Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ROLLING STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART

Great Joe posted:

OH WHAT THE HELL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEFTxxbkUtA

WHY IS THE GAMES INDUSTRY LIKE A HUNDRED CHRISTMASSES RIGHT NOW?

wait what

is this april fools

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FirstAidKite posted:

Hey planet coaster comes out this month, anybody excited for that? I am :D
What's a planet coaster

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

precision posted:

I wanna be an XCOM, wouldn't it be funny to make a sniper with horrible accuracy :v:
permission for anyone to put me in XCOM and kill me horribly is granted

especially considering I wouldn't even ask permission, in your place

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

corn in the bible posted:

Meanwhile Crashcat can't hit someone right next to her

Uh I was quite clearly marked as Berserker, character doesn't look nearly angry enough in that picture

I almost picked up Falling Skies at Walmart one day so I'm curious just how terrible it is (very)

FirstAidKite posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LAxbARqJoE

The RCT3 people are putting out a new rollercoaster tycoon game except it isn't called rollercoaster tycoon
:aaaaa:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

poo poo Mongoose reporting in

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

where does The Ballad Of Gay Tony fit

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

devtesla posted:

I didn't expect the goofy graph that called pokemon gay would generate discussion over its accuracy
I assumed the big question mark was their big social statement, of course someone has to take that bait

Andrast posted:

MGS3 is definitely far too low on the gay scale in that graph
I see you believe love can bloom even on a battlefield

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Zaphod42 posted:

Luckily more and more devs are realizing that paid map packs are a terrible idea, so 'season passes' should be more about single player DLC or fancy gun skins. The latter of which you can always live without, and the former of which is more like an optional expansion than something you're really missing out for not having.
It doesn't help that in the past a map "pack" has been one map, maybe two if you're lucky. Hard to get excited over that

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lizard Wizard posted:

Has anyone heard from StrixNebulosa since last night's mission? :ohdear:
you can't cover it up, we know what you did, spike kid

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Robot Wendigo posted:

I got through my first Hatsune Miku song on Normal so I thought I'd tell the world
that game is so hard :(

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Bicyclops posted:

I found this thread, and post, in the Goldmine that made my day much better, because I actually laughed so hard I teared up a little:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3795534&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post465806235

Video games are great.
won't someone think of the cows :ohdear:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ysnwcmedpk

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Golden Goat posted:

I don't know what's happening in this.

Also I don't know what's happening in your new av.
i'm about to light some fools on fire, what's to know

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

he should have built a wall

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Snak posted:

Mariokart certain has a premise. The premise is "the characters from Mario games race each other".

Tic Tac Toe has no premise.
i don't appreciate this erasure of the tensions between X and O

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

glam rock hamhock posted:

On that note, I also find it really funny that Ubi is apparently really confused that the number for WatchDogs2 preorders are so low meaning they completely did notice the thing where literally everyone was disappointed with the last game after an incredible amount of hype.
Didn't it sell alright though? I thought I read it did fine and that's why we were all dreading the series continuing as idiots continue to buy it

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

LawfulWaffle posted:

There was a Watch_Dogs2 ad I saw on YouTube and it was a bunch of short clips of nothing much happening (running, jumping, being shot at) and it ended with the line "Hack Everything". But there was no hacking being done in the trailer. I think it starts with the new protagonist bragging about all his superpowers but that he just uses a phone, but in none of the gameplay footage did they show that part of the game. If I didn't know better, I'd think it was a cover based shooter and have no idea what makes it special.

I never played WD1 and I'm not going to play WD2. It doesn't move the needle for me at all.
Nothing makes it special. Well that's not entirely true, in the first one you had the camera-chain type of puzzles which was unusual, but it was largely ignorable and often annoying where it was used. Now it's more likely to be like the rest of the game where instead of "press X to do thing" it's "press X to do thing but your guy uses his phone to do it ha ha isn't that novel"

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

devtesla posted:

It's not even really coming back, it's just a pre-recorded phone system.
and only for a couple days, and during certain hours, and basically they should have just made it a website but they were going for a cheap buzz

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Phantasium posted:

That's an oddly specific price to be mad about when nothing has been announced.

Like yeah if they're all $60 that's bullshit. But I'd like to think enough episodic things have come out at decent pricepoints that they wouldn't try that.
On the other hand, this is the company that charges $20 for mobile games

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Empress Brosephine posted:

can someone explain to me why twitch is so popular. i just dont understand watching people play games long form i guess :shrug:
Just like TV, if you don't find the right channel it's not entertaining

Find someone you find funny or who has a particular talent like speedrunners, or plays obscure stuff that you can't get (shoutouts to Macaw45) and it can be pretty entertaining. Though to be fair you could get the same out of Youtube videos, you just wouldn't get to interact with each other and the host

I'll also use it to get an impression of new games sometimes since I can pop in somewhere in the middle without having to scroll through a bunch of videos, plus I can ask a question and I have a general idea of how competent the people I follow are and who will be putting in more effort

I don't tend to like the massively popular channels where they scroll too fast to chat, but there are even a couple of those on my list since they're entertaining.

