Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

duz posted:

I only have two lists that get regular updates. A list of movies I've seen in theaters and a list of movies I've seen that have dragons in them.

looking at your list dragons have possibly the highest "in film":"in title" ratio around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

My lists always are in need of community support by knowledgeable people:
a not at all specific list about movies about Edward Norton solving things with violence

Movies that mistreat food horribly

Movies with powerful beards

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Shrecknet posted:

I did a thing.

Taking suggestions, both on new titles and "which one is the good one."

Rules: no remakes/reboots/public domain stuff like Dracula or Robin Hood, just two completely unique movies that happen to have the exact same title. I'll allow articles like 'The' or 'A,' but anything more than that and I consider them different films.

Would swap out The Heat (2013) for this one: https://letterboxd.com/film/heat-1972/

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Anyone else log the new Mission Impossible yet? There’s a fun Easter egg that I was not expecting, a little cheesy but it made me smile anyway.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

gey muckle mowser posted:

Anyone else log the new Mission Impossible yet? There’s a fun Easter egg that I was not expecting, a little cheesy but it made me smile anyway.
Yup! Fallout had it too when I logged that one about a week ago :)

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Rageaholic posted:

Yup! Fallout had it too when I logged that one about a week ago :)

Nice, I was wondering if it did it for all of them

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nice, I was wondering if it did it for all of them

It does!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Barbie’s is cute too.

Pink heart if you like it

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Letterboxd should put all the STAB movies on there with their confirmed actors (Heather Graham in the first, Kirsten Bell in the 5th, etc) and let people rate/review them in a Goncharov-style mass hallucination.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Praise be to Letterboxd for having a good export system for lists, so I can compare my media collection to ones people have made so I can find gaps that need to be filled.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

EL BROMANCE posted:

Barbie’s is cute too.

Pink heart if you like it

if you rate oppenheimer anything other than 5 stars, your phone explodes

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I changed my username on Letterboxd, so here's my new link in case the one in the OP is broken now:

https://letterboxd.com/AetheriusNOLA/

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
The thread was chatting about lists recently. Here's something I've been working on, that isn't complete yet:

90 Minutes in Dallas: Cinema and the Kennedy Assassination

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I'm getting into LetterBoxd a lot lately. Reminds me of radio, where you're get a passive view into someone's tastes and preferences -- and a lot of people who are way more nerdy about film than I. Also just seems like a chill social site.

Gonna follow a bunch of people in the OP, but if there are folks here who aren't there or just want to expand their circle.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Feb 28, 2024

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

This is such a dumb idea, but I think I legitimately have *all* of them, with a minimun view count of 500 and no short films.

Four Letter Words

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Added you and everyone else I saw and hadn't added to the big list. Please yell at me if I forgot someone or if You, yes, YOU, MY GOON, haven't posted and thus you are still not on there! Shame!

The OP is a bit outdated since I updated the list multiple times, we should bribe a mod to fix this. Who is offering? :heysexy:

Goons Ate Goatse posted:

Updated 09/10/2023
8one6 - 8one6
Akarshi - nukedeggs
Allyn - Allyn
Antisamitism - antisam
Ashheap Empire - HarryJSleaze
Barry Convex - Barry Convex
Battle Cake - VGCake
Biff Rockgroin - Whamola
blast0rama - blastorama
BOAT SHOWBOAT - timmytime
bowmore - caramonfives
CatstropheWaitress - LazyPieSunday
checkplease - ch3ckplease
china bot - paoloerasmus
Crescent Wrench - DusterBuster
Darthemed - Darthemed
Detective Dog Dick - smashthestate
distortion park - space goats
DoubleCakes - doublecakes
DrVenkman - DrKoctopus
duz - duz
Egbert Souse - Egbert Souse
E.G.G.S. - MenOnFilm
egon_beeblebrox - farts_johnson
EL BROMANCE - jayx
El Graplurado - momoe nakanishi
Erin M. Fiasco - HardLuckErin
Escobarbarian - escobarbarian
fadam - amalenczak
FancyMike - fancymike
feedmyleg - gregoryreg
fenix down - fenixdown
Fifteen of Many - NickHough
Franchescanado - Franchescanado
FreudianSlippers - Gnonn
Friends Are Evil - moonsmilk
gey muckle mowser - muckle_mowser
GoldenGun - Grobbelboy
Goons Ate Goatse - Gaggy
Goth Odell Beckham - GothOdell
graventy - graventy
Greekonomics - karatebugman
Hat Thoughts - havelava
Heavy Metal - frankboothfan
I, Butthole - aewade
I Before E - TildeSwinton
Ibexaz - Ibexaz
Ingmar terdman - IdiotBear
Irritated Goat - irritatedgoat
JivJov - jivjov
Jordan7hm - jordan7hm
josh04 - Josh Mc
kalel - kalel
kanonvandekempen - GorgonZola
Kull the Conqueror - actionberg
K. Waste - kenny_waste
Lester Shy - KanleyStubrick
Lord Seo - amerrit
MacheteZombie - MacheteZ
Mantis42 - Mantis42
Maxwell Lord - EvanWaters
MrMojok - MrMojok
Narzack - narzack
Nroo - nroo
Peggotty - cebrail
PenguinKnight - Ami_Mizuno
piratepilates - piratejerk
pospysyl - pospysyl
Principle Hellman - clawxco
Rageaholic - AetheriusNOLA
Rascar Capac - rascar_capac
Ratedargh - ratedargh
Raxivace - Raxivace
resurgam40 - resurgam40
Roth - TwilightSporkle
Servoret - cbf
Shrecknet - shrecknet
SMP - smp
SoylentCola - OafParkour
STAG Goat - Goatgonzo
Spatulater bro! - caiman
SylvainMustach - Tomhomo
T Bowl - tfowl
Teenage Fansub - Teenage Fansub
Terrorist Fistbump - koblentz
thatfuturekid - mitchhayes
The Hausu Usher - Scream Comrade
Tsyni - tsyni
twernt - twernt
Twin Cinema - twin_cinema
Vanilla Bison - saltliquor
Vince MechMahon - Vincemechmahon
weekly font - weeklyfont
Wilhelm Scream - vincentprice
zenintrude - zenintrude
zer0spunk - aschaeffer
Zurtilik - Zurtilik

