Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

E.G.G.S. posted:

I splurged on a Pro account and changed my user name which also came with some sweet, sweet end of year stats that got totalyl skewed by me watching all the James Bond films.

https://letterboxd.com/menonfilm/year/2019/

RE: Criticker, I wish there was a way to transfer over written mini-reviews, instead I must cut and paste them in chunks like an animal. Please don't tell me if there is a way because I've already done almost 1,000.

you export criticker to XML and import to letterboxd. I did it, it's super easy, the only hiccup is that any review that ends with a " mark breaks the xml and carries over the result, so you have to do a little bit of tlc on the xml before importing.

e: https://letterboxd.com/shrecknet/

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jan 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

TrixRabbi posted:

cybertronic exploitation cinema
I'm sorry, are Rumble, Frenzy and Soundwave running a loving grindhouse studio under Megatron's moon base?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Can we talk about the letterboxed user who logs his movies with the only diary information being the theater he saw the film at. :wtc:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/shrecknet/status/1332664476248674305?s=19

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Do you count Tunisia because the Tatooine parts of Star Wars was filmed there?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

lol Portrait of a Lady on Fire has the star rating option replaced by... fires.

Between this and the blood drip when you filter by horror, I don't know any other website of similar size that does as many or as fun easter eggs.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

this is slander against my main man and I refuse to accept this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DTWGmcEY4Q

I will 100% go to the mat saying Cena is a better rapper than Lin Manuel-Miranda

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

What am I missing? I feel like there's a giant film or series of films that all cover "people forced into horrible situations to cover medical costs" that points to a broader theme.

Like, not movies just about the medical world (like Bringing out the Dead or whatever) and not just movies about people dying from cancer or whatever (Bucket List) but specifically movies about how hosed America is and how these movies are utterly incomprehensible to people in countries with UHC.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

is there any way to export your https://www.flickchart.com/ ratings so you can have a good list of movies to import to letterboxd? I have a friend who loves flickchart and wants to use her flickchart ratings to create a letterboxd account

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

the steak scene at the beginning of Ravenous

also the rest of Ravenous but for other reasons:haw:

Lips Manlis in Dick Tracy

Stripe and his friends in Gremlins

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Can anyone think of anything I'm missing?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Franchescanado posted:

If Club Dread counts, then so should Puddle Cruiser. And some posters of Super Troopers. Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The Seven Year Itch. Maybe The House of Yes with Parker Posey?

If you're allowing Revenge of the Nerds IV's horizontal legs, then Inherent Vice and The Graduate, maybe Choke.

Maybe also Say It Isn't So with Heather Graham? The original Piranha?

Jack with Robin Williams or Spy Hard for another funny one.

You've also excluded Porky's.
one of the issues (and why I've had to keep it updated) is I'm only using the official Letterboxd poster, which they occasionally update, not the alternate/fan posters from places like Flickchart.

My criteria are that it needs to have a backside in view, ideally cutting off the head to totally objectify the subject or at the very least not show their face (back of head/hair only) and the bonus is to have something in between their legs, ideally a person. Don't Tell Mom, the Babysitter's Dead is about as out-there as I want to go.

If it's just "a person whose face is visible facing the camera in a sexy outfit" that's not good enough to make the list imo.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I did a thing.

Taking suggestions, both on new titles and "which one is the good one."

Rules: no remakes/reboots/public domain stuff like Dracula or Robin Hood, just two completely unique movies that happen to have the exact same title. I'll allow articles like 'The' or 'A,' but anything more than that and I consider them different films.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I'm 0/6 on these; which ones are 'the good ones'

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Letterboxd should put all the STAB movies on there with their confirmed actors (Heather Graham in the first, Kirsten Bell in the 5th, etc) and let people rate/review them in a Goncharov-style mass hallucination.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

This is such a dumb idea, but I think I legitimately have *all* of them, with a minimun view count of 500 and no short films.

Four Letter Words

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Movies Starring David Oyelowo where the poster is just a white background and a head

There's more than you think! :haw:

Movies produced by the Russo Bros in which it’s a major plot point that bridges are closed off to people trying to flee the city while the protagonist, played by an AVENGERS actor, uses his mission to deal with his grief from a family member’s death

There's more than you think! :ohdear:

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Nov 5, 2023

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

My letterboxd wrapped thinks I should be on a list :devil::ese:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

This was a big year for me, first time I completed Spooktober, and watched a ton of stuff I'd been 'meaning to get to' that were "good for you" movies like Searchers, Rear Window, Possession

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Also, pretty proud of myself that only one of my "Most-Watched" actors is a white dude. Yay diversity!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Crescent Wrench posted:

I'm more baffled by how the hell you could scrounge up 10 entries for Herk Harvey.

Lotta I Accue My Parents-style educational shorts get played before MST3K episodes, I imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

https://letterboxd.com/shrecknet/list/adding-up-numbers/

KOMPRESSOR ADDING UP NUMBERS :black101: