Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I collect some action figures and Transformers, but I have yet to buy a single Funko Pop. But I'm a Blue Beetle (Ted) and Booster Gold completist, so I'd be thrilled if they ever made them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

WickedHate posted:

My partner killed herself.

This isn't a good year.

Oh goddamn, I am so sorry. I can't even imagine how much you must be reeling from that still, and now all this.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
My parents were both teachers, and they taught me to read when I was two years old. We took weekly trips to the library and filled huge canvas tote bags with books every time, which I tore through. My dad was also a voracious reader and was always trading in books and gun magazines at the many used bookstores that used to be around, and he would bring me home Richie Rich comics by the armload.

I also loved Peanuts in the newspaper, and I lived for Super Friends, the '60s Marvel cartoons (especially '67 Spider-Man with its jazz score), Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, and the '60s Batman show, so it became a no-brainer to encourage me to read more by getting me more comics. The first non-Richie Rich comic I ever asked for myself was Transformers #5, with the infamous "The Transformers ARE ALL DEAD" cover with Shockwave, and my mom was worried it would be too scary. Before long, I was devouring DC Who's Who and Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Deluxe Edition, immersing myself in the history and backstories of characters, and by 1985, I was a comic fan and nerd for life.

• Locked thread