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Sep 19, 2023

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

I'm on there as Whamola, but I mostly just post quick horror reviews so I don't know that I'm super interesting to follow.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Goons Ate Goatse posted:

Added you and everyone else I saw and hadn't added to the big list. Please yell at me if I forgot someone or if You, yes, YOU, MY GOON, haven't posted and thus you are still not on there! Shame!

The OP is a bit outdated since I updated the list multiple times, we should bribe a mod to fix this. Who is offering? :heysexy:
My username changed. I'm now https://letterboxd.com/AetheriusNOLA/

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Added and fixed, thanks!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
LB needs to expand the favorites section!!!

I'll get off my rear end and update the op tonight

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Now we all are wondering, who offered you what to make this happen :tinfoil:
Do we even want to know??

Thanks! Both the quoted list as well as the original one in the post is up to date, the ones quoted in between are not

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
:wink:

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

Started using Letterboxd a bit more again since I was having fun watching movies at TIFF. Gonna try and start using it a bit more actively from now on, my profile is: https://letterboxd.com/VGCake/

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I have started my annual watch of every new found footage movie on Amazon Prime to try and find a diamond in the rough.

So far no luck.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Do they add new found footage movies to prime each year?

8one6
May 20, 2012

A lot of individual film makers add their stuff so there's usually two or three new ones to check out every October. It also looks like Shudder is making a new VHS every year.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Anyone else having issues with the android app? It keeps freezing up on me.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

8one6 posted:

Anyone else having issues with the android app? It keeps freezing up on me.

I noticed average review scores weren't showing for me, but nothing bad. I've been whipping the app because of a film festival, too.

Scorsese also joined Letterboxd and posted a bunch of companion films to his filmography with commentary. Fantastic stuff.

E:

Martin Scorsese’s profile on Letterboxd https://boxd.it/7ua3D

Companion Films list https://boxd.it/pUdmi

He also has a Film Foundation list that is like, 900 films long of all the restoration work he's involved with: The Film Foundation https://boxd.it/pInR2

I, Butthole fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Oct 28, 2023

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Marty posted a new list of the top ten widescreen films. And he's got my favorite film Last Year at Marienbad on it. Feeling real satisfied right now. Kinda think he's wild for Lola Montez which is good, but not my favorite Ophuls.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I, Butthole posted:

I noticed average review scores weren't showing for me, but nothing bad. I've been whipping the app because of a film festival, too.

Scorsese also joined Letterboxd and posted a bunch of companion films to his filmography with commentary. Fantastic stuff.

E:

Martin Scorsese’s profile on Letterboxd https://boxd.it/7ua3D

Companion Films list https://boxd.it/pUdmi

He also has a Film Foundation list that is like, 900 films long of all the restoration work he's involved with: The Film Foundation https://boxd.it/pInR2

This is interesting. Lots of films I've been meaning to watch: The Heiress, The Day of the Jackal, Touchez Pas au Grisbi AKA Hands Off the Loot.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

That's just really cool.

Letterboxd feels so pure, for a social-media-esque site. Doesn't feel popular enough for marketing departments to infiltrate it, so the few actor/director/etc. that are on there just seem to be there cause they also fuckin' love movies and want people to see their inspirations.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Yep. Sean Baker is another pro follow.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CatstropheWaitress posted:

That's just really cool.

Letterboxd feels so pure, for a social-media-esque site. Doesn't feel popular enough for marketing departments to infiltrate it, so the few actor/director/etc. that are on there just seem to be there cause they also fuckin' love movies and want people to see their inspirations.

Hope it can stay that way for as long as they can hold out

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
im slightly annoyed at how much i use da box since i started last year lol

https://letterboxd.com/goodbyefriendly/

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

CatstropheWaitress posted:

That's just really cool.

bowmore posted:

Hope it can stay that way for as long as they can hold out

They've sold to Canadian investment capital for 50M in september, so I'm gonna say they did not hold out.
They want to expand into TV properly as well, which I kinda wish they wouldn't.

https://gizmodo.com/letterboxd-majority-acquired-by-tiny-for-50-million-1850887306

kanonvandekempen fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Oct 31, 2023

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I honestly wouldn't mind the interface incorporating TV - it already does for limited series well enough. But the purity of it being about films is nice and I can see how that could clutter the interface if every single episode is rate-able.

That's a bummer to hear. At least that happened a month ago and there hasn't been a Bandcamp announcement yet where half the staff are let go immediately on sale.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

letterboxd has youtube videos on the platform and single seasons of tv shows like berserk. it would be fine and probably preferable if they incorporated official support for tv shows and other stuff

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress that. TV is a failed artistic medium it has no place in a website discussing higher cultural topics.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
I don’t even own a TV :smuggo:

I watch all my movies on my phone like a true cinephile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

ah yes letterboxd, exclusive home of cinematic masterpieces like...

Inside Out 3 on Letterboxd https://boxd.it/bUtk

:nws: link, of course