Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Wheat Loaf posted:

One thing I have been a bit surprised by as an outside observer is that nobody seems to have been making much of Clinton potentially being America's first female president. I would have thought that would have invited more commentary.
Fiction has delighted in doing female Presidents for so long precisely to trade on the novelty factor that it's simply lost all its novelty factor before we ever got a real one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
All right, fine, I'll be the brave one and admit I buy Pops (there's no loving way I'm alone in this, fuckers).

I don't collect them all or anything because that'd be insane, and financially ruinous, and I don't like them all, but they trend towards cute and if one makes me happy I buy it. It's usually villains, because c'mon look at this guy.

Teeny cute Voldemort just cannot deal with this Harry Potter bullshit any more, he's had it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Chaos Hippy posted:

That's not identifiable?
Ehhh, it's recognizable as Hoth Gear but c'mon, you tell me if this is Han or Luke or a generic Rebel or what without the box.

Which reminded me of this, which I defy anyone to identify without the box:

Snow gear Han Solo from Force Awakens but come the gently caress on, that's an old man in a blue shirt. But it came in a Loot Crate so he was worth decent money for about a hot second.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I usually don't sign up because I have a hard time deciding what to get but this year I'm so down.

Someone's getting some Pops

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

sorry I posted this before I saw X-O saying no politics

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 9, 2016

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

A great deal of the world is lovely and horrible but this forum is not, and I'm thankful for all of you. Cheers.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, I can't believe they're making a fighting game and not putting Wolverine in it.
I'm going to join the calling bullshit chorus too. Do I believe that we're going to see characters who haven't been in the fighting games before because the movies have made them prominent? Absolutely. Do I think we're getting the MCU versions exclusively? No, that's silly, although I'm sure they'll have movie alternate costumes when applicable. Do I think they're not putting in Wolverine or Deadpool? Come the gently caress on with that nonsense.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Kamala's an easy pick (she'd basically play like Super Skrull did in MvC3), but I also think Drax is somewhat of a no-brainer.

Oh, and Loki! We'd better get Loki.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

I loving wish he was a cliched robot villain. Instead he was a weird drunk robot who had no clear motivation. If he was screaming DES-TROY HU-MONS I at least would've gotten mild enjoyment out of them fighting him.
Being constantly hosed in the head because his two greatest desires are to be human and kill all humans is sort of Ultron's whole deal, though.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah but in the comics he's an angry yelling robot man who has clear plans and goals and is constantly screaming about how awesome robots are and how lovely humans are. In the movie he was just Quipman #29. I mean Spader's a good performer but that script had nothing for him to work with, and he wasn't really appropriate for the role anyway.
I thought Spader was great, actually. He managed to make every single syllable just drip with contempt, it was a joy every time Ultron opened his mouth. And of course movie Ultron was quippier than comics Ultron, he's based off of Tony Stark instead of Hank Pym. That's a big difference.

And come on, this owns.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6sa2CaT46M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

END ME SCOOB posted:

I don't know I could make a list right now but I feel I can support this 100%, I didn't see another comic film after Ultron until Strange it was so bad.
Ant-Man was fun but inessential, but god drat are you depriving yourself if you haven't seen Civil War.

• Locked thread