Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Just started my account and adding in my various reviews:
https://letterboxd.com/ch3ckplease/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
I like to use Letterboxd just to write notes and thoughts on the films. So sometimes I have some pretty long ones.

I think I probably have about 1 star error margin depending on my mood. I also noticed I keep rating stuff as 4 to 4.5. I’m only watching stuff I’m interested in and yeah guess there’s some natural hesitancy to going to 5.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Oh I didn’t think to use the like button to indicate I liked it. I just use the stars for that. 2 and below and I probably didn’t like it much. Guess everyone has their systems.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
I should use the lists more. I have a few I started, but often forget to update.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Who else has one end of year 2022 lists? here’s mine for releases this year that I watched.

2022 releases: https://boxd.it/jGfR6

I still want to watch Banshees, Tar, Decision to leave, Babylon, and some others but here’s my current top 10:

1. Everything everywhere
2. Northman
3. Top gun Maverick
4. Avatar the way of water
5. Nope
6. Three thousand years of longing
7. Fabelmans
8. RRR
9. petite maman
10. GDT Pinocchio

Im a new parent now, so going to the theater has been challenging. So I am not too surprised my top 4 are all ones I got to see on the big screen

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Nice, I still need to watch like half of those listed. There’s just too many older films I want to want watch also. Looks like I’ll have 118 movies watched and logged on Letterboxd this year.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
My bottom 2022 is moonfall. Roland forgot how to make his own formula work.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Saw there’s stats for the year on the app too:

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
I made good choices in 2022:

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
I hit 120 films last year. 300 to 500 is crazy ha. But maybe I’ll make it to 200 this year.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Time is limited, we are going to watch movies that interest us mostly.

That being said I did a conjuring universe marathon last year before I was on Letterboxd, but I don’t really want to go back and watch those for logging now.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Stars are fun but no reason to take them too seriously. I assume I have at least a 1-1.5 star variance depending on my mood or timing when I watch something.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Do they add new found footage movies to prime each year?

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
I watched and logged 126 movies this year, or averaging about 1 every 3 days. Pretty happy with that. I feel like I saw more in theater this year than last at least also.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose

china bot posted:

What was your final movie? I ended with Cecelia Condit's Little Spirits, which was short but kind of devastating

How to Blow Up a Pipeline was my final film of 2023. I had been meaning to watch it for a while and kept forgetting. Luckily got a reminder and shorter run time helped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
These 300 + films are crazy to me. I often feel like I need a day or so to sit with a film before moving on. Though maybe it depends on the film. I did marathon all the conjuring universe films a couple years ago and those were pretty easy to forget.