Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

OMG

Then again, Street Fighter V has been such a clustfuck I don't know whether to be thrilled or terrified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Sentinel Red posted:

Then again, Street Fighter V has been such a clustfuck I don't know whether to be thrilled or terrified.

Between that and the weird, weird state of Marvel and licensing out characters right now, I'm miles more hesitant than hyped for this.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Street Fighter V is fantastic. I guess I didn't mind it taking forever to get all it's modes cause I have too many other games to play. Not too mad at No Man's Sky taking a year to get where it should be either.

e: I will miss the X-Men, but if the same teams are working on it, I trust it'll play well.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Nov 29, 2016

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Roth posted:

I get the feeling the MCU focus is nonsense, because it sounds like the same bullshit peoole say about Marvel trying to kill the X-Men comics because of movie licences despite an upcoming relaunch of 7 X-Men related comics and a ba-jillion Deadpool comics

Yeah, I can't believe they're making a fighting game and not putting Wolverine in it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, I can't believe they're making a fighting game and not putting Wolverine in it.

Unlike mvc2 which only had regular wolverine and bone claw wolverine, this one will have laura, regular wolverine, and oml

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

Unlike mvc2 which only had regular wolverine and bone claw wolverine, this one will have laura, regular wolverine, and oml

I'm down, it'd mean I can run a team of 3 different Wolverines

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Skwirl posted:

I'm going to join the calling bullshit chorus too. Do I believe that we're going to see characters who haven't been in the fighting games before because the movies have made them prominent? Absolutely. Do I think we're getting the MCU versions exclusively? No, that's silly, although I'm sure they'll have movie alternate costumes when applicable. Do I think they're not putting in Wolverine or Deadpool? Come the gently caress on with that nonsense.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, especially as they added her in the last game.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Actually if, say, Kamala and GwenP make it in, I'd be cool with some of the classics not making the roster. God knows, I don't ever want to see Magneto or Doom again, I'm all EM'd and footdive'd out. Same with Storm too as it goes.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Kamala would be a pretty great addition.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Has Capcom done any relevant new IP since MvC3, though? I guess there's Dragon's Dogma, Monster Hunter, and... uh... Lost Planet?

Wishlist:
- Iron Doom
- Hawkeye with Hawkeye and Lucky assists.
- Alex Power with FF kids showing up for various moves.
- Kamala
- Robbie Reyes
- SamCap
- Hyperion to troll DC

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Marvel vs Capcom 4 should just be Capcom making Marvel vs DC.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

Well, I mean, "Life" seems like an easy choice.

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a loving big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin can openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of loving fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the gently caress you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing loving junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, hosed-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life . . . But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Alhazred posted:

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a loving big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin can openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of loving fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the gently caress you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing loving junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, hosed-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life . . . But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got comics?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
You just reminded me Fight Club II existed and I'm so mad.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

END ME SCOOB posted:

How does quoting trainspotting remind you of fight club?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Because I'm an idiot. It still doesn't make me less mad.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

END ME SCOOB posted:

Because I'm an idiot. It still doesn't make me less mad.

Fightclub 2 is awful, but here is something to help with the pain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsozpEE543w

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

END ME SCOOB posted:

bobkatt013 posted:

How does quoting trainspotting remind you of fight club?

As Spock once said, "May the force be with you".

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
I'm thinking of doing the December discussion thread, unless anyone else wants to do it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

BSS December Chat: Batman's Ill Advised Holiday Special

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Madkal posted:

As Spock once said, "May the force be with you".

That's Gandalf, Spock said" Not all who wander are lost."

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

CapnAndy posted:

I'm going to join the calling bullshit chorus too. Do I believe that we're going to see characters who haven't been in the fighting games before because the movies have made them prominent? Absolutely. Do I think we're getting the MCU versions exclusively? No, that's silly, although I'm sure they'll have movie alternate costumes when applicable. Do I think they're not putting in Wolverine or Deadpool? Come the gently caress on with that nonsense.

