Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I bought Pro just now when I noticed it had JustWatch integration and it's incredibly good. You can set which services you have access to (cross region! in my case Criterion Channel (US), amazon prime (FR) and netflix (UK)), and then you can use a "Your Services" filter in the search. When you look at a film it also has easy to use buttons that take you straight to the page on the service it's available on. So simple but it really does take all the pain out of the terrible proliferation of streaming services (by signing up for yet another subscription lol, but at least letterboxd is cheap and has 0 dark patterns around cancelling your sub)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Agree that without a significance filter the ratings ones aren't very useful. Sort by popularity ends up being close enough for me.

My letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/space_goats/

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Goatse and Gallant posted:

Added!

Edit:
I'm considering doing a clean up in the big goon list and, for now!, remove anyone who neither posts when asked (which would be this post??) after a solid waiting time, nor logged any movie this (and maybe additionally the past?) year, just so we make sure we have active goons on the list and keep it clean. There also, however, are good reasons to just leave it as it is and only remove those who might have gone 404 by now, after disabling or deleting an account. Obviously anyone requesting to be re-added ITT would get in immediately regardless at any time later. I don't know if we have anyone or any number of people who, for example, never log things or never use a (recent) date when doing so, in that case a clean up could be based on other things, too. So, some questions to ask!

So I'll ask the thread, what do you think? An idea to do in practise or is it me being too German on paperwork and databases?

After a quick look into the list, this would only affect a low number of goons, still, I'll let the thread tell me what might be a good idea or not!

imo it doesn't really matter, I doubt anyone's going through the list and systematically adding everyone. I just clicked on a few random people and followed, and use it as a reference if someone posts an interesting take in CineD.

I have added a bunch of films to my watchlist though as a result of seeing people's fav'd or reviewed films from that list, so thanks for making it!

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Leatherhead posted:

I'm glad they have the top 250 lists, because if you just sort by rating, most of the first couple pages are just TV shows.

If you got to the front-page of letterboxd and sort by highest rated, it shows you "Films", the top 10 of which include Band of Brothers (#2 film of all time), cowboy bebop (#4) Fullmetal Alchemist (#8) and breaking bad (#9).

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Actually all is forgiven Planet Earth 2 is at #15

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

duz posted:

I only have two lists that get regular updates. A list of movies I've seen in theaters and a list of movies I've seen that have dragons in them.

looking at your list dragons have possibly the highest "in film":"in title" ratio around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

How on earth is 69 the first positive number missing, out of all numbers? Some producers are leaving money on the table.