Real hurthling! posted:

people get lonely or whatever and want to not only watch someone play games but also interact with them so they feel important and part of the show so they do this by spoiling surprises, spamming what to do if someone gets stuck, and paying to have their name pop up with a sound effect to get noticed.
Kids do love that, most of the channels I frequent have no-backseating rules and try to keep the sounds unobtrusive. The ones with giant loud full screen alerts I can't stand to watch

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Zaphod42 posted:

Basically they realized that simply updating the graphics on FFVII wouldn't satisfy the fans, so they're instead making a huge insane fan-dream version of FFVII where every little screen is a huge, massively detailed map that you can freely run around and explore and fight enemies with Kingdom Hearts / FFXV style real-time melee combat stuff.

Its a gigantic undertaking. We'll see how they end up pricing the episodes, but if they remake all of FFVII on that scale, its going to end up being over a hundred hours long easy.
Jesus, it was enough of a slog to get out of Midgar before, I don't think I can handle it as an entire game

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lizard Wizard posted:

I think I'm just gonna start over tomorrow. :negative:
Oh no you don't, you see this wreck out to the bitter end :colbert:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Guy Mann posted:

Somebody at Atari was really sold on that Pac-Man design.
where the gently caress did they sell these cause all I had was this boring poo poo

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Trackmania VR patch is tomorrow and I can't loving wait

Gonna play and listen to election coverage at the same time until the whole apartment is covered in vomit

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

tap my mountain posted:

From is done doing medieval stuff and I'm glad. I hope whatever they got cooking for the Switch has giant robots
From also lies a lot about what they're done doing

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Guy Mann posted:

You can block games with certain keywords from showing up on the front page, block Early Access/VR titles, and you no longer have to scroll past all the curator groups to get to the sales so it's a win-win in terms of getting rid of the two most annoying things about the old storefront.
finally, all anime can be banned from the world

i suppose they should make an anime-only version in the spirit of fairness though

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Buca di Bepis posted:

How do I get it to block the bad anime and leave Metal Gear alone

no problem, there won't be any more good Metal Gear on Steam

Phantasium posted:

I still know what the heck anime is supposed to mean outside of literally Japanese cartoons.
I'm sure there are some literally Japanese cartoons that people don't consider anime

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

:roflolmao:

goddamnit thanks Microsoft, this is just the comedy we need, tonight especially

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

VideoGames posted:

If it is like the Vita but amped up
What a fascinating curse to wish on Nintendo's last console

Oops I meant latest, lil slip there

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

“People seem to think I need this person in my life for some reason,” he said in an update to Reddit users. “Truthfully I dont.

I love it when an article comes with its own sour grapes so I don't have to chase them down

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm going to buy a VR something and live in the virtual world from now on.
you can't live without food and clean water, silly :rip:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lizard Wizard posted:

I mean there was also the whole Al Gore thing, so
This was an even smaller margin of popular vote lmfao

Nobody on either side is alone, despondency and defeatism now is even stupider than the hubris that got them here

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mr E posted:

I sure hope the rights I've received in the the past 8 years don't go away!
About half the country agrees with you. It'll probably be alright, but don't be ignorant. A lot of people have been shaken up out of their complacency today, but I have my doubts how many of them carry that interest even a week out.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

codenameFANGIO posted:

With our luck that president would be Battleborn.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Palpek posted:

PS4 gaining momentum and The Switch will carry us through this.
A mediocre, fragile and expensive VR machine for well off people to hide inside and a semi portable battery eater that flags you as a giant target for robbery

Well that sounds pretty appropriate for us actually

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oddium posted:

hello please give me names for my baby. i'm thinking Link Iwata Lastname for a boy or Samus Hyrule Lastname for a girl
don't do that, all babies will grow to hate you, there's no reason to help it along

I said come in! posted:

Today is my birthday. :kiddo:
Grats on not being dead :toot:

also mine

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mordja posted:

So is there a hard cutoff age for knowing or caring about Pokemon? It was my everything as a kid, but I'm listening to an animation episode of We Hate Movies where they're talking about an episode from the show and they barely even know that it was a game first, and only have the slightest inkling of what a Pokeman even is. The WHM guys are only about 5 years older than me, 32 or 33, but they're completely ignorant about something I'd always assumed had fully entered the collective unconsciousness.
I'm older than them and played Blue on a lovely mono Gameboy, so they had every opportunity to play a superior version as kids

oddium posted:

boy: Bart
girl: Nicola

this one is a little more subtle
here's to you :ocelot:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm naming my child Kirby Super Star and you can't stop me!
At least Kirby is a name people have

If you're gonna give a kid a dumb name at least give them some plausible deniability

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

glam rock hamhock posted:

Just don't name your baby something that will make him or her have to explain it or put up with weird looks every time they introduce themselves for the rest of their life. It's the least you can do.
or if you MUST, you make it a middle name so they don't have to bring it up hardly ever and it will probably break the tension when they do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Police Automaton posted:

I'm old af and find it incredibly hard to keep up with the massive wave of video games that's coming out these days, anyone feel the same? I mostly look at active threads in this forum every few months to see what's out, if they're active enough, often the game is good. (as long as it's a genre that interests me, that is) Then I get the game and never come around to actually play it more than for half an hour. Then when I actually have the time, I often end up playing old games I've been playing already for years. How do I get out of this
that's a big part of why I watch Twitch so much, I can get a taste of whatever the new hotness is that day without any effort or expense on my part. I have to stop buying even good game bargains because I'm probably not going to use them for anything but decoration

Lurdiak posted:

Oddium should have 7 kids and name them all Lavos.
But the future refused to change

• Locked thread