Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
City of Glompton

You probably already know that voter suppression is bad news but it can be hard to say “no” to self-proclaimed 'poll watchers' and still be cool. Here are some ideas to help when you go to cast your ballot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

1. Do I look like a target of polling place intimidation to you?

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

City of Glompton

2. Am I being detained? I have to be on my way. Am I free to go?

City of Glompton

3. I thought this was the line for free condoms.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
4. Visualize yourself as someone you respect like Lionel from the ThunderCats or Taylor Swift and use their power to assert yourself.

City of Glompton

5. If I tell you who I'm voting for, my wish won't come true!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
6. Wear a Trump: Make America Great Again hat

Manifisto

7. 40s and ditchweed? come back with microbrews and dank and we'll talk.

City of Glompton

8. Get a life, you Trump troll.

Manifisto

9. oo yeah baby, suppress me harder, that's the stuff

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
10. Utilize a distraction like a subtle cough or a small smoke bomb so that you can make your way into the voting booth

City of Glompton

11. Look, over there! I think the Duck Dynasty guys are giving away free guns!

Historical Wizards

12. Give them a zero rupee note, they will be to confused to do anything

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

Manifisto

13. cast magic missile

Manifisto

14. why am I a vegan? I'm glad you asked

ty nesamdoom!

City of Glompton

15. There's only room for one of us in that booth but you can watch for twenty bucks

Macnult

16. "our votes don't even matter, so what is your purpose?"

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
Step 1: Go to your primary care physician and adopt a dog

Observe and study the dog's behavior and pinpoint it's animalistic dominance and spirit

Channel the dog and act as it would to intimidate and stun the poll worker so that you can make your way to the booth and vote free of suppression

Manifisto

so you're saying, hump the vote suppressor person's leg?

because that could work

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
18. Step 1: Reaffirm your commitment to communism and the destruction of the proud history of Democracy in the U.S.A.

Step 2: Use the secret funds you were given to lure a decadent american cow:

Step 3: Slaughter the cow and utilize your knowledge of evil communist sorcery to make a magical powder that will aid you in fooling the noble american poll worker:

Step 4: reap the fruits of your labor to distract the poll worker and help the motherland defeat the capitalist pigs:

Manifisto

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

lol

City of Glompton

20. I'm sorry sir, but if you want me to kick your rear end, you're gonna have to pay me to do it

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
21. Voter suppression, huh? Yeah...that's...cool. To be honest, I'm over it. I guess I sort of grew out of it.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

FactsAreUseless

Ayyyyyy
/

Ehhhhh hey hey!
/

social vegan

I got arrested once for poll showing

treasure bear

i underfund education for decades and usually get the result i want come election day

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
24. Check and make sure you are still a privileged white male

As long as you are a privileged white male vote free of suppression and return home to the unconditional love of your $3000 pure bred dog who has been home guarding your mini mansion in the suburbs far away from the brown people

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Luvcow posted:

As long as you are a privileged white male vote free of suppression and return home to the unconditional love of your $3000 pure bred dog who has been home guarding your mini mansion in the suburbs far away from the brown people

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Luvcow posted:

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
25. If you live in a red state with an early voter registration deadline, no vote by mail, no early voting, restricted voting hours on election day, and a voter ID law, all you have to do tell them, "Your work here is already done. You can go home now."

City of Glompton

misty mountaintop posted:

21. Voter suppression, huh? Yeah...that's...cool. To be honest, I'm over it. I guess I sort of grew out of it.

Psychedelicatessen

26. Votes are for mowers

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
27. Have you heard the Good News about Gary Johnson?

Ace of Baes
*while winking* I'm one of the good ones.

social vegan

sleep for a week while wearing sunglasses and hope you'll wake up and everyone will stop being garbage

FluffieDuckie

Ace of Baes posted:

*while winking* I'm one of the good ones.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Senior Management

Tell them that you will go inside and make sure nobody snuck in the back and to keep up the good work.

:jerry:

Manifisto

To "Just Say No" to voter suppression, one must have a reason and that reason must be that there are more interesting, and productive activities to choose from. It also helps to have an answer to peers who may attempt to suppress your vote. Be strong as sometimes you may have to lie about how much voter suppression you have had that night, e.g: "I have already had far too much tonight", or, "Sorry dude, it doesn't agree with my chest, I get really bad asthma". When declining the offer keep strong but calm, if you become too abrasive to the voting suppressor there could be consequences, for they are most likely interpreting your decline differently than your meaning. Keep in mind, people who offer you voter suppression, are most likely on voter suppression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

Manifisto posted:

To "Just Say No" to voter suppression, one must have a reason and that reason must be that there are more interesting, and productive activities to choose from. It also helps to have an answer to peers who may attempt to suppress your vote. Be strong as sometimes you may have to lie about how much voter suppression you have had that night, e.g: "I have already had far too much tonight", or, "Sorry dude, it doesn't agree with my chest, I get really bad asthma". When declining the offer keep strong but calm, if you become too abrasive to the voting suppressor there could be consequences, for they are most likely interpreting your decline differently than your meaning. Keep in mind, people who offer you voter suppression, are most likely on voter suppression.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

• Locked thread