Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Spatulater bro! posted:

I'm going to begin using Letterboxd regularly, but I'll keep using Criticker too. Criticker's predicted score feature works unbelievable well. Sometimes it's uncanny how accurate it is.

Once I've added all of my movies to LB, I'll post a link here to my profile. I've got about 2,000 to go...

Same here. Criticker is great but it has the look of a site that's going to mysteriously disappear one day. Just finished moving all my picks over. Thankfully I didn't have four digits like some others here.

http://letterboxd.com/smp/

e: How did you get the films you've seen to fade out?

SMP fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Nov 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMP
May 5, 2009

Almost Blue posted:

Honestly, they're pretty easy to ignore after a certain point. The ones that get me are the ones that look like they're multiple paragraphs so you think "Oh, they actually thought about some stuff" but it turns out to just be a list of things that happen in the movie.

Also, any YouTubers on the site are garbage.

This is my biggest pet peeve, along with super long reviews that probably have good content in them but no capitalization. You can get away with that poo poo for one, maybe two paragraphs, but not an essay.

SMP
May 5, 2009

still unclear to me why people constantly mention where they watched something.

SMP
May 5, 2009

https://letterboxd.com/smp/year/2018/

266 films watched / 22.2 per month avg / 5.1 per week avg

Around July I got into the weird habit of watching a movie almost every day and haven't stopped. Barely watched anything in the first half of the year though (I binged all of the Dragon Ball series). I also reviewed 100% of what I watched, because I wanted to stop Letterboxd from being just a gamified checklist. I'm really glad I started reading/writing reviews because it's led me to some great people on there that have pointed me to a bunch of great movies.

Bookended the year with Brawl in Cell Block 99 and Antichrist.

Most Watched: Watched (and loved) Hereditary three times, but only watched my favorite, First Reformed twice.

Best 5/5 First Watches: Inside Llewyn Davis, Phantom of the Paradise, Candyman, Texas Chainsaw 2, Halloween II (2009), Possession (1981), Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters, Eyes Wide Shut.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Darthemed posted:

Most of the people in the first post of this thread are good follows.

ok whoever followed me with this as one of their only reviews please report directly to jail