Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Palpek posted:

Word on the street is that Titanfall 2 owns, anybody played it? I still have BF1 to play so I don't know why I'm asking but hey.

It does own. SP is short but it's up there with Do4m's campaign and does a lot of fun, varied stuff. Much more Half Life/Portal than COD. And multiplayer is even better than the first game's, imo and has a lot of new toys to play with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hey Games, we should have a screenshot thread again, imo. I won`t make it though, I`m more of an Ideas Guy.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

I said come in! posted:

Because I won't buy EA's Boring Gimmick 2, and Generic Competitive Shooter with a war history twist? My time and money are better spent elsewhere. At best I would rather play Shadow Warrior 2 and want to.

If only more games used Titanfall 2's gimmick of "being really loving good."

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So is there a hard cutoff age for knowing or caring about Pokemon? It was my everything as a kid, but I'm listening to an animation episode of We Hate Movies where they're talking about an episode from the show and they barely even know that it was a game first, and only have the slightest inkling of what a Pokeman even is. The WHM guys are only about 5 years older than me, 32 or 33, but they're completely ignorant about something I'd always assumed had fully entered the collective unconsciousness.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

PantsBandit posted:

It's really good. Pc version leaves something to be desired but they weren't joking when they said "Dishonored, but better".
Uh oh, how so?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Jay Rust posted:

Here's a literal transcription of a conversation between two guards in dishonoured 1:

"Boy, the guy Corvo was sent to kill sure is eeeeeevil, isn't he?"
"Yup!"
"Yikes!"

Wow!

Should we gather for whiskey and cigars tonight?

Yes, I believe so.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't know who this is but hopefully I can stop him before it's too late

Yeah, it's kind of obnoxious.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

deadly_pudding posted:

Sorry, Mordja and others, it's kind of a thing now.
Internet's got the attention span of a gnat; I'll wait it out.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Palpek posted:

Good to hear you're enjoying it! IMO Twin Peaks goes downhill after the murderer reveal not only because of the big secret being out but because of the overall quality of the writing going down. However even then it's still a really enjoyable series if you have a soft spot for small-town shenaningas (I do). It does come back it its former glory closer to the end.

I still liked it because it's still bizarre as hell but yeah, there's a hard turn there. I'm probably the only person who doesn't hate the Windom Earle stuff though, but who on earth could care about James Hurley? It's got a hell of an ending though, and I really need to watch FWwM one of these days.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah, gently caress that poo poo. It also automatically turns on streaming functionality when you launch a game too. Oh yeah, are their latest drivers still broken or have they fixed them yet?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Re: AAA sales, I've heard part of it is that companies are now factoring in the long-tail a lot more than first week nowadays so maybe not all doom & gloom.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Guy Mann posted:

Between Brigador going more than 50% off and Infinifactory being on the BTA tier of the Humble Bundle this has been a hell of a month for indie devs who stubbornly swore they'd never, ever go on sale crumbling in record time.

Yeah! gently caress 'em!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
cat drunk. so what

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
My thanksgiving was over a month ago but nobody made a fuss about it then!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

FirstAidKite posted:

You should've said something, happy late thanksgiving!!

Lol, tbf nobody gives a gently caress about Canada. Not even us.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

LawfulWaffle posted:

These sales are killing me. In the last week I've grabbed Titanfall 2, AC: Syndicate, Mad Max, XCom 2, Jackbox Party Pack 3, Jazzpunk, and Trackmania Turbo, and that's just for the PS4 and to fill the gap until FFXV. I grabbed Brigador(?) on Steam and.that seems like good fun once I wrap my mind around the controls. Is it worth learning the game pad controls for it, or is m&kb fine?

It's best played on m&kb using default tank controls, if you can get used to it.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Looks like Titanfall 2's gonna be having a free trial in a couple days, I encourage anyone who hasn't already to try the game out.

Daztek posted:

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/free-multiplayer-trial/

Titanfall 2 will host a free trial of the game's full multiplayer offering. The trial* will begin for EA Access and Origin Access members on November 30th, and become available for all players starting December 2nd on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Origin for PC. This will feature a full offering including all maps, modes, weapons and more including brand new content from Angel City’s Most Wanted DLC on December 3rd.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

bloodychill posted:

stux: no it's the opposite

This but unironically.

Wait.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Help Im Alive posted:

I wonder if an online shooter version of Vanquish would be cool

Titanfall 2 is very cool, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Palpek posted:

shoot those freaky guillotine-guns

Looked it up and was supremely disappointed to learn that it's "just" a grenade launcher. :(

• Locked thread