Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
http://letterboxd.com/jivjov/

I am also on Letterboxd!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
My lowest popularity films are all Kamen Rider and Super Sentai films.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Is there an easy way to see all the times I've logged a movie? I've got a couple that I've done rewatches on that I'd like to see the exact spacing on

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Allyn posted:

Go to the film page, click the green eye that says "Logged" underneath it

Oh beautiful. That's exactly what I needed. Thanks!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
My entire bottom row is not very surprising. 6 different random tokusatsu films, a documentary about high school baseball in Japan, a documentary about Russian cosmonauts, a Filipino Batman comedy, and an anime film.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I always have thoughts I'd like to commit to a review...but then I have to get in the car and drive home from the theater, and I've lost the drive to write a review when I get home.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Dire Chinchilla posted:

77 movies for me last year. Rookie numbers, I'll try to do better in 2018. Also, my brother made me rewatch the Star Wars prequels with him in the last days of December, and it made George Lucas my most watched director last year.

I like movies that are sad and weird, if you do, too, feel free to add me:
https://letterboxd.com/Owca/

I did a rewatch of the entire Star Wars saga at home before Episode VIII hit theaters, so George Lucas is my most watched director and Anthony Daniels my most watched actor.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
A movie about a woman with agency...yep, it's gonna attract the shittiest of people

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Yaws posted:

Does the iphone app for LB run like poo poo rear end poo poo for anyone else?

It's always been perfectly stable and snappy for me; what iOS and phone are you on?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Just realized that since I'm doing the 1-a-week marvel rewatch, Stan Lee is probably gonna end up in my "most watched actor" spot for 2018.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I use the TV Time app for tv shows

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I just discovered a sci-fi short film anthology place called Dust. My Letterboxd list is gonna bloat VERY FAST

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
If they didn't want me to log them...why are they in Letterboxd's database at all!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I waffle on marking films watched that I don't have an exact date for....it bothers me that I'm missing progress on Lists when I know I've seen them, but it irks me to log a film when I can't definitely say when I saw it

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Black Mirror episodes are on letterboxd? That's beyond the line for me...but I guess they are basically short films

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

PenguinKnight posted:

just watch short films that are so obscure they aren't on letterboxd :smug:

And then go add them to that database Letterboxd draws from? (I have done this for sentai films)

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Narzack posted:

Does the Letterboxd phone app seem kinda crappy to anyone else? A lot of the time when I search for a movie, it just hangs and doesn't seem to do anything. I end up having to close it and reopen it a few hundred times.

What phone are you using? I generally find the app to be a superior experience to the website in terms of searches

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

I did an MCU rewatch this year, so...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Lester Shy posted:

Are these top actor/director lists part of the end of year thing they do or is it a premium feature?

It's the Stats page you only get if you're a Pro subscriber

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

EL BROMANCE posted:

Is the site even more broken than usual for others? I don’t think I regularly use something that gives so many errors.

Yeah, their twitter posted about it this morning/late last night. They are aware and investigating

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Per their Facebook, they got some new server equipment and it's got some strange traffic bottleneck that didn't show up in testing.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
https://letterboxd.com/jivjov/year/2018/

I did an MCU rewatch in the leadup to Infinity War, so my "most watched" is dominated by the frequent members of that franchise. And then work became hell toward the end of the year, leading to a big lull of several 0 and 1 Film weeks.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

NienNunb posted:

I feel like I’m a bad reviewer because my most used rating by a wide margin is five stars. I’ve just watched and rewatched a lot of movies that I’ve loved over the last three years. 170 movies I’ve logged have been given between four and a half and five.

I give a LOT of 4s, which is my catch all "I really really liked this but there was a quibble I had"

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

piratepilates posted:

When you guys rate movies, do you use 50/100 as "an average movie", or "a mediocre/bad movie"?

3 stars is my "yeah it's fine. Nothing really stood out", 4 is "I really enjoyed this" and 2 is "this is noticeably weak". I try to keep the center point actually on the center

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Alright Thanos

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Pillowpants posted:

Is the iPhone app better if you get pro? I just want an app that I can rate movies on when I watch them.

What issues are you having with it? Cause I used the iOS app as non-Pro and Pro and love it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
There's a green Plus icon in the bottom center that jumps straight to "log a film", and you can also set up a Siri shortcut if you're so inclined to voice shortcut straight to that interface as well

Edit: also works if you longpress the app icon

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
https://letterboxd.com/jivjov/year/2019/

Well, to the surprise of absolutely no one, I watched a shitload of Star Wars content last year. Also, I do log short films, so some of my stats are a bit wacky (like how I have 11 films from Rian Johnson logged when the man's only made 5 theatrical features)

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Mine has too much time left on it to renew now. Oh well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
https://letterboxd.com/jivjov/year/2020/

Please forgive the hilarious number of rewatches of some films. Among the general poo poo that was 2020, I went through a LOT of personal poo poo and retreated to comfort movies even harder than I normally would.