Instead of an mcu costume, cap's unlockable costume should be a Hydra outfit

Sentinel Red posted:

Actually if, say, Kamala and GwenP make it in, I'd be cool with some of the classics not making the roster. God knows, I don't ever want to see Magneto or Doom again, I'm all EM'd and footdive'd out. Same with Storm too as it goes.

Gwenpool and kamala would be awesome

Has tchalla been in an mcu game? He'd make a good character for a fighting game

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Black Panther not being MvC4 would be a crime

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

site posted:

Instead of an mcu costume, cap's unlockable costume should be a Hydra outfit

Gwenpool and kamala would be awesome

Has tchalla been in an mcu game? He'd make a good character for a fighting game

There is basically no way on Earth that Black Panther isn't in a MvC4. Bucky is also extremely likely.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

ImpAtom posted:

There is basically no way on Earth that Black Panther isn't in a MvC4. Bucky is also extremely likely.

Can't wait for my team of 3 wolverines to face a team of Steve cap, Sam cap, and bucky cap alt costume

I wonder if we'll see any of the Netflix characters?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm going to assume that characters in the MCU will probably have a stronger presence in MvC4, but I don't believe for a second X-Men and Fantastic Four characters are off-limits.

New additions I'd like would be:
Thing
Kamala
Black Panther
Daredevil
Luke Cage
Groot
Star-Lord
Gamora
Scott Lang
America Chavez
Kate Bishop instead of Clint

Roth fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 30, 2016

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Sunspot, with Champagne Robot to assist in supermoves.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

site posted:

Can't wait for my team of 3 wolverines to face a team of Steve cap, Sam cap, and bucky cap alt costume

I wonder if we'll see any of the Netflix characters?

I wouldn't be shocked to see Daredevil and Luke Cage. Jessica Jones feels a bit unlikely to me but I've been surprised before.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Phoenix Wright was a character in 3, so I'm sure they could do something with Jessica fairly easily

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Kamala's an easy pick (she'd basically play like Super Skrull did in MvC3), but I also think Drax is somewhat of a no-brainer.

Oh, and Loki! We'd better get Loki.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

CapnAndy posted:

Kamala's an easy pick (she'd basically play like Super Skrull did in MvC3), but I also think Drax is somewhat of a no-brainer.

Oh, and Loki! We'd better get Loki.

Cat Thor alt costume

Ooh Jane Thor better be in

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think Ultron and Loki would be good villain additions.

And by that I mean comics Ultron and not Joss Whedon character #5

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Movie Ultron is the most forgettable villain of all time.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak posted:

Movie Ultron is the most forgettable villain of all time.

It was a pretty dumb clichéd robot villain but I did really like the emoting and delivery of his dialogue.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I loving wish he was a cliched robot villain. Instead he was a weird drunk robot who had no clear motivation. If he was screaming DES-TROY HU-MONS I at least would've gotten mild enjoyment out of them fighting him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's be hilarious if they really can't use X-Men and so they just replace it with thinly veiled knockoffs that play identicall. Ultron is the Sentinel, Loki summons rocks and has a foot dive, ect, ect.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

I loving wish he was a cliched robot villain. Instead he was a weird drunk robot who had no clear motivation. If he was screaming DES-TROY HU-MONS I at least would've gotten mild enjoyment out of them fighting him.
Being constantly hosed in the head because his two greatest desires are to be human and kill all humans is sort of Ultron's whole deal, though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

Being constantly hosed in the head because his two greatest desires are to be human and kill all humans is sort of Ultron's whole deal, though.

Yeah but in the comics he's an angry yelling robot man who has clear plans and goals and is constantly screaming about how awesome robots are and how lovely humans are. In the movie he was just Quipman #29. I mean Spader's a good performer but that script had nothing for him to work with, and he wasn't really appropriate for the role anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I mainly don't like that he was yet another character whose dialog was mostly one-liners and jokes. I don't mimd the humor as much as some other people with these movies, but Age of Ultron went way too far with it.

• Locked thread