Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tie-breaker for serial you'd most like to find an episode from
This poll is closed.
The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve 33 44.59%
The Highlanders 41 55.41%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Jerusalem posted:

It would make no money at all but I'd legit love a 4 hour cinema screening of The War Games :swoon:

Now we're talking. I want to see that screw get screwed out of and into that gun on the big screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWaS5QtUZKA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

LordZoric posted:

Don't feel too bad, I watched all those episodes and still feel confused. Vastra and Co. are introduced pretty unceremoniously and the less said about all the Kovarian stuff with Amy's baby, the better.

As for Amazon, it's kind of a mess. You know how Netflix has their shows organized by show and season in reasonable way? Amazon tosses that out of the window, at least for Doctor Who. For some reason they decided to sort all of the Christmas Specials into their own sets that aren't in the show's playlist. This means that if you just let autoplay take you to the next season, it'll skip the specials. I figured this out when I missed the one with the Great Intelligence that properly introduced Clara to the series. I am pretty sure it does this with the 50th Anniversary special as well.

Yeah, they're all sorted under Season 0, except some are also sorted under different Season 0's. It's why Netflix is good. They sort that stuff for you. You can't take these things for granted.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah that cover is pretty drat sweet.

It really is.

Seriously, why is the European cover so goddamn ugly?

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

That was very competent, and also kind of boring. Grant should probably continue doing what he's doing, though, because the doctor doesn't actually save random people from burning buildings.

CobiWann posted:

It was Silver Age as hell, I laughed, and nothing bothered or offended me. It was the appetizer for a full course of Doctor Who in 2017. Would recommend.

The only thing that even slightly irked me was "man, Moffat had to bring up River ONE more time, didn't he?"

I love the little self unaware summary: "And then she died a long time ago in a library." What a way to go.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Jerusalem posted:

Awww jeez man.

I was hoping he'd stick around a long time, or at the very least for Chibnal's first season to allow a smoother transition :smith:

They've managed to do great in the casting so far so hopefully the new Doctor will be a good choice, but it felt like Capaldi was only really getting started.

It's sad, but not surprising that Capaldi would want out. Let's hope the show keeps being good watchable.

I'm glad, though, that not a single person in this thread spells Chipnail's name correctly.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

I want them go all out and cast an even older female Doctor: Kathryn Hunter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-nEG_jNEeE&t=25s

Someone brought her up in the last thread, and she just seems so perfectly odd.

And More fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Feb 2, 2017

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

After The War posted:

Big Finish has become my constant companion for any kind of menial activity: dishes, housework, gym, snow shoveling, boring tasks at work, you name it. Now, I'm able to do all this because I've listened to a lot of Big Finish, so it's a lot easier for me to compartmentalize what I'm hearing vs. what I'm doing. It's one reason I tell people to start with the earlier, simpler audios to train themselves up. I'm sure I don't have the retention I would if I gave an audio 100% of my attention, of course, and I should go back and really give the good ones the attention they deserve.

Yeah, I listen to the audio plays almost exclusively at the gym, now. It gives me something to look forward to. When it gets too distracting, I tend to turn it off, though.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Just turn the audio plays into a standard music playlists and tell Itunes to skip the tracks on shuffle. Itunes can't be trusted, but you can trick it into doing what you want it to do. :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

If they could just make this available in Germany, that would be "Fantastisch!"

• Locked thread