Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Mr Hootington posted:

i voted trump so dc would quit making characters gay

#makecomicsstraightagain

edit: hoping Trump gets crushed and gay characters become more visible in the medium.

Madkal fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Nov 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Is there going to be a BSS Secret Santa coming up? I can't remember when last year's opened

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Retro Futurist posted:

Is there going to be a BSS Secret Santa coming up? I can't remember when last year's opened

I am down to send some gifts if someone organises it.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I'll organize again if there's a demand. Masochism runs in the family.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I usually don't sign up because I have a hard time deciding what to get but this year I'm so down.

Someone's getting some Pops

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I can't participate because I'm as poor as a dirt farmer on Neptune, but it's a nice and charming tradition.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

END ME SCOOB posted:

I'll organize again if there's a demand. Masochism runs in the family.

I'm trying out elfster in another subforum and it's pretty easy that way. I don't mind putting together one for here I just didn't want to step on any toes

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I would join but my backlog is so big I don't want more stuff.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Don't think I know anyone here well enough to be a decent secret santa.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Roth posted:

Don't think I know anyone here well enough to be a decent secret santa.

Let's get to know each other! Making friends is good and fun.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

WickedHate posted:

Let's get to know each other! Making friends is good and fun.

Hi my name is Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way and I have long ebony black hair (that's how I got my name) with purple streaks and red tips that reaches my mid-back and icy blue eyes like limpid tears and a lot of people tell me I look like Amy Lee

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Roth posted:

Hi my name is Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way and I have long ebony black hair (that's how I got my name) with purple streaks and red tips that reaches my mid-back and icy blue eyes like limpid tears and a lot of people tell me I look like Amy Lee

Onslaught reborn for you then.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I don't have the cash for gifts this year so sadly I won't be able to get a fourth copy of Onslaught.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I made the thread :ohdearsass:

Anyone remember how to request a thread getting stickied?

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 5, 2016

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I suppose if anybody really wanted to get to know me, the easiest place to start would be on my probably embarrassing Tumblr: http://azarath-evo.tumblr.com/

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Maltose posted:

I don't have the cash for gifts this year so sadly I won't be able to get a fourth copy of Onslaught.

imo cost shouldn't be a consideration on these. Some of my favorite forums SS gifts have been little $5 trinkets, it's just for fun

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Where do i send the bags of coal tia

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

As much as I might wanna give Bleeding Cool poo poo, I love them using pictures of different bald celebrities to cover the Billy Corgan wrestling story.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/11/03/smashing-pumpkins-vocalist-billy-corgan-loses-battle-control-pro-wrestling-company-tna/
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/11/05/legal-feud-smashing-pumpkins-billy-corgan-tna-wrestling-continues-twitter/

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Retro Futurist posted:

imo cost shouldn't be a consideration on these. Some of my favorite forums SS gifts have been little $5 trinkets, it's just for fun

Absolutely and no one should be discouraged based on price point, but having moved halfway across the country I'm sadly not even in the area of a five dollar flex budget for the foreseeable future

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Mr. Maltose posted:

Absolutely and no one should be discouraged based on price point, but having moved halfway across the country I'm sadly not even in the area of a five dollar flex budget for the foreseeable future

Same, except like, year round. I always have to scramble to make sure I can get stuff for people I'm dating around the holidays.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Roth posted:

Original deadpool it is and hal jordan green lantern

Agent_grey
Jan 8, 2007

Scrub-a-Dub-Dub!
I dunno about ya'll but have a very large tpb collection that grows as I discover yet another new series which means I end up with a lot of semi complete runs that now have volumes in them that are very out of print and expensive.

In the grand scheme of things it is a problem I love to have as im surrounded by weird and wonderfull stories and I like hunting these books down for a good price.

So my question to you all is: How do you all prioitise what your buying? And What is your holy grail to collect?

