Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Oops, I posted in the old chat thread because I just look at my UCP for my bookmarked threads.

My ideal candidate is Vermin Supreme, but I think I'll go with Clinton in this election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

WickedHate posted:

I don't get your point. She's better than Trump, that's what I said. Her political record is ehh, okayish? Generally, no one running for president is really all that great, though I think Hilary in particular is the most mediocre offered up by the Left even though I'd also vote for her over the last several Republican candidates.

I'm pretty sure the point is that Clinton has a fairly significant amount of political experience over Trump, while Trump is just now getting into politics and wasn't even all that good at what he was doing before the election.

Saying the only thing she has over Trump is just not being him, is also erasing the fact that she does have her good points.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I believe that there should be legislation banning "giant douche and turd sandwich" jokes is my newest political belief that came out of this election.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

WickedHate posted:

Anything with "Occupy" in the title seems rather...out of date.

How do you feel about Senator Daterape and incumbent President Douchbag?

Go away

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Funko Pops are some of the ugliest collectibles I've ever seen.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Don't think I know anyone here well enough to be a decent secret santa.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

WickedHate posted:

Let's get to know each other! Making friends is good and fun.

Hi my name is Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way and I have long ebony black hair (that's how I got my name) with purple streaks and red tips that reaches my mid-back and icy blue eyes like limpid tears and a lot of people tell me I look like Amy Lee

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I suppose if anybody really wanted to get to know me, the easiest place to start would be on my probably embarrassing Tumblr: http://azarath-evo.tumblr.com/

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Now to just hope that he's too incompetent to actually do anything.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

In any case, I'm going to walk into the comic shop tomorrow, buy my comics, come home, and then inflict paper cuts across my neck.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I can't believe Pennsylvania switched to red. I'm glad I live in Southern California where I should probably be safe.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rhyno posted:

It feels like they've already been suffering. If you're gay or brown in America the last year you may as well have a target on your back. This country sucks.

Things are just going to get worse.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

WickedHate posted:

My partner killed herself.

This isn't a good year.

I'm so unbelievably sorry

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Perhaps a bit inappropriate in timing, but I'm streaming Hellboy for the catharsis factor if anyone wants to join and watch

https://www.rabb.it/Somethingwentwrong

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I started reading comics in the mid 2000s when I noticed a small rack of comics in this military base grocery store my parents went to. They only really had a few Star Wars comics Dark Horse was publishing, and the more popular DC and Marvel comics, but I recall the first comic I bought was an issue of Star Wars: Empire where some Imperials went to an alien planet and had to desperately survive attacks by the native population.

I just started reading whatever from there, mostly DC and Star Wars, eventually started getting trades around the time The Dark Knight came out, read Watchmen because the trailer looked cool, then stopped sometime in High School. Not too proud to admit but attempts to get back into comics since then were often through piracy, but this year I started buying single issues again, and now comics are fun again.

It was this issue of Star Wars: Empire too

I got it because I thought the cover was cool

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Pretty sure it's somewhere in my closet along with the other two parts of that arc. I should reread it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Comic shop got shortchanged in half their order so they didn't have half of my pull list this week.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It's mostly Marvel stuff that was missing, and Black Monday Murders and Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps. At least they'll have it for me next week.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Teenage Fansub posted:

Time to ask for a tablet for Christmas :)

I already own one. I get a discount at the shop that makes it a lot cheaper to buy physical comics.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Does BSS do any sort of year-end reflection of the year's comics, like user awards or anything? This is the first year I've really followed new comics closely, so I'm a bit interested in knowing how good/bad this year was in comparison, though I'm making a guess that reception is mostly pretty positive.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm in

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rhyno posted:

Well first E-Mike takes a turn with the sheep, then you take a turn with the sheep...

:byodood:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

http://www.polygon.com/2016/11/28/13749536/marvel-vs-capcom-4-news

Marvel vs Capcom 4 announced

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I get the feeling the MCU focus is nonsense, because it sounds like the same bullshit peoole say about Marvel trying to kill the X-Men comics because of movie licences despite an upcoming relaunch of 7 X-Men related comics and a ba-jillion Deadpool comics

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Kamala would be a pretty great addition.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Black Panther not being MvC4 would be a crime

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm going to assume that characters in the MCU will probably have a stronger presence in MvC4, but I don't believe for a second X-Men and Fantastic Four characters are off-limits.

New additions I'd like would be:
Thing
Kamala
Black Panther
Daredevil
Luke Cage
Groot
Star-Lord
Gamora
Scott Lang
America Chavez
Kate Bishop instead of Clint

Roth fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 30, 2016

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Phoenix Wright was a character in 3, so I'm sure they could do something with Jessica fairly easily

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think Ultron and Loki would be good villain additions.

And by that I mean comics Ultron and not Joss Whedon character #5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I mainly don't like that he was yet another character whose dialog was mostly one-liners and jokes. I don't mimd the humor as much as some other people with these movies, but Age of Ultron went way too far with it.

• Locked thread