Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I finally bothered to import my data from Criticker for the hell of it: https://letterboxd.com/actionberg/

I like certain features, especially the diary/rewatching but I don't like that for such a robust filtering system, I can't even select country of origin. I also hate the five-star system so I'll just be straddling both websites forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Criticker is beautiful and you are all hypnotized by the siren of boring modern web design.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

feedmyleg posted:

I got in trouble when a friend looked at my letterboxd scores recently. At one point I'd ranked all the Universal horror movies against each other rather than against all other movies, and it meant that many were artificially lower than they should've been. I lost cred, sadly. But immediately made it up by recommending he watch The Visitor.

You're doing it correctly. The rating should be relative on a subjective basis reimagined for each film. Movies have too many different goals/experiences to be judged against the entire pool every time.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Didn't learn this til a couple months ago, but Letterboxd is fan-loving-tastic when it comes to telling you where a movie is streaming. Turns out you can edit your profile to select 'favorite services' (i.e. ones you pay for) and can then filter your Watchlist by those favorites.

Makes it super easy to filter out stuff that isn't out yet or costs a buck. Also helps id when something is both available on Youtube or Amazon for $$$, but might also be on Peacock or Tubi for free.

Yeah that’s the main reason I use it.

But it’s also good at showing at depressingly limited the streaming options are compared to the whole landscape you used to be able to get at a video store.

Thankfully we still have libraries with DVDs or I’d probably lose it