For myself well I clearly dont prioitise but hope I can glean an idea from the bss hive mind.
And my personal tbp quest is to find an affordable copy of the limited edition hardcover of usagi yojimbo saga volume 1 instead of being priced at £500+

I was off the week it turned up at my store..sad times

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I can't help, but I know your pain. I'm trying to trim my pull list because DC is publishing good books again (Batman, Detective, Superman, and the Young Animal books), and Marvel releasing a new wave of interesting books (Jessica Jones, Starlord, Gamora, Champions, and Unworthy Thor). I don't think I've had a pull list this big.

The Galactus trilogy will always be my holy grail. If I ever get a good price on those, I'm reading them, and framing them on my wall.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
All I could think during the end of Doctor Strange was "Man. I really want to see this effects team do some Shade the Changing Man films now, this would be great M-Vest psychedelia."

The cape physics might also have inspired this.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Retro Futurist posted:

I made the thread :ohdearsass:

Anyone remember how to request a thread getting stickied?
Just PM X-O or another mod.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
And speaking of Trump, if you look to the left, Jim Steranko spent today having a psychotic break on Twitter.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Wanderer posted:

And speaking of Trump, if you look to the left, Jim Steranko spent today having a psychotic break on Twitter.

This is the most loving depressing thing.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Lightning Lord posted:

This is the most loving depressing thing.

A bit, yes.

https://twitter.com/KurtBusiek/status/795847778798710784

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Today is either going to be very :suicide: or very relieving, followed by schadenfreude at Trump voters, followed by outrage and horror when a bunch of them commit hate crimes and poo poo anyway.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I just want it to be over :negative:

redbackground fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Nov 8, 2016

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Wanderer posted:

No, join me in blissful ignorance! As one of the last people without a Twitter, all of my favorite writers/celebrities are perfectly decent people as far as I know!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It was a pretty epic rant, all things considered.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if* Trump loses he'll refuse to concede, declare himself president, remodel one of his hotels into a White House and spend the next four years issuing executive orders,

Sad thing is, I could see people taking him seriously (whether because they believe him saying it's rigged or whatever).

* Again, I don't want to hatchet any counts before they chicken.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Wheat Loaf posted:

I wonder if* Trump loses he'll refuse to concede, declare himself president, remodel one of his hotels into a White House and spend the next four years issuing executive orders,

Sad thing is, I could see people taking him seriously (whether because they believe him saying it's rigged or whatever).

* Again, I don't want to hatchet any counts before they chicken.

No one can replace the late great Emperor Norton.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Even if Trump refuses to concede when he loses the general electorate will fail to give the slightest poo poo and move on. Gore couldn't even make a go of it when he had a legit claim and the election was decided by a couple thousand people in Florida and a bunch of GHWB flunkies, Trump is gonna lose definitively and embarrassingly to the point where nobody outside of his dumb as hell followers will take him seriously.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

WickedHate posted:

Today is either going to be very :suicide: or very relieving, followed by schadenfreude at Trump voters, followed by outrage and horror when a bunch of them commit hate crimes and poo poo anyway.

i thought you were voting trump?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Mr Hootington posted:

i thought you were voting trump?

Please don't gently caress with me today. Literally, I'm begging you, not to start poo poo with me right now.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Even if Trump refuses to concede when he loses the general electorate will fail to give the slightest poo poo and move on. Gore couldn't even make a go of it when he had a legit claim and the election was decided by a couple thousand people in Florida and a bunch of GHWB flunkies, Trump is gonna lose definitively and embarrassingly to the point where nobody outside of his dumb as hell followers will take him seriously.

That election was Gore's to lose but he couldn't even win his home state. If he'd won Tennessee he'd have won the whole thing regardless which way Florida went. His big mistake was declining Clinton's offer to campaign for him, because Clinton's approval ratings were high even in spite of everything.

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Nov 8, 2016

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Just a reminder that if anyone needs a pick-me-up today to read the Prez issue of Sandman found in the Worlds End trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
i vote hillary weeks ago and am currently at home watching msnbc, twitter, and a chat room while drinking. i'm a sad man having a good time

• Locked thread