Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Here's the video. Please take care of yourself. (TW depression/suicide chat).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dOtHyZbNk4

I ramble a lot in the vid but I told myself I wouldn't edit it in any way to really get across the emotion & feeling in my way of speaking. Hopefully that paid off, I know the video is long because I pause a lot. I'm opening myself up to you as much as I can, please be kind!
Again, thanks for sharing this.

StrixNebulosa posted:

I see my therapist today, and as soon as I'm free I'm thinking Stardew Valley or Brigador or another comfort game.
Stardew valley is an excellent choice to relax to. Hope you're doing well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

Celebrate as all our past ways wither, lead the way to an age of light

corn in the bible posted:

they have the power to ban homosexuality

not just gay marriage, being gay in general is a right afforded by a past supreme court decision and not shored up by federal law in any way. so it may literally be illegal to be gay. it'll definitely be illegal to have an abortion.

Holy poo poo that's horrible. I just assumed those things were considered human rights in the western world at this point, but I guess I was horribly wrong. I think I'll just shut up about this election now.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJuv8VeaUhQ

Also, here's the stream archive from last night in case you missed it and want something to zone out with.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh I beat him that was easier than I remember

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I should probably start Bloodborne. I bought it on release and have only played up the beast boss.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

PS4Pro just arrived as a nice surprise, so i'm thinking Bloodbourne as the first game to get.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lizard Wizard posted:

I mean there was also the whole Al Gore thing, so
This was an even smaller margin of popular vote lmfao

Nobody on either side is alone, despondency and defeatism now is even stupider than the hubris that got them here

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

I'm so glad to be done with this minigame in Owlboy.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Golden Goat posted:

PS4Pro just arrived as a nice surprise, so i'm thinking Bloodbourne as the first game to get.

Sweet, I hope I get my Pro today too.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the ps4 pro sounds cool. ah but enough about me

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

oddium posted:

the ps4 pro sounds cool. ah but enough about me

Turns out Oddium was a hideous half human, half PS4Pro from the future.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

no that's not right. you've misunderstood

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Golden Goat posted:

Turns out Oddium was a hideous half human, half PS4Pro from the future.

and I just watched The Fly (1986) last month...

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

oddium posted:

no that's not right. you've misunderstood

I know exactly what you are now. It all makes sense.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i'm being cyberbullied in trump's america

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I would never bully you Oddium.

So anyway is psn worth the free games & discounts? Figure it's better in the long term.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Make November Great Again

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I would have rather had President Armstrong

Less openly xenophobic overtures/misogyny at least

Plus he's made of nanomachines, ya gotta give him that one

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm worried that this economic downturn is going to throttle Nintendo's comeback.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
if the us dollar tanks to the yen, won't that be good for nintendo

i don't remember much from econ

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Golden Goat posted:

I would never bully you Oddium.

So anyway is psn worth the free games & discounts? Figure it's better in the long term.

It really depends. I'd just get it if you see a free game on that you like. The discounts are usually pretty negligible other than the current double discount offer.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

CJacobs posted:

Impressive! I know I certainly don't have commitment like that in me, I have a hard time finishing a let's play, let alone doing anything physical regularly. :v:

edit: If anyone wants it I'll put up a video on my YT channel talking more about my experience while I play a game or something, it's a pretty grim story but I have managed to turn it into a positive part of my life.

Thanks for the kind words. You keep being you :)

CJacobs posted:

Here's the video. Please take care of yourself. (TW depression/suicide chat).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dOtHyZbNk4

I ramble a lot in the vid but I told myself I wouldn't edit it in any way to really get across the emotion & feeling in my way of speaking. Hopefully that paid off, I know the video is long because I pause a lot. I'm opening myself up to you as much as I can, please be kind!

Your views align with my own. Thanks for making the vid. It takes a lot to bare your soul to strangers on the internet and I hope people take your message to heart.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Raserys posted:

if the us dollar tanks to the yen, won't that be good for nintendo

i don't remember much from econ

No. An abnormally strong Yen is one of the things Nintendo cited that hurt Wii U sales in North America.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I sure hope the rights I've received in the the past 8 years don't go away! I think I'll be making a therapy appointment, something I haven't needed for... quite a while. At least Dishonored 2 comes out? I guess?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

im disappointed "Gaming in the Clinton Years, Part 2" won't happen.

RIP George Wood.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mr E posted:

I sure hope the rights I've received in the the past 8 years don't go away!
About half the country agrees with you. It'll probably be alright, but don't be ignorant. A lot of people have been shaken up out of their complacency today, but I have my doubts how many of them carry that interest even a week out.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
So Pence is the emperor's right hand man from a 90s JRPG, right?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Argue posted:

So Pence is the emperor's right hand man from a 90s JRPG, right?

Yeah, it's hard to hope for an impeachment when he's the guy who'd take over

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

No. An abnormally strong Yen is one of the things Nintendo cited that hurt Wii U sales in North America.

Donald Trump personally singled out Japan in like all three debates as a country he was gonna punish as president.

This is his revenge for Japan taking over in the 80's...even though that was like thirty years ago he's sore about Japan buying our baseball teams and invading our nation.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
In times like these, I am glad video games exist. Go video games. Video games for president!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

thehoodie posted:

In times like these, I am glad video games exist. Go video games. Video games for president!

With our luck that president would be a MOBA.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

thehoodie posted:

:yeah:

Go on Videogames, make your speech.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Donald Trump personally singled out Japan in like all three debates as a country he was gonna punish as president.

This is his revenge for Japan taking over in the 80's...even though that was like thirty years ago he's sore about Japan buying our baseball teams and invading our nation.

Errr, I think you meant China? Then again, I didn't follow the debates...

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
At least I have the Switch and Breath of the Wild to distract me from life for a bit next year. Also they legalized recreational weed in MA so I need to get on that asap before the fed shuts it down.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I hope boys kiss in FFXV so I can end the year on a high note

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

codenameFANGIO posted:

With our luck that president would be Battleborn.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Long live the God-Emperor Trump and his Grand Vizier Pence. They came to power just in time for a plucky youth who was born at the stroke of 2000 to come of age and fulfill the prophecy.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rexroom posted:

Errr, I think you meant China? Then again, I didn't follow the debates...

that's okay, neither did most of the country

NobleSixFour
Jul 12, 2016
Just wanted to thank you, CJacobs, for sharing what you did. I know it wasn't easy to open up on that, but I promise you it's helping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Nina posted:

I hope boys kiss in FFXV so I can end the year on a high note

There's no way they don't, FFXV is one of the gayest games I've seen in years.

• Locked thread