Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I started my account after doing a big ol' horror binge in 2020 because I wanted a place to just keep track of all the movies I was watching and since then I've really been using it to log horror movies basically exclusively. It's a fun website!

https://letterboxd.com/HardLuckErin for mine. I keep a few all-genre lists for first-time watches and all-time favorites, but ratings and reviews are horror-only because I truly do not feel like going back and diving into a rabbit hole out of which I know I will never escape. :colbert:

My hearts/likes are given out if a movie gives me that fluttering intangible feeling while watching it. There are plenty of well-made movies that get high ratings because I respect the craft, but a movie with a heart means I want to grab someone and tell them all about it, even if it's not particularly "good".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

If I have one complaint about Letterboxd, and this might be a MovieDB issue, it's that it just kinda removes movies randomly sometimes. I'm a little miffed that I added a "wrestling show" (which was much more like a live scripted and shot play + movie hybrid) and my partner was able to review it but then it just got unceremoniously deleted. Are you telling me it's somehow less valid than the Starkid musicals?

Maybe I can contact them about it. I'm not entirely sure how it all works.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Yeah a TV-only version that pulls from TVDB and maybe a videogame version would be nice, but the movie focus is why I'm there. Letterboxd is such a slick website that does everything it needs to be and doesn't overcomplicate things. Just have your account details apply across multiple sites if you absolutely must.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

china bot posted:

What was your final movie? I ended with Cecelia Condit's Little Spirits, which was short but kind of devastating

I only log horror on my Letterboxd account so my stats say it's Scream 2, but my actual last movie was a rewatch of Blazing Saddles, which I watched for the first time a few months ago and wanted to rewatch with some friends. My last new watch was Past Lives. All in all, a good end to the year.

Here's my list of my top 50 first time watches this year. It was a really great year for movies for me.