Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I'm so glad there's a thread for this! Here's my own hastily thrown together page: http://letterboxd.com/NickHough/

Literally no one I know likes movies so let's be friends and share cool things. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

Spatulater bro! posted:

Hi there Fargo-loving buddy!

:hfive:

I think I've added everyone from here back. Looking forward to seeing what you goons have to say about these series of still images put together to create the illusion of movement! I've got a Doctor Strange (and maybe Arrival if I can go see it tomorrow) review on deck but I'm doing a lot of traveling for work the last two weeks that's eating into my "sit and write" time.

On the subject of reviews, since the star system is so subjective, how do you personally approach it? I struggle sometimes to consider a movie on its own merits instead of comparing it to others I've given similar scores to, which I think leads me to inflate scores a bit. I'm thinking of going with something a bit more defined:

5 - Think everyone should see
4 - Really good, would definitely recommend and rewatch.
3 - Fine, would recommend if you're interested but probably wouldn't rewatch.
2 - Disappointing, wouldn't rewatch.
1 - Wish I hadn't seen at all.

Curious about other guidelines that you fine folk may use.

Fifteen of Many fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Nov 13, 2016

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

friendo55 posted:

I followed you, but don't see you following back :colbert:

Woah there tiger! Who are you? I've followed anyone that popped up on my feed or was in the OP. I've been on a plane all day today so it's possible I missed someone.

Edit: are you SafeDriver? I went though my recent activity and that was the only one missing.

Edit 2 for content: I spent all day on a plane working on a presentation for work instead of thinking and writing words about movies and when I got to the client site they cancelled the meeting. :argh:

Fifteen of Many fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Nov 15, 2016