Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Letterboxd is extremely good. It's the only movie-rating-and-review site I've ever used more than a handful of times before giving up in frustration or asking myself what the point was. So easy to use, and so easy to get an idea of what to expect before watching a movie I'm iffy on, or just know nothing about.

I made a list of the CineD Movies of the Month a while ago for my own benefit, now for all to enjoy: https://letterboxd.com/koblentz/list/cined-motm/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

TrixRabbi posted:

It's a shame Criticker seems to have fallen out of favor. I like Letterboxd for a better focus on community and also collecting movie posters like trading cards is fun. But Criticker is super useful for sorting movies (like when I want to know what I've seen from 1975 specifically) and for creating a remembered films list. I keep both going since they've got their advantages and disadvantages, but I'm worried about Criticker going under.
Are "remembered films" films you want to see? Letterboxd has that too, as a "watchlist" that you can add films to with two clicks.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Go to any list and click the eyeball on the right side of the sorting bar.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone else keep a list of movies they've missed but definitely want to see from a given year? Here's mine from 2016.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

friendo55 posted:

I've done that for 2013+ onward, and before that I just added those films in the description of my Ranked films from that year.
I just liked your list - we have a lot of the same films listed, and if it wasn't for film festivals, I wouldn't have the same luck seeing so many.

This is my ranked films from 2016, and a link inside for ones I've missed last year.

I poached a bunch of stuff from your lists. They're very comprehensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've been using the android app for a few weeks now (no idea when in the last couple months it was released) and it's pretty good. Won't replace the full site for serious browsing but it's convenient and very fast.

Ps followed all the new people, welcome