Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Maxwell Lord posted:

Kinda wish it were easier to browse- like some kind of page that shows you a bunch of random movies would be helpful, a la Criticker, otherwise I have to add all the movies I've seen one at a time or look for them in lists.

I've been creating my own lists, which is mostly a waste of time because I'm sure nobody will ever look at them, but I mark each film that I add to a list as watched so that adds up pretty quick. Going through the entire They Shoot Films Don't They? list was a good start though, I had almost 300 films after I'd done that.

http://letterboxd.com/basebf555/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
My watchlist on Letterboxd has 531 movies on it. It's fun to look for something to watch and be able to sort that whole list based on genre or decade or length.

Also, I think with a Pro account you can have the site sort by availability on all the different streaming services, which is a nice perk.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
My watchlist is really a sight to behold when its not organized in any meaningful way. I've got really serious art films like Embrace of the Serpent and Happiness right next to schlock like Missing in Action(Chuck Norris) and Under Siege 2.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

ruddiger posted:

Movies that have supermarket shoot outs

Cobra
Stone Cold
Blue Steel
Hot Fuzz
Wanted

Does Grosse Pointe Blank Count?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Spatulater bro! posted:

Is it just me or is the price jump from Pro to Patron pretty extreme? Pro is $19 per year and Patron is $49. As far as I can tell the only worthwhile difference is that with Patron you get the custom background image on your profile and lists.

I think calling it Patron is their way of saying its basically a donation. Like, hey if you enjoy this site then throw us a couple bucks because its pretty expensive to run.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've trying to think up creative ideas for lists like that but I'm no good at it. All of my lists are basic poo poo like "best sci fi movies of all time" or "25 visually stunning films". Pretty obvious stuff.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Or possibly last year, not 2017. Still a high number but I've had years like that where I watched something almost every single day.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm such a pleb. All the movies I've watched have been seen by at least 289 others! 289 is kind of a depressingly low number though for the Apu Trilogy. More people need to watch that.

Its pretty funny though, my most "obscure" movies are all lovely 90's crap that I saw just because I was a kid and movies are awesome. We're talkin Cop and a Half, Camp Nowhere, and Ladybugs. The 90's really were something.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

I, Butthole posted:

I finally finished my Tati watch-a-thon: https://letterboxd.com/aewade/list/watchin-and-rankin-jacques-tati/

I can't encourage people enough to watch every Tati film, if you haven't yet.

I guess my problem is that I watched Playtime first, and it seems like, from what I've read about Playtime, any Tati film I see after that will probably be a let down. The expansiveness of Playtime is really unbelievable, and from what I understand Tati never really had those kind of resources before or after that.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

TrixRabbi posted:

100%. Hollywood gave Tom Green the keys to the car and he took it for a joyride and Thelma & Louise'd it over a cliff. It owns.

People really had no clue what to make of that movie when it came out, the various reviews and reactions were as entertaining as the movie itself. I honestly don't remember much of it, I haven't seen it since the year of its release.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I at least try to rate everything I watch(although I've been slacking since October) because I enjoy being able to look at the overall chart of my ratings and being able to sort based on that. Out of a little more than 1,500 films, I have 68 rated five stars. Just need one more for 69!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yea for a 90's kid who's first real exposure to Aerosmith was the Armageddon soundtrack, it's hard to see them the same way Wayne and Garth do.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
There was also the Walk This Way collaboration with Run DMC, which was such a big deal for the resurgence of Aerosmith that it permanently changed their career trajectory.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Darthemed posted:

None but the biggest stars for me this year.

I was wondering about how you'd watched 20 John Ratzenberger movies and then I looked him up and saw he's done voices in almost every single Pixar film.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Friends Are Evil posted:

Yeah, watching anything even tangentially related to Marvel absolutely fucks up your top 10. It did for mine. Ving Rhames is near the top of mine somehow?

Only thing I can think of is that you watched all the Mission Impossible films recently.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I went through a Cruise phase this year too. Watched every Mission Impossible, then I was still looking for more Cruise so I bought Jack Reacher and Oblivion on UHD. Then of course when MI: Fallout came out recently I grabbed that right away too.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/worstletterboxd/status/1141088849407434752?s=21

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

cebrail posted:

Why is Chernobyl on Letterboxd?

I think miniseries are on there, Chernobyl isn't considered an ongoing t.v. series