Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Here's me: https://letterboxd.com/xenomrph/

I like the iOS app, but I'd like it a lot more if it didn't gobble up all my storage space by downloading as many movie posters as it possibly could. I've (possibly temporarily) purged the app from my phone for now, after it ballooned to over 2 goddamn gigabytes.

The app makes it super-easy to add movies to my "watched" list by picking a genre and letting it throw random movie titles at me, it's way easier than trying to remember every movie and key in the titles by hand. Can you do something similar with the website?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Wilhelm Scream posted:

Been using Letterboxd for the past couple years and it is by far my favorite of the movie sites

http://letterboxd.com/vincentprice/ for anyone who wants to add me, I'll add'em right back.
8,000 films watched, holy moly. :stare:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I made a list of Weird War II movies: http://letterboxd.com/xenomrph/list/weird-war-ii/

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Ha, I was wondering when you would finally do this after seeing your posts in the Wolfenstein thread.
I'd been meaning to for a while, I've just been slammed with work and packing and crap.

I'm pretty sure it's a fairly complete list. There's actually a couple anime films I could have added but Letterboxd didn't recognize them.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Spatulater bro! posted:

What are the most obscure movies you've rated on Letterboxd? Go to your films and sort by popularity.

Mine:

Arroseur et arrosé (1896) - watched by 19 people
Praying With Lior (2008) - watched by 15 people
A Girl of the Limberlost (1990) - 13 people
Sleeping Dogs Lie (2005) - 13 people
2000 Years Of Christianity: God And The Burdened (1999, Herzog) - 9 people
Lessons in Film (1991, Herzog) - 4 people

Hahaha, my 13 least-popular movies are all Weird War II movies. 17 of my bottom 20 are Weird War II. Three of my bottom 5 were only watched by me.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

If you didn't have the qualifier of "in modern times", I'd say 'Aliens'. "I like to keep this handy for close encounters."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Goons Are Great posted:

I'm working on a list of movies in which people eat badly. Like, the tomato scene in lord of the rings, the squid scene in oldboy that wasn't even acting but real and also despite the actor being vegetarian and similar terrible food situations. Looking for input on this important matter

Yeah I know of the terrible peach scene in both the handmaiden as well as call me by your name, peaches have gone through a lot

‘Alien’, Kane has some indigestion