a very reliable source reggie was furious that federation force didn't get any nominations but a metroid fan game was up for an award so he sent a very angry 3 am phone call to geoff keighley demanding either federation force win an award or am2r be removed. geoff made the right call in my opinion

Soral
May 30, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Other companies are cool about it because they have actual reasons to be. Valve has a vested interest in people promoting their engines and service and in monetizing those fan creations. No poo poo they're more permissive about it. They're not doing it because they ~~love the fans so much~~

It's tiresome seeing people pretend like companies care the smallest iota about them and are 'nice' to them because they love video games. They don't. They want your money. If they felt a fan work seriously offered a risk at getting your money they would shut it down in a second. Pointing at other companies and going "They do it! Why doesn't (X)" should be met with "So why do those other companies do it?" And if anyone unironically gives the answer of "because they like their fans" then they deserve to be laughed at.

i dont think anyone is actually saying any of these faceless megacorporations are nice guys, but that it is nice when they treat fan games in certain ways, my dude. also your av loving sucks

Soral
May 30, 2009

me, an avid video game fan: i like that i can play and enjoy this fan made creation
guy with an avatar i hate: uhh, you idiot. you loving moron. corporations are literally hitlers
me: im sorry. im removing the rom's from my hard drive. i'm sorry

Soral
May 30, 2009

those people are gaslighting you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Yes, that is... a logical reading of anything anyone said in this conversation?

i have problems understanding hyperbole in posts that are obviously not serious as well.

• Locked thread