Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hey, I made an account on here; https://letterboxd.com/MacheteZ/

Great site, still adding all the movies I watched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Does anyone have a pro account? I have a CSV file with tons of movies for a watchlist that I don't want to manually enter. Is there any cool perks besides import features at the pro level?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Cool, I went ahead and got it since my "movie list file" is 635 movies haha. It got almost all of them too!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

My watchlist on Letterboxd has 531 movies on it. It's fun to look for something to watch and be able to sort that whole list based on genre or decade or length.

Also, I think with a Pro account you can have the site sort by availability on all the different streaming services, which is a nice perk.

My watchlist is down to under 600 after deleting some movies I had seen but not removed and a few that weren't listed on letterbox but on youtube so I had to just save them there.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Dec 5, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

It is neat how it auto removes them when you mark them watched in other views.

It's something so small and simple* yet amazing for the convenience it provides.

*Simple as a concept, not sure if it was a pain to code or not.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Is there a way to see if a movie you are looking at is on multiple lists in your saved lists?

Basically I have a few lists with horror movies and I want to be able to see which movies are on the multiple lists I saved.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spatulater bro! posted:

On a movie's page, if you scroll down to Popular Lists and click More, then click Everyone and change it to You, you'll see all of your lists in which the movie appears.

Sweet, thank you!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spatulater bro! posted:

Figure I'll post this here too. I made a list for the 2017 update of the They Shoot Pictures, Don't They? list. https://letterboxd.com/caiman/list/they-shoot-pictures-dont-they-1000-greatest/

Liked and cloned.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spatulater bro! posted:

What are the most obscure movies you've rated on Letterboxd? Go to your films and sort by popularity.

Mine:

Arroseur et arrosé (1896) - watched by 19 people
Praying With Lior (2008) - watched by 15 people
A Girl of the Limberlost (1990) - 13 people
Sleeping Dogs Lie (2005) - 13 people
2000 Years Of Christianity: God And The Burdened (1999, Herzog) - 9 people
Lessons in Film (1991, Herzog) - 4 people

Modular Body - Just me and K.Waste I think
The Execution of Gary Glitter 7 people

Those are two most obscure ones. Then it's the Dead Zone remake and Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 which I wouldn't really say is obscure.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spatulater bro! posted:

Check again. I bet that's the making-of documentary.

That's what I get for looking at just the thumbnail!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
help me with my list please

https://letterboxd.com/machetez/list/movies-with-coffee-pots-mugs-breaking/

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Darthemed posted:

There was a mug breaking at the end of the first Scary Movie, right?

Yup and I have that on the list! Thanks though.

Hat Thoughts posted:

Really admire your hustle on this one

Haha thanks, first time I've put together a list on here.

e: the Odd Couple movie from 1968!

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 24, 2017

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spatulater bro! posted:

So I've been a Pro member for a couple weeks now and it's been totally worth it. The Stats page is killer. But I think the best feature is the ability to clone lists. It gives me the ability to easily check if a particular movie is on a particular list. I just clone the lists I'm interested in.

I didn't realize list cloning was Pro only. I've used that for almost every list I have in my "lists" section.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Night of the hunter

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spatulater bro! posted:

That's already on there.

Whoops had my filters on. Lol

E: carnival of souls*
Johnny got his gun
Return to Oz

*technically directed educational and industrial films as well

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 11, 2017

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I wish the list thing at the bottom of a movie page prioritized your lists first. would be good to know if a rando movie i pull up is on a list of my own.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spatulater bro! posted:

I made a Letterboxd Godzilla list to help myself and others keep them straight: https://letterboxd.com/caiman/list/all-the-godzillas-so-many-godzillas/detail/

Nice. That's a franchise I want to dive into in the near future, but there's so many of them.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Is there a setting to make it auto-log the date for movies you watch? I always forget to check the little log box.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Raxivace posted:

I dunno but it auto-logs the date on the iPhone app fwiw.

Android user here. Oh well, maybe when they finally launch the android app.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I Before E posted:

Having Tenacious D in this list seems a bit off.

The Metallica pick is perfect tho

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lol I played the YouTube clip and my baby started smiling during the chorus

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

weekly font posted:

You're allowed to watch good movies (he says to someone, as Spooktober massively tilts his distribution every year)

Question: what does the heart actually do if you slap it on during a review other than say "yes I did like it as this 5 star review also states"

Hey sometimes I don't like a movie i gave a bunch of stars to. A well made movie doesn't mean I enjoyed it!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Can you make a list and let other users add to it?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Covid/Work From Home has me watching more movies. I'm almost averaging a movie a day after barely watching anything from Jan - March. Currently at 323 total, only 19 of those are from before the last week of March.

Going to be hard to keep up the pace now that my wife has to use our movie room for teaching kiddos though.

On the CineD discord there's a bot setup to use Letterboxd, and it can be set to follow users so their reviews pull up. That's made me write more reviews for what I watch on Letterboxd. It's a great tool!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

You know what you have to do.

:sever:

I've tried to convince her teaching would be more comfortable sitting on our bed! She won't listen!

"other than that everything's perfect" - every relationships post

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
real talk,

our house is pretty small, i'm lucky to have a movie room at all.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Franchescanado posted:

I can't get the "own"/"owned" tag to give me a new sorting option.

It worked for me, but took a few minutes to get added to my filter options. It's also in the middle of the filter options where I overlooked it for several more minutes before realizing I'm dumb.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Here's mine
https://letterboxd.com/machetez/year/2020/

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Banger of a first movie

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Working from home completely reinvigorated my movie watching habits.

E: what a bad snipe.

I really like that several posters doing the bracketology thread have letterboxd its fun reading people's fresh reactions to the crazier movies in the tournament

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Goons Are Great posted:

People are clearly lurking this thread, I got a lot of new goon friends now :sun:

Really digging this app, super fun to just scroll through films and shitpost reviews, it's like the natural addendum to this forum

Replaces film dump quite nicely

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Ingmar terdman posted:

Since the thread is back can anyone help me complete this

Funny people

The Bunny Game

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Feb 18, 2022

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Holy poo poo GAG thanks a ton!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
My star ratings are all over the place and I like 90% of what I watch. Hell I'll press that like button on something I give 2 stars sometimes.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

8one6 posted:

One of my absolute favorite found footage horror movies is Bad Ben and it is by all objective measures a steaming pile of poo poo.

The bad Ben series is so loving weird

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Love me some cheap n dirty found footage poo poo

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Here's my 2022 round up!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
501 solid.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007