Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Aphrodite posted:

That'll be like June.

I guess this is one advantage the American system has. In Canada, the loser typically still ends up with a prominent position in the government.
It's actually a major advantage over the American system because it enables viable third-party voting and small single-issue parties to come to the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Wheat Loaf posted:

<posts massive picture of Nigel Farage>
Well I mean, he's horrible and all, but giving him 1/650th representation in a parliament is a small price to pay for 90%+ of voters to have a say in government rather than the most popular ~30%.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

That's true. The system does start looking a wee bit dodgy when UKIP can get four million votes or so and end up with one seat, while the SNP can get about two million votes and end up with 56 seats.
It's intended that the system prioritises seats to electorates rather than popular vote so that you don't end up in a situation where, for example, a party may control virtually the whole of a country yet have half as much representation as another party that happens to do well in major centres of population but no better than second-best. Without that you'd have no representation at all outside of major cities, and you'd paradoxically have elected representatives in districts that couldn't represent.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

You've had the same female leader for 64 years, actually??

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

As a foreigner I'm going to eat popcorn and laugh while your country burns itself to the ground. #fallofrome

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Mr. Maltose posted:

gently caress you. Deeply and sincerely gently caress off if this is fun in any way to you.
Some people just want to watch the world burn.

:munch:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Madkal posted:

Can we talk about our favourite anti Fascist comics? I liked it when Cap America punched Hitler in the face. Not that that is topical or anything.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It's definitely Batmans when you're talking about people fulfilling the singular role of The Goddamn Batman.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

What is the collective noun for Batmen/Batmans?
An orphan.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I think He-Man got me into comics. So thanks, Mattel merchandising arm.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Age of Ultron was poo poo and Ultron himself was the sixth shittest thing about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I haven't seen Ant-Man but The Incredible Spider-Man featuring Captain America and Tony Stark was a mediocre film at best but still head-and-shoulders above Age of Ultron in terms of knowing when to dial back all the extra team poo poo and paprikash packed into it, as well as knowing how to use robot Carlton.

• Locked thread