Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018

JebanyPedal posted:

Good, those annoying white noise single sentence unfunny reviewers clog up the site with poo poo.

Honestly, they're pretty easy to ignore after a certain point. The ones that get me are the ones that look like they're multiple paragraphs so you think "Oh, they actually thought about some stuff" but it turns out to just be a list of things that happen in the movie.

Also, any YouTubers on the site are garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
I finally got Letterboxd pro. Anybody know if there's a way to make it so on the stats page for highest rated it doesn't list people who I've only seen one movie by? Or at least combine the most watched with highest rated? Basically I have like 15 directors who I only watched one movie by and gave it 5 stars this year so they're all listed under the highest rated tab.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
It's such a weird rule, but I guess they just do it so there aren't like 4-5 entries for a single movie on things like Blade Runner and Heaven's Gate.

There are still a few on the site – such as the Richard Donner re-edit of Superman 2 – but I'm not sure by what logic it's decided to make them distinct entries.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018

Darthemed posted:

I'll gladly take that over the reviewer who ends every single sentence with an exclamation point.

That one guy who just lists everything that happens in the movie in sentence fragments is way worse.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018

EL BROMANCE posted:

Hm I commented on someone’s list the other day, and now I’m getting push notifications whenever someone else comments on it. But there doesn’t seem to be an option in Letterboxd to enable or disable this. Don’t recall this ever happening before, even when someone directly replied to me (which would’ve been actually somewhat useful).

If you check the list on the desktop version of Letterboxd there should be a green bell that shows up near the comments for that list, just click on that to disable notifications.

I think you can also disable it under your profile>edit profile>notifications.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
Yes, I think so. I've had actors hop on my stats page because of that even though I didn't watch more movies that had them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
There's some features that are nice to have if you're pro like adding a tag for if you own a movie/being able to sort lists by if you own the movie, stat pages for the year, setting which streaming services you use/getting notifications if a movie in your watchlist is added to streaming, but the main thing is probably no ads. If you use the website a lot I think pro (but not the higher tier) is worth it, but if not then probably not