Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WickedHate posted:

Politics freak me the gently caress out and make me really anxious, so I'll be happy when Hilary wins and I can stop worrying about the faint possibility of President Trump.

That'll be like June.

I guess this is one advantage the American system has. In Canada, the loser typically still ends up with a prominent position in the government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WickedHate posted:

Well, they mostly still do here, Trump is an outlier.

Yeah but it's still not the same. They go back to being senators or governors or whatever.

It would be like if Trump got a seat on the other side of the desk in the Oval Office.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Once upon a time the Clinton thing was "She'll just be the same as Obama!"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's Photoshopped, although he did make plenty of monster faces and gets super into it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

I suppose the thing you're mainly interested in in America is who gets put on the Supreme Court. I imagine you could've ended up with a situation where enough of the really hardcore Sanders people either didn't vote or voted for Trump (because they want to teach Clinton a lesson or because they're accelerationists or something; I think I've read that Susan Sarandon believes or did believe in something like that, which I suppose is fine when you're a multi-millionaire celebrity with an Academy Award, but probably rather less so if you're a poor immigrant or a Muslim or an LGBT person :shrug:) then voted for the True Progressive MessiahTM in 2020, only to find that they can't get anything done because now there's like six conservative judges on the Supreme Court and three liberal ones.

You can say stupid here.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chaos Hippy posted:

Canada doesn't count. Our only female Prime Minister so far lasted two months.

And wasn't elected by the general public.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Your Local Funko Pop Store which sometimes also sells comics.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I have Green Arrow and (Not Black) Canary from the Arrow set because I collect things of those 2 characters.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RevKrule posted:

My wife has walls of Pops. She buys 90% of the ones we own (there are some I own) and she subscribed to the marvel/funko box so that's just bi monthly Pops coming in.

We have some that ebay decently but I've never been a speculator so even if I could get her to part with them, I probably would never sell them.

I saw that now there's a Pops only subscription box.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mighty Muggs are larger, more round than the mostly square Pops, and their details are printed on instead of molded.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

I can assure you it's not a coincidence that he built a hotel a few blocks from the White House.

He's built a slanted drill inside so he can tap the presidency out from under Hillary.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

It's been fun to watch people panicking from the outside. Sorry, buds.

Unless you're Chinese, you haven't really avoided being touched by it either.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm more offended people are still reading Action Comics.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not one of those "trying to be relevant to the site's content" dumb headlines, it's on purpose trying to be funny. And failing.

Incidentally I didn't know you could put a video with nudity on Youtube.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No season 5 spoilers, dick.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think it was just last season. He had his "I need to be the light not the darkness etc." thing, then the bad guy was literally called Darhk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WickedHate posted:

Dad. Huge box of 90s comics. This is also the origin of my affection towards the Death of Superman storyline.

I'm calling CPS.

• Locked thread