Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
I feel you. I constantly feel the urge to get mad at people's bad opinions, but the average curve of most movies winding up weighted at a 3 helps me understand that most people on the site are incapable of feeling any real joy about anything, across any genre. I always try to follow the How Did This Get Made model and read the 5 star reviews, especially for outright terrible movies. I'd rather learn about what makes people feel joy than people trying to Rex Reed their way through life saying everything sucks.

Going to echo all of the other people here that say I just rate movies purely on my own enjoyment of them, not by how I think it would be definitively ranked in some cinematic museum. If that makes some nerd mad that I consider Venom a 5 star movie because I had a great time watching it on an edible, it is what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Letterboxd has spurred a level of compulsion I never knew I had, I'm digging through old keepsake chests for movie stubs just to properly log stuff. I'm remembering I had garbage loving taste in the 2000's.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Finally, my time has come

Movies with a character named Fuller

Movies released in 1985 featuring EG Daily and a claymation scene

Really long movies featuring a guy in a fat suit pretending to be Italian

Movies featuring Laurie Holden and an air